Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2008, 04:45 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpedoZone
Hi...

I was looking at a new 08 Boxster S today. I have never seen a dealership so dead, yet so stuffed with inventory.

The MSRP is $63,245, without negotiations, they game me a written quote of $58,495 ($4,750 or 7.5% off), although they suggested that they would entertain a reasonable offer. I dint make a counter offer, I just left.

I'm sure there is room to go much lower, as it is last years model, substantial improvements to the 09 (DFI, iPod compatible, etc.), bad economy, December, etc.

What should be my next move?

Thanks

Joe
I say MSRP times 0.82. Yes that would be 18% off. PFAFF Porsche in Toronto has that kind of deal on leftover Boxster S and non-S. I wouldn't buy anything a less than 15% off.

JBIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 07:20 AM   #22
FTD

I'm all for buying used and still under warranty. Six months, one or two years, ... plus all the other excellent advice posted here. You will be 30% ahead plus your additional negotiations.
FTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:47 PM   #23

FTD...good point.

A 1-2 year old CPO car with low miles makes a LOT of sense when you look at the lower cost and warranty.

Joe
TorpedoZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 08:48 PM   #24

I've been watching this thread with some trepidation.

My '99 is 'showroom new' w/ only 20k on the clock (actually 19,657 one-owner miles), and totally trouble-free.

In fact, on a drive this fall, I had a couple approach me in the parking lot and ask how many months I had owned it. When I said: "it's 10 yrs. old", they reeled and said that it looked brand new, that they couldn't believe it - I had to show them the door pillar sticker to prove the mfg. date.

Publishing all these bad thoughts about the early models, which to me has been a wonderful car, can only lead to more depressed prices when I decide to sell, which will probably be this spring... Thanks alot you guys!

I won't be upgrading to a newer Box either... been there, done that. The improvements are, to me, marginal at best and go hand-in-hand with substantial increases in MSRP.

I'll likely go for something else... I mean life's too short to stick with one model or one marque.

Now, if only Aston prices would only reflect the current downturn in the market... I would be sooo there...
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!

Last edited by Lil bastard; 12-19-2008 at 08:52 PM.
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 05:28 AM   #25

Here's a link to Porsche's website to view dealers inventories of new, used, and CPO cars. It takes a few repetitive clicks to go from dealer to dealer, but think of it as a treasure hunt. :dance:

http://www.porschedealer.com/dealer/usLocator/search.php

BTW...
I was invited to play in the SAS Championship's Pro-Am a couple of month's ago, so I got to enjoy Prestonwood CC. Very challenging. Played one round with Hale Irwin.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 05:37 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil bastard
Now, if only Aston prices would only reflect the current downturn in the market... I would be sooo there...
My friend got a 1 year old V8 Vantage and he paid 50% off the original price.
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:33 AM   #27

Husker...Prestonwood is the club in Cary I was talking about. I live within walking distance from there. 3 courses to keep you from getting bored. Glad you had a good time at the Pro-am!

I wish the Porsche site would let you search the new ones like it lets you search the CPO cars.

Those Aston's are pretty sweet, too bad they aren't just a little cheaper.

Joe
TorpedoZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:24 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpedoZone
I wish the Porsche site would let you search the new ones like it lets you search the CPO cars.
It will let you search for new cars too. Click on New Vehicles / Boxster.

2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)

Last edited by husker boxster; 12-20-2008 at 10:27 AM.
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote