Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 06:07 PM   #1

Stebro cat delete pipes installed

After visiting the DeMan Motorsport facility, wife and I drove up to Callicoon NY where my good friend Eric Andkjar, whose "great pumpkin" orange race car is featured on the Lindsay Racing ad in Excellence, put the Boxcar on his lift and changed out the secondary cats for the Stebro pipes that I purchased from Chaudanova on this site. Saves at least 12 lbs and really does add to the sound but does not have the drone so dreaded by most of us. Car does seem to respond a bit quicker. Combining the de snork with these pipes gives me a sound I can live with and doesn't break the bank (what is left of it!). Supposed to gain 8 hp but I haven't been on a dyno so I cannot confirm.

Eric drove the car and really showed me what it could do. I was holding on real tight as he drove around a twisty road near where he lives. He is an excellent driver who has a lot of track time and has just built a dedicated 944T track car. He started with a 912 that he totally rebuilt with a 911 engine and really cooks around the track. He loved the Boxster handling and said he wasn't even near what he perceived as the limit. This backs up the point that the best upgrade for performance you can do is learn how to drive the car by attending some DE events where you will gain confidence and realize the limits of you and your car.

AKL

Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:27 PM   #2

Hey Allen, glad to hear they worked out well for you and that you are enjoying them!

Can you perhaps record any sound clips or a video?

Some stuff for sale: M030 S 24mm front sway bar, M030 base 19.6mm rear sway bar, 996 GT3 OEM Porsche Motorsport front strut mounts monoball "camber plates"

WTB: looking for some 5-7mm spacers with extended bolts
chaudanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:24 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudanova
Hey Allen, glad to hear they worked out well for you and that you are enjoying them!

Can you perhaps record any sound clips or a video?
Haven't the capability to do either. I will say that there is a rasping sound on start up that mellows out as the engine warms up. Not too loud but between the de-snork and the Stebro pipes, I am satisfied with the sound that sounds a bit more like a performance engine. Installation was very easy but I highly recommend finding a lift. You can do it on your back in the garage if the end is jacked up high enough but it will still not be as easy if the car is on a lift.

AKL

Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote