View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 12:17 PM   #1
23109VC

Any pics of BLUE (or other dark colors) painted onto interior TRIM or rollbar???

Santa brought me the paintscratch kit I need to paint my bumperettes. Once the temps warm up here a bit - which shoudl be soon here in "cold" Southern CA.... I am going to get them painted.

once I do it - I suspect I may be tempted to use my leftover paint and try to paint something else in theinteior - maybe the center console? maybe the door trim or the center trim?

I've seen a lot of people do that stuff in silver.... and I've seen some people do it in red/yellow and other very bright colors...but i don't know if I've seen many people do the blues... I have an Ocean Blue Metallic - and I don't know if it would look "good" to highlight some of my interior trim to match the exterior... or not.

I want to paint the bumperettes. no question that would look good. but the inteior trim - having an all black interior - part of me wants to leave it all black - but i do like some of the pics of the painted roll bars and painted interior. not the ones where it's overdone and it's painted up the wazoo... but some key pieces here and there - like just the center console... maybe bits / pieces of the door pulls or door pocket lids..

i'd even be tempted to the back of the rollbar. i saw a thread here where a member did the back of his bar in silver (i believe it was a dark blue car) and that looked pretty good.... so part of me wonders if I *did* paint any trim, if it might look good to do it in silver - it woould somewhat go wtih teh existing silver on my shifter and door pulls.... but matching teh blue to the outside could look good too.

i'd neeed to see pics of it all and make up my own mind. anyone here have any good shots of interior and/or rollbars that have been painted either silver or in blue or other dark colors??

thanks!!
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote