Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2008, 04:17 PM   #1

paid off my loan yesterday

ahhh! gotta tell you all that I'm so glad! I paid off my Porsche Boxster loan yesterday! Now I can continue to drive the car, knowing it's all mine and I can't wait for the pink slip to arrive! Granted, I bought the car used in 2004 and I paid it off 11 months ahead of schedule, but it's so nice to be able to drive the car knowing that there aren't any more payments! And I plan to keep it! So, to treat myself, and the car, I got it detailed today. I opted for the "clay wax" plus everything else (which included full leather and upholstery conditioning...for only $50! Times are tough for some here in Cali, and I feel the pain (who knows what classroom situation I'll be in next year, but that's another story).
BTW, anyone know about using clay on the car's paint job? I've done it a few times before, every few months, and it is fantastic! You just run your fingers across the paint, at any point, and it so smooth, no oxidation residue, nothing!
So anyway, I just wanted to share...I'm happy, the car's happy and life is good!

teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:47 PM   #2

Congratulations man! enjoy your Porsche! how did you pay it off ahead of schedule? Did you just sent in more than what the payment was every month?
Nineteen89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 08:03 PM   #3

Congratulations! Knowing the car is YOURS is a great feeling.
Fletch986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:28 AM   #4
FTD

Congratulations! And I sure would like to get a detail like that for only $50. Very nice!
FTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:38 AM   #5
bmussatti

Congrats! Good work. It is even more of a "status symbol" to be debt free, than it is to own a sportscar.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
Congrats! Good work. It is even more of a "status symbol" to be debt free, than it is to own a sportscar.

Agreed!!! Doesn't look as cool though lol. You sound like a Dave Ramsey fan bmussatti, me too. To Teacher Congrats!!!! The more debt free someone is the better they feel.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 02:06 PM   #7

Great job. Nice to own it free and clear no?

:dance:

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:58 PM   #8

Dave Ramsey fan here!

Congrats teacher... Good job! And I mean that sincerely. I recently paid mine off as well (ahead of the Dec. 09 schedule) and it really is a great feeling. I send you a high five!

Unfortunately, in my case, it accelerates the desire to get another car (Can you say Carrera 4S?).

Getting the title the mail is truly and officially the certificate of freedom.
2000 Porsche Boxster | SOLD | http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9114

http://www.kryzak.com/storage/986sig12.jpg

http://kryzak.tumblr.com
Jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:12 AM   #9

Congrats, except I am confused. So it was not your car when you had a loan on it? "Now I can continue to drive the car, knowing it's all mine"

Even with a lein on the car, you could still install a car stereo, install rims, or even sell the car if you wanted to. I do not see how your control of the vehicle increased simply by paying off the loan, especially 11 months early. The interest that is being charged on your loan is not necessarily bad if you have the payoff amount sitting safely in a savings account earning the same amount. That being said, if your loan was for 8+%, I will proceed to stop talking, and tell you CONGRATS!!

2013 Lexus IS350awd
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2004 Porsche Boxster S
tnoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:39 AM   #10

Another teacher with a porsche!!!
jopo43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 04:29 PM   #11

payments

the scheduled payments were about $425 a month, but I paid $600 a month. And now the car is still worth $17k at least, so I'm happy
Old 12-13-2008, 04:32 PM   #12

not only that, bmussati

Porsches are classics, the way I see it..sure the dealership gives me enticing offers, but no, I'm happy with what I have. Not to mention I always maintained it and I know the money I put into my car, including the new top with glass...thanks all!
Old 12-13-2008, 04:38 PM   #13

tnoice

I got my loan in the good old days...5.9% financing, and my down payment was $14000 interest free forever, from Citibank...so really I do owe $5,000 to them now, but it's not costing me anything so, life is good, they'll get their money when I'm good and ready! lol and they do, credit rating is everything today.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:08 AM   #14

Hold on... I'm confused. Its a Porsche, so you really never finish paying for it. Tires, belts, oil, fuel, upgrades, fuel, stereo, fuel, rims, fuel, more tires, fuel.

But I will say its nice to have the title at home.

Congrats... and drive it like you don't own it!
Old 12-14-2008, 06:15 AM   #15

Perhaps you can lend this guy some cash

Dec. 14 (Bloomberg) -- Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, Citigroup Inc.’s largest individual investor, lost 19 percent of his personal wealth in the past year as the global economic slump reduced the value of banking and property assets, according to Arabian Business.

The Saudi billionaire was ranked the wealthiest Arab with assets worth $17.08 billion as of Dec. 2, the 2008 Rich List, published on the Dubai-based magazine’s Web site today said. That compares with $21 billion a year ago, the magazine reported, citing Alwaleed’s private financial accounts.

“Everyone has been guessing for 20 years” about the assets, Alwaleed was quoted by Arabian Business as saying. “I want you to get it right -- to get it absolutely right.”

Financial firms worldwide have taken $980 billion of writedowns, losses and credit provisions since the start of the current turmoil in the financial markets, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. More than 200,000 jobs have been cut across the industry and the U.S. benchmark Standard & Poor’s 500 Index has dropped 40 percent this year.

Making Money

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 05:27 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
Dec. 14 (Bloomberg) -- Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, Citigroup Inc.’s largest individual investor, lost 19 percent of his personal wealth in the past year

In the immortal words of John McClane - "Welcome to the party, pal!"

Don't think I'll be shedding any tears for the old Prince. It's interesting, it seems this economic downturn is really hurting the Arab economy too. Past recessions were partially their doing as they cut oil production, increased prices, and made boat-loads of $$$ at everyone else's expense. Maybe in an effort to diversify their economies they've become what they outwardly loathe - Capitalists. Hopefully they'll realize the importance a strong US economy plays in the world economy and think twice about hatching some death-blow move on us.

I guess it's good to know the really rich are worth 3/4 of what they used to be, just like us common folk. I'm glad I was able to pay off my mortgage last summer and all I have to do is pay the taxes on my house and make Boxster payments for 36 more months.

2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote