Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 01:00 PM   #1

Best dealership in the South bay area?

Bay area owners, when its that time of the year to take your car in for its routine tune up, where do you take it ?

I bought my CPO car about a year ago and now the maintenance is due. Actually, its early, 2K miles early, but I'm seeing some oil leaks and smelling burning smell, so I figure I better take her in.

Independent shop, I would trust Marvin with the Rennshop however, since its CPO, I figure the smarter bet would be to take it to the dealership. Any problems and its less hassle to pinpoint WHO messed what up ?

Anyways, yelp reviews seems to favor Carlson & Stevens Creek over Fremont. What do you guys think ?

nefarious986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:34 PM   #2

I like the guys at Carlson. I've only been there for minor things, but they were very helpful.
roadracer311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:30 AM   #3

I got a friend who is a mechanic at sonnen in mill valley and they are really nice there. carlsen is also really good. Stevens Creek dealers are always shady.

Gemballa front bumper/Aerokit I Sideskirts/H&R suspension/997 short shift/Schnell front&rear strut brace/Aluminum pedals and floor board//Traffic pro/Console Delete//LED exterior lighting//Exclusive Options Full Leather/19inch Ruf Wheels/European rear bumper with 550 mesh/Zientec spoiler/IPD Plenum//Cold Air Intake/Hardtop/Speedster Humps
Stunin_Stud is offline   Reply With Quote