Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 10:36 AM   #1

Hofele Design Bodykit

Johnny Danger's post on the new GT3 bumper kit reminded me about this kit I saw a while back & forgot to share:

http://www.hofele.com/en/produkte/porsche/porsche_boxster/boxster_986_karosserie_speed_gt.html

Another refreshingly modern & clean kit.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:37 AM   #2

....although not that I see the HUGE pics, it looks like there are some fitment issues under the sides of the fenders...
Old 02-03-2011, 12:28 PM   #3

This is one of the few body kits that I've liked. It's a clean look, yet different, IMHO.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:33 PM   #4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroked & Blown
....although not that I see the HUGE pics, it looks like there are some fitment issues under the sides of the fenders...

Yup, you have a good eye . Once a person has gone through the process of installing a body kit, their eye becomes trained to identify these kinds of fitment problems. Even in the hands of a skilled professional, these kits can be a nightmare to get right . Not to mention, significant cost overruns in time and labor .
Old 02-03-2011, 02:29 PM   #5
Pat

Love it! Most non-OEM bumpers are a bit out there, but this looks modern, simple and like it would integrate well with the rest of the car when stock. Nice1
Old 02-03-2011, 03:10 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroked & Blown
Other than that... I DO like it.
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:12 PM   #7

I love the rear bumper without bumperrets..
Is there a way to remove bumperrets on stock rear bumper?

Sasha
sasha055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:45 PM   #8

ps, notice that the stripes down the side have been photoshopped in afterwards (compare the two images and find 10 differences ...); begs the question if other aspects of the images have been modified as well ...
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:04 AM   #9

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King
ps, notice that the stripes down the side have been photoshopped in afterwards (compare the two images and find 10 differences ...); begs the question if other aspects of the images have been modified as well ...
I thought that too, I do like the look of the rear bumper but it it seems to be photoshopped quite a bit, check out above the exhaust something doesn't look quite right.
The front bumper treatment is different to most others I have seen but personally I would prefer less angular line around the centre grill.

But thats just my taste
Christian H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:50 AM   #10
JTP

The dividers in the front grill area are too angular and does not complement the rest of the 986's curves. It's not bad but it looks like an obvious afterthought.
JTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:02 AM   #11
Pat

YEah, I picked up on that, too. Not perfect, but still nice enough IMO to look good.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:18 PM   #12

Any one out there have the Hofele?

Yes, I know I am bringing back a very old thread...but....

It seems like the only pics I can find on line are only the ones from Hofele themselves (yes, these very same ones on this thread that are from years ago). I am quite intrigued on this......the kit looks almost OEM to me, yet modern, and not like everyone else with a 986

So questions: does any one out there have the Hofele front or rear bumpers? Was there/is there in fact fitments issues? Would you be willing to share a few pics? I would love to see one of the kits on a real persons car, not just pics the company's own photos. Because if one get the front and rear bumpers, and the wing, it's a lot of money $$$$ sight unseen

Appreciated!

InTune is offline   Reply With Quote