Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2009, 10:49 AM   #1

Cool CEL code's NEED HELP!!!

Okay here is the deal, I have a 03 boxster with 44k miles. I had a complete tune up last week but the check engine light is still on with 3 misfires. We agreed to look into this next week as I had a short trip this weekend and needed the car. After the trip my check engine light is still on and when I come to a complete stop it starts blinking, then I go and the light goes off until I come to a complete stop again. I went to Autozone to check the CEL's and here's the reading.
misfires

112 Intake tem. IAT sensor 1 circuit low
102 Mass or volume air flow sensor circuit low input
1341 Camshaft position sen. a no signal over 600
327 Knock sensor 1 cir. low input bank
1325 Igniter cir. malf. no. 6

Is this car even worth keeping?

PhxBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:27 PM   #2

with multiple misfires I wouldn't be driving the car. it looks like you're misfiring on 4,5,and 6, which are all on the same bank, iirc, though I'm not sure. it could be as simple as the electrical connectors on the coil packs are not connected properly, at least for the misfires (not sure about the other codes). who did the tuneup? are they familiar with porsches? what all was done in the tuneup? I don't see how telling you to continue driving the car with multiple misfires is a good idea.

I'm sure someone with some more info will chime in...

-jimmy
jjanari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:47 PM   #3
Track rat

Garage
Wow! Those codes are all over the place. Your DME is going berzerk. Did you recently get a bunch of water in the cabin and under the seat? May have a dead/dying DME. This is not a DIY repair but best handled by someone with lots of experience with your specific model car and a PST2. If it were my car I would have it flatbedded to a top 986 indy shop with experience and resources. Ask you local PCA chapter for referrals.

Last edited by Topless; 06-08-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Topless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:54 PM   #4

Codes and misfire

Well, the answer is look at the most recent work done on the car.
I am in Phoenix also and could listen to your car if you like --- or refer you to an excellent Porsche Indy shop to diagnose the problem - depending you location in the Valley.

I agree with Jimmy about the plug connectors being loose - that is a good starting point.

Keep the car? Of course!! this is probably a minor fix --- BUT, also agree NOT good to drive the Boxster until the CEL is resolved.

Send an Email if you would like my help -- I'm retired and have some experience with these cars -- also have a Durametric analyzer.

Take care,
Ed
AKA Roy Turner, Arizona-Ed, Sboxin etc...
Sboxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:45 PM   #5

Well I have been driving it without any problems. Tomorrow I am taking it in and they suggested a leak down test and possible disassembly
PhxBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:34 AM   #6

Whoa!! Leak down and disassembly to check for misfire codes ?

I'll call you this AM early.

Yes, I know Becks - right behind my house.

Roy

Sboxin is offline   Reply With Quote