Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2006, 02:26 PM   #21

Black doo rag with wrap around wileyX's. Maybe the one with skulls and flames.

Old 02-25-2006, 04:25 PM   #22

Why would you wrap yourself in a car when you could go faster, corner better and get better gas mileage with a motorcycle in the same top down weather? If you want the totally in the open experience you can't beat a motorcycle...

I think it is all just a little related to your situation. If you've got fair skin (esp. if more of that than hair) on your head you appreciate a little extra coverage from a hat. If you don't like flying at speed without a metal cage of safety around you, you take the Boxster instead of the motorcycle. In neither case do you stop appreciating the open sky and rush of wind.

And no, Sooner, the Tilley (T3) doesn't get all floppy unless I'm doing better than 120. Can't say enough about those hats - I lost my last one, finally gave up hope of finding it again and had to get another. The last had been to Hawaii, the Caribbean, Iceland, hiking, horseback riding, etc. Always performed great and kept me from being roasted from the sun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigislandboxster
Why would you put a hat on when you're driving a car with the top down? Seems kind of errrrrr.......stupid? If you're worried about the sun, then why put the top down?

Unless you're driving for hours, I don't quite get it
Old 02-25-2006, 04:36 PM   #23

Hi,

I was a Redhead as a Kid, Hair Darkened (then Grayed), but skin remained Fair into Adulthood, so for me a Hat is necessary Kit.

Fortunately, as Mrs. MNBoxster puts on Major Golf Tournaments for a Living (she's in Bruce's Neck of the Woods right now doing the Accenture Match Play Golf Championship in Carlsbad, CA), and her Corporate Sponsors Souvenir of Choice is a Logo'd Baseball Cap, so there's never any shortage or lack of Variety, we have Boxes of them here. The biggest problem is usually deciding which one of Hundreds to wear. Just a small sampling below...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 05:10 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigislandboxster
Why would you put a hat on when you're driving a car with the top down? Seems kind of errrrrr.......stupid? If you're worried about the sun, then why put the top down?

Unless you're driving for hours, I don't quite get it
And why do marathoners wear painters hats in the sun? Why do ball players and golfers wear hats? Why do bikers wear doo rags? And who just does short drives?

Riddle me this.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:18 PM   #25

MN Boxster:

You have some way-cool hats in that mix ! You/you're wife should consider ebaying some of those, a few are unique enough to get the bidding going.

Let me know if and when you do.

06 987S- Sold
Carrara White / Black / Black/Stone Grey Two-tone

05 987 5-speed - Sold
Midnight Blue Metallic / Metropol Blue / Sand Beige

06 MB SLK350- Lease escapee
Iridium Silver Metallic / Black

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. - Robert Wilensky
SD987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 08:29 AM   #26

I usually go for a green ball cap with yellow lettering, to compliment the yellow car. The one I like best says "John Deere" on it.
I didn't know the man, but I like his hat.
Ronzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 09:35 AM   #27

Hi,

I visited my Wife at the Presidents Cup last year which was held in Manassas, VA. While there, I was introduced to, and spent some time with Charlie Deane, Chief of Police for Prince William County. He gave me this hat which I wear quite a bit.

In the Boxster, it really discourages Street Racers (even though this is Mpls.), and people yield right-of-way to me more often when I'm wearing the Hat, than when not.

BTW, the Prince William County's most recent notable arrests included the DC Area Sniper and Larana Bobbit...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 09:42 AM   #28

But what is so important about driving faster than anyone else?
Lots of people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well.
When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.
Porschekid is offline   Reply With Quote