Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 11:37 AM   #21

Garage
Brucelee,

For the second time today I'm asking that you shut down this post. Nineteen89, according to his profile, is a 19 year old kid using your site to solicit money to purchase a car. This has the smell of a scam written all over it, there's no proof of who this is or where their from (I love the "United States" for your location). He joined three months ago and has only three posts and now he has the balls to ask for money! Do the right thing and don't fall for this fabrication. On the slim chance this is legit, learn not to ask for hand outs when wanting to purchase a Porsche.

Do not send money to this guy, better yet flush it down the toilet because it will have the same effect.

Last edited by Jaxonalden; 11-29-2008 at 11:42 AM.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:01 PM   #22

The only thing I'm soliciting on here is opinions & advice, I didn't think people would be so offended as to make me out to be a scam artist or something, I felt Randall was a respected member and only wished to have opinions on what you would think of someone following in his footsteps... that is all. As far as my post count coinciding with my authenticity, which I see no relevance, that's because I do a lot of reading on here, even before I decided to register, with no real participation becuase I don't have one (a Porsche). Your assumption that I don't already have a job and am just asking for a free meal, or that I'm some sort of malevolent entity, well that's just false. And your opinion, albeit negative, is still helpful so thanks anyways.

Furthermore, I would like to personally ask for this thread to be closed if the accusations & negativity continue, I don't want to be the reason for any kind of drama on here, and I would much rather go back into my 'read only' routine. After all we're supposed to derive enjoyment out of reading up on Porsche related conversations, whether we have one or not...

Last edited by Nineteen89; 11-29-2008 at 12:10 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 04:39 PM   #23
FTD

Nineteen89, don't worry about it. Most people took your inquiry at face value and we enjoyed feeling older and wiser and opinionating on you and your life. Thanks for the opportunity! Others had fun being indignant and some were offended. Its what happens in a crowd. Don't worry about it.

I'm actually concerned about my job in this economy and the fact that I couldn't sell my house and my Porsche if the situation made that a wise move which totally freaks me out. I never thought plan B would be a big black chasm. So it is very cool to focus on buymeaporsche.com and Iwouldliketolooklike20.org instead!

Again, don't worry about it. "It's not personal..."
Old 11-30-2008, 04:07 AM   #24

I rather give my extra money to charity like cancer research and helping kids in Africa drink clean water.

I do my best to give some money to things like these, but no way in hell am I giving you a dime to buy a luxury item.

If I am to spend money in order to help someone buy a sports car it will be for my kids and not some stranger off the freaking internet.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:05 AM   #25

Overall, I have not been offended by the posts, just intrigued. However, this seems to have run its course.

My advice should not be surprising. If you want something like a Porsche, save your money and buy it with you own money.

You will be a better person for it.

You only look to the US Government to see what happens when you spend other peoples money.

Good luck and Good night!

Closed Thread