Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 03:03 PM   #21

I also like that the 2.9% financing, only available on CPO's, offset's half of that premium, compared to a 5.75% equity loan, or even higher rate used car loan.

stephen wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:36 AM   #22

Update: I got the DME report, only 18 ignitions in rev range 1, and they were mine from the test drive! I'll have to be a bit more carefull in the future!

For better or worse, I'm picking up the car Saturday. Ended up at $31,700, with the dealer installing a windstop, and free battery maintainer. I'm sure many could have done better, but it's below KBB & other estimates. Even $2K would only change my monthly by $10. My only concerns are top-up visibility, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Come on Weekend!
stephen wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:26 PM   #23

Steve- Congratulations on your purchase! I just checked out the pictures on the dealer website - great looking car! I'm in a similar mode - looking for an '05 or '06 CPO car. I think you made a very wise decision going that route. And as far as the purchase price, the only important thing is that you're comfortable with it. And it looks like you got a lightly used, very well cared for car that you should be able to enjoy for a long time. Hopefully you'll have sunny, top-down weather this weekend!

jrp911 is offline   Reply With Quote