Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2009, 07:40 PM   #21
pcw

OK, here is the deal on the A/C and Radio. My sales person just called me after talking to the sales manger that got the memo. It was a mis communication, the sales manager read the memo and told the person that orders all the cars to please make sure you order A/C and a radio on the Spyder, he stated this was for North American. What the sales manager didn't make clear is that the reason for the memo was a reminder to the dealers that the Sypder does not come with A/C and a Radio and if those options were not selected, the car would not come with them automatically, like probably every other Porsche would.. So there you have it, you do not need to order A/C or a Radio with the Spyder in North America. The way the memo read, I even misunderstood and so did the Regional Sales Rep as well when we looked at it. Someone also posted that in the latest edition of AutoWeek mentioned the same thing. For sure a poorly written memo that cause misunderstandings all around.

Sorry for the confusion....

PCW

Last edited by pcw; 12-12-2009 at 08:38 PM.
pcw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:44 PM   #22
JTP

Lost in translation, the interpreter needs to brush up on his Deutsche!!
JTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:23 AM   #23

The standard seats in the Spyder that you referred to are the Sport Buckets. they're an option for Boxster/911. They were used as standard on the Spyder to keep weight down compared to the Sport seats, along with A/C and radio/speaker delete.
CRCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 04:17 PM   #24
pcw

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCGuy
The standard seats in the Spyder that you referred to are the Sport Buckets. they're an option for Boxster/911. They were used as standard on the Spyder to keep weight down compared to the Sport seats, along with A/C and radio/speaker delete.

CRCGuy],

Yes I understand that.The seat I sat in on the 911GT2, I was told were the same as the Spyder. They are really snug and gave really no movement to your outer thighs and knees. I love the look of the standard Spyder seats, but they are difficult to get in and out (I'm no 150 lb person of as well as no movement except for sliding back and forth on the seat tracks. Even if you could just move the back a few inches would help. The leather Sports seats (code # P77) were much more comfortable and so much easier to get in and out of and had back lateral adjustments. Might cost a little more and weight a little more, but well worth it to me. What good is a Spyder if your not comfortable in it.

pcw
pcw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:10 PM   #25

it's interesting you say that...I have a small frame (5'6" and 130lbs) and found the standard seats uncomfortable, so I too prefer the sport seats. I asked the general manager why they seem to be a rare option. he said that most larger frame people find them uncomfortable because the side bolsters are non-adjustable and too snug by default. So if they get the sport seats they usually need the Adapative sport seats (i.e. power) so they can open up the bolsters, which adds yet more cost; hence, they don't usually equip their cars with them.

CRCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote