Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 07:27 PM   #21

The racer's can probably comment based on more experience, but to me the Boxster is a little scary when approaching the limits, because my sense of the car is that it's just going to stick and stick and stick until it just lets go.

I've found that carrying only liability insurance on my car makes me drive a little more conservatively.

roadracer311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 05:54 AM   #22

I am interested to know if you lifted the throttle before entering the turn or once into the turn?

My guess would be he got in too deep, lift off the throttle, which moved the weight off the rear wheels to the front and made the rear end light...she'll come around almost every time. I see this happen all the time at DE events.
PCA DE Instructor circa '95
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:13 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatta
I am interested to know if you lifted the throttle before entering the turn or once into the turn?

My guess would be he got in too deep, lift off the throttle, which moved the weight off the rear wheels to the front and made the rear end light...she'll come around almost every time. I see this happen all the time at DE events.
Jmatta, you are dead on. Learning how to drive these cars at DE events is a big plus. Understand what the car can do on the track and use that knowledge to keep out of trouble on the public roads.

1997 E36 M3/4/5
http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/w...ygug/arial.jpg
gerrygug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:13 AM   #24

Huewish, glad everyone is OK. You made an error. Admitted doing so. Warned other members here. I make no judgements either way, but most people on this Forum rarely admit being wrong and take ownership. Good for you.

Did your Boxster have PSM- Porsche Stability Management a.k.a. the old Traction Control option?

Last edited by Flavor 987S; 09-11-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Flavor 987S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:28 AM   #25

I just wanted to state for the record that I went to my office Friday night to pick up some things I had forgotten. As I was coming down towards the same curve, I saw two cars that had crashed, and landed in approximately the same area as my collision. Therefore, I would say that it is a design flaw to that road.
huewish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:06 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by huewish
I just wanted to state for the record that I went to my office Friday night to pick up some things I had forgotten. As I was coming down towards the same curve, I saw two cars that had crashed, and landed in approximately the same area as my collision. Therefore, I would say that it is a design flaw to that road.

What is the definition of a road with a design flaw? Just wondering if I have a case against Sebring International Raceway after spinning out and totaling my spec E30 BMW into the wall after turn 16.
Weekend Fun car: 02 Boxster S
Mark Dreyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:52 PM   #27

im happy to hear that you and the other driver walked away unharmed from what could have been something awfull also hope you stay around and get another box, now stay off of that road lol
Quote:
dirtyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:09 PM   #28

Quote:
It was actually Las Colinas near 114 and O Connor.
Ah! I recognized that from the video. That's right by the golf course there -I drive down 114 everyday. I have seen plenty of accidents right there on the access road.

2000 Porsche Boxster | SOLD | http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9114

http://www.kryzak.com/storage/986sig12.jpg

http://kryzak.tumblr.com
Jeph is offline   Reply With Quote