Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 03:17 AM   #1

Front Bumper Pictures

I need a new front bumper for my 2000 base boxster and wanted to see some photos of the different styles that are available. I am thinking of getting an "S" type bumper for better air flow and to have more engine options in the future.

I went to ebay and grabbed a couple photos of a stock "S" front bumpers for a 2000 and for a 2004 Boxster. I think the 2004's will fit my 2000, please correct me if I am wrong. I think I like the looks of the 2004 model better than the 2000 and to my eye, maybe it may generate a little more downforce.

Opinions, advice and photos of front bumpers are welcome. BTW, a new stock 2000 "S" 'front bumper from Suncoast is about 650.00 unpainted, it retails for just under 1K.

Ed

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:00 PM   #2

Why not the GT3 bumper?

03' 986 Midnight Blue Metallic
Light Weight Flywheel | Tinted Windows and Windscreen
Painted Bumperettes | 550 Spyder Grille Kit

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_9sTq_sN1KDw/Si...2009%20055.jpg
crios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:40 AM   #3

Why not the GT3 bumper?

Probably because it would look slightly odd if you stopped there...the GT3 bumper is part of a whole aerodynamic package. Perhaps an early 996 front bumper would be an option? Subtle change, but attractive if you feel the need to revise.
PCA DE Instructor circa '95
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:49 AM   #4

Bumper Options

Hey that GT3 bumper picture is my bumper, I bought it and it's painted and sitting on my car at the body shop waiting for the rest of the car to be finished. I went ahead and added the Aerokit II side skirts to go with it (factor $1500 more painted and installed).

Does the seal grey car with the full aerokit belong to someone on here? I've seen a few pictures of it before and mine will look similar when done, just minus the wing and the Techart wheels.

I've seen the early 996 (pre-02) bumpers used on 986's, Pedro did that after the road gator got his front end. That doesn't require much and they can't be hard to find. Those work for both Base and S models. The 03-04 bumpers will work if you like the styling and would be the same situation as the 996 bumper. The guy I bought my GT3 bumper from had an 03 base model bumper to sell as well, don't know what he would want for it or if he still has it, but it was already painted black so you'd need it repainted. If the classified ad is still up for my GT3 bumper you could contact him and see. He's located in a suburb of Atlanta. So it's at least on the East Coast.
EJ_2001_986_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 11:28 PM   #5

Garage
small thread resurrect... That grey 986 looks great! What kind of spoiler is that btw?

My Boxster: http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/58649-1998-986-boxster-2-5-belgium.html
Bad_Pritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 01:23 AM   #6
Rennzenn

Garage
The spoiler is aero kit II