Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2008, 12:17 PM   #1

Any pics of BLUE (or other dark colors) painted onto interior TRIM or rollbar???

Santa brought me the paintscratch kit I need to paint my bumperettes. Once the temps warm up here a bit - which shoudl be soon here in "cold" Southern CA.... I am going to get them painted.

once I do it - I suspect I may be tempted to use my leftover paint and try to paint something else in theinteior - maybe the center console? maybe the door trim or the center trim?

I've seen a lot of people do that stuff in silver.... and I've seen some people do it in red/yellow and other very bright colors...but i don't know if I've seen many people do the blues... I have an Ocean Blue Metallic - and I don't know if it would look "good" to highlight some of my interior trim to match the exterior... or not.

I want to paint the bumperettes. no question that would look good. but the inteior trim - having an all black interior - part of me wants to leave it all black - but i do like some of the pics of the painted roll bars and painted interior. not the ones where it's overdone and it's painted up the wazoo... but some key pieces here and there - like just the center console... maybe bits / pieces of the door pulls or door pocket lids..

i'd even be tempted to the back of the rollbar. i saw a thread here where a member did the back of his bar in silver (i believe it was a dark blue car) and that looked pretty good.... so part of me wonders if I *did* paint any trim, if it might look good to do it in silver - it woould somewhat go wtih teh existing silver on my shifter and door pulls.... but matching teh blue to the outside could look good too.

i'd neeed to see pics of it all and make up my own mind. anyone here have any good shots of interior and/or rollbars that have been painted either silver or in blue or other dark colors??

thanks!!

23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 05:48 PM   #2

I have midnight blue metallic and a color matched center console. I have some pics on my machine at work. PM me your email address and I'll send them to you tomorrow.
dmcutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:17 PM   #3

Photos of Painted Trim Pieces

Take a look at post #9 in the following thread for a good photo of exactly what you are talking about for the silver trim and back of roll bars:

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=15844&hl=interior&st=0

The entire thread has lots of information on how to remove the specific trim pieces without damaging them, and, starting at post #32 you can see the individual pieces painted in silver.

Also, take a look at the following thread for the Ocean Blue Metallic finish on the car and on the center console and trim parts:

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=13751&hl=interior

Regards, Maurice.
schoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:50 PM   #4

Its not a dark color, and, the car came to me like this but anyway, here's what mine looks like:

past: 2010 Boxster S
turbo23dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:00 PM   #5

thanks. yeah, it's not blue..but it gives me more ideas.

i do want to do the center console...but aside from that, I don't know what other parts. there is a fine line between a tastefully painted interior and one that is overdone... i don't want to cross teh line.

so for starters i'll just do the center console...and with more pics...mayhbe i'll venture further...

23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote