Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 06:37 AM   #21

Oil Prices plunge again.

Man, this must be pissing OPEC and the Russians off. Not to mention Chavez.

Jan. 20 (Bloomberg) -- Crude oil fell below $33 a barrel in New York as the strengthening dollar reduced the appeal of commodity investments at a time when demand is declining and stockpiles are rising.

At Cushing, Oklahoma, where the benchmark oil for New York futures is stored, inventories have climbed to 33 million barrels, the highest since records started four years ago. The February contract will cease trading today, so traders have to sell futures or accept the barrels at a time of falling demand.

“Traders are rolling over to the next month to avoid delivery and the dollar is rallying,” said Andrey Kryuchenkov, an analyst with VTB Capital in London. “All this against a background of falling demand and easing geopolitical tensions.”

Old 01-21-2009, 07:11 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer311
Barack Obama is a really really smart guy,
So tell me, if he's so smart, why is he a smoker? Everyone knows smoking is bad for you right?

Old 01-21-2009, 11:09 AM   #23

I like how Obama is the devil and the past doesn't matter anymore because it's in the past, that's very convenient. The president can't do everything they say they're gonna do and likewise they can't be blamed for everything, I'm talking about Barack and George, anyways it's interesting to see how much some people genuinely hate and despise someone that's only been in office a couple days and let alone someone they only know through the biased media they watch/read. I can't wait for someone to blame our failing economy on one man, regardless of who it is, it only flaunts ignorance.

Last edited by Nineteen89; 01-21-2009 at 11:13 AM.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:44 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineteen89
I like how Obama is the devil and the past doesn't matter anymore because it's in the past, that's very convenient. The president can't do everything they say they're gonna do and likewise they can't be blamed for everything, I'm talking about Barack and George, anyways it's interesting to see how much some people genuinely hate and despise someone that's only been in office a couple days and let alone someone they only know through the biased media they watch/read. I can't wait for someone to blame our failing economy on one man, regardless of who it is, it only flaunts ignorance.

I for one, did not say nor even imply that BO is the "devil" nor that I hated or despised him. He seems like a likeable enough guy. No one here has blamed our economy on one man. In fact, I would assert the beginnings of this economic malaise have been coming for many a year and there are tons of politicians to blame. Fact is, many people still believed that Bill Clinton balanced the Federal budget. Candidly, that did not happen although most "experts" assert that it did.

Having said that, I am still concerned (rightly so) that BO's inclinations are to spend money he does not have in hopes that things will turn out OK. He has also strongly implied that those of us who have been paying into SS for our entire lives are going to have to "sacrifice" a bit.

Ah, why? Can I have my money back with interest? If so, send me a check.

Perhaps a bit of government discipline is in order, finally?

Old 01-21-2009, 12:54 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
Perhaps a bit of government discipline is in order, finally?
Yes! But obama's legislative record both on Capitol Hill and the IL Statehouse indicate that he's not the man to do it. His history is one of a typical Tax & Spend pro-Big government democrat.

Those are the facts. Can he change? Maybe, but that's who he is at this point so my hopes are not high.
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
Old 01-21-2009, 01:05 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil bastard
Yes! But obama's legislative record both on Capitol Hill and the IL Statehouse indicate that he's not the man to do it. His history is one of a typical Tax & Spend pro-Big government democrat.

Those are the facts. Can he change? Maybe, but that's who he is at this point so my hopes are not high.

Even if BO has a change of heart, there are those Dem clods like Pelois, Feinstein, Boxer, Reid, Frank, Dodd, well, I could go on and on.

God, I long for the days of the amateur and part time politician. These lifetime pros are in a world all by themselves.

The inauguration cost $130M. Does ANYONE down there get it?

Old 01-21-2009, 01:05 PM   #27

$1 a gallon? it's now or never. By this summer the credit markets should be capitalized at significantly higher levels than they are now. That means more play money for the institutional traders who rang up the price to historic levels in the first place. Given the losses they have sustained in 2008, they've got some money to make pronto. At $30 a buckett there's lots of leg stretching room, wouldn't surprise me to see a 100% increase in less than 10 months. These depressed prices can not be sustained forever, even with low demmand. All good things must come to an end.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Old 01-21-2009, 01:07 PM   #28

I think that BO is sending us all free gas cards soon. At least, I think he is.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:25 PM   #29

Freebies (tax breaks for Exxon) was the last President...

Quote:
I think that BO is sending us all free gas cards soon. At least, I think he is.

BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Old 01-21-2009, 02:11 PM   #30

Fascinating info

Who is surprised by the following?

Old 01-21-2009, 02:35 PM   #31
EE3racing

Axis labels would help in the deciphering chores but I'm guessing your trying to show excess spending by Democrats. It's a laugh given the last 8 years and the results. It's even more comical that you clearly fall in the 20% that adore the biggest **************************** to ever walk erect. In my life Repubs have given me two crooked leaders Nixon & Bush, here's hoping the party of lunatic Christians is on the sidelines for a good long time.

Last edited by EE3racing; 01-21-2009 at 02:38 PM.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:49 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by EE3racing
Axis labels would help in the deciphering chores but I'm guessing your trying to show excess spending by Democrats. It's a laugh given the last 8 years and the results. It's even more comical that you clearly fall in the 20% that adore the biggest **************************** to ever walk erect. In my life Repubs have given me two crooked leaders Nixon & Bush, here's hoping the party of lunatic Christians is on the sidelines for a good long time.

I wasn't trying to communicate anything other than I found the data interesting and surprising.

Now, given the language and attitude that you exhibit, I am going to use my perogative to ban you from this forum.

Good bye and god bless.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:10 PM   #33

Quote:
Who is surprised by the following?

Sorry the headings got cut off on this graph. These are Gallop poll approval ratings of the Presidents of the US from GWB back to Eisenhower.

I was surprised by some of the data.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:34 PM   #34

About ee3racing

While I do not condone the language or tone of ee3racing's post, I think banning him from the forum was inappropriate. The entire thread should have been banned. This forum is supposed to be about Boxsters. We need to keep it that way. If people start talking politics, they get hot at each other. This is natural and to be expected and as I read through it from the beginning, I wasn't really surprised that somebody started getting offensive. I think the entire topic should be deleted and ee3racing should be "unbanned" with a warning to watch his language in the future.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:48 PM   #35

Garage
You know, I can take an a-hole being thrown around a time or two but when someone drops a comment like "here's hoping the party of lunatic Christians is on the sidelines for a good long time." that's going over the line. What does that make other party then?
Old 01-21-2009, 04:16 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsimion
While I do not condone the language or tone of ee3racing's post, I think banning him from the forum was inappropriate. The entire thread should have been banned. This forum is supposed to be about Boxsters. We need to keep it that way. If people start talking politics, they get hot at each other. This is natural and to be expected and as I read through it from the beginning, I wasn't really surprised that somebody started getting offensive. I think the entire topic should be deleted and ee3racing should be "unbanned" with a warning to watch his language in the future.

There is really no need to inflame the rhetoric and I was doing my best to have fun, make points, and keep away from trouble. I will own that failure.

However, there have been several private messages that I have received and one post I deleted that were not very nice, shall we say.

Nuff said. Lets move on.

Old 01-21-2009, 05:03 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump
Like it or not, Obama is our President now. How about we give it a couple of years and then talk about the results of (or lack of) what he did instead of trying to talk about what you think (or what you want to think) he is going to do. The latter is purely a waste of time.
well said...

Last edited by Fletch986; 01-21-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:06 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxonalden
You know, I can take an a-hole being thrown around a time or two but when someone drops a comment like "here's hoping the party of lunatic Christians is on the sidelines for a good long time." that's going over the line. What does that make other party then?

Non-lunatic Christians?
Old 01-21-2009, 05:42 PM   #39

Bruce Lee having a bit of fun??

One might point out that you were the driver on this thread.......with like half of the first 30 posts on this topic. Maybee you thought you were keeping it light and fun...but others obviously didn't. The best point, lets move on and get back to Boxsters.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:55 PM   #40

This thread wasn't started in the best of lights, I don't agree with the banning either. I do understand where you stand Brucelee as far as SS and I'm with you on that, however I find it difficult to understand how anyone can bash the person that's supposed make America better when they've only been in office one day and don't know them personally enough to make the accusations they make, I'm of course talking about a variety of different people, here and in real life. Bush ran the country to what he felt was best for it, while I don't agree with everything or most of what he did I respect the reason why he did it, much like I will respect what Obama does, because he too will do what HE thinks is best for his and our country and anyone that's sensible enough should respect it aswell, whether they agree or not it has to be understood that not everyone thinks the same...

Bottom line as I see it is, just give the guy the bennefit of doubt, there's always going to be the radical ignorance present in those that just won't keep an open mind or care enough to know both sides, the ones that think there's going to be a magical savior that's going to think identically to them, no matter what party, and I trust no one here is that way... Anyways, talking politics gets no where, we might as well talk about abortion or religion because well be in the same predicament. Opinions cannot be supported by facts, because they no longer can be called opinions...

If anything, this thread should be locked and forgotten forever before it really gets out of hand...

PS.. I agree with SparkyCrash...

Last edited by Nineteen89; 01-21-2009 at 05:59 PM.
Closed Thread