Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 10:56 AM   #21

That looks like more of what the original factory hardtop should have looked like, I would be willing to go for this one if it is a cheaper alternative to the Zeintop, but first I have to get a Boxster.

Nineteen89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:38 PM   #22

Anyone know how much the D. Moris top costs or if there is a US distributor for them?
Ken Cowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:20 PM   #23

Anyone know french? I've been taking it for 2 years now but can't really come up with everything 100%, I'd be interested in contacting them and finding out how much it costs, I think I actually like it better than the Zeintop as it does much more to compliment the Boxster's lines and retro roadster look as opposed to turning it into a Cayman-like conversion with the Zeintop (I like it too, though).
Old 12-02-2008, 02:32 PM   #24

I sent D. Moris an email (in English) asking about price and availability in the US but have not heard back yet.

I agree with you, 1989, this is a really nice top. While I love the Zeintop (because I love the Cayman) my issue is that it is trying to make the Boxster look like something it is not. I think the lines of the D. Moris top are about perfect. That English one from Boxster Hardtop also looks really nice but the D. Moris has the edge in my book, mainly due to the quarter windows. And I prefer them both to the factory hardtop (no offense to those of you who have factory tops!).
Old 12-02-2008, 07:41 PM   #25

That's really a good looking top. I like the lines of the car with it on. Way more so than the Zeintop or the stock top. Maybe in a couple of years.....
Mike_Yi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:58 PM   #26

Please let me know what and if you hear anything Ken, and if not I'll try and give it a shot in French lol

I keep looking at the top and I'm really taking a liking to it, the thing I like most about it is that I wouldn't have to be bothered with having to remove the trunk lid, it still has the functionality of a traditional hard-top.

Last edited by Nineteen89; 12-02-2008 at 10:39 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:48 PM   #27

Did anyone ever find out more?
Old 12-11-2008, 06:17 PM   #28

Still nothing. And I really want one. How do I give them my money?
Old 01-04-2009, 05:52 AM   #29

Smile found some more info

so i babelfished a fren boxster site:
http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fboxster.forumpro.fr%2Fboxster-f1%2Fhard-top-t4969.htm%3Fhighlight%3Dhard&lp=fr_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

after the conversion, it looks like 2170 euros is around 3k. not bad for sucha nice top. two guys seem to have it installed on this thread, one is yellow and the other is black.

maybe if we can find someone who can speak fren we can pm one of these guys and get more info
GoddamSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:00 AM   #30

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddamSkippy
so i babelfished a fren boxster site:
http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fboxster.forumpro.fr%2Fboxster-f1%2Fhard-top-t4969.htm%3Fhighlight%3Dhard&lp=fr_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

after the conversion, it looks like 2170 euros is around 3k. not bad for sucha nice top. two guys seem to have it installed on this thread, one is yellow and the other is black.

maybe if we can find someone who can speak fren we can pm one of these guys and get more info
Are you talking about someone that can speak French, PM the two guys on this forum who have the top, to ask them questions? The obvious answer is why? If they’re on this site they better understand English.

English in Europe is taught as a secondary language and if D. Moris is a company that expects to ship their products worldwide then I'm sure they speak English. I've sent them an e-mail asking for a few answers;

"There are many of us in America that would like information about your Boxster Hardtop to include accessories, cost, color combinations (paint & headliner), American & Canadian distributors. Do you communicate in English or do I have to communicate in French?"

I'll post the answer when and if I get one.

Last edited by Jaxonalden; 01-04-2009 at 04:41 PM.
Jaxonalden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:03 PM   #31

You're right, if they want to be a reputable company, they should communicate in all major languages, and if they don't respond to product inquiries I'm not so sure I'd want to venture into a purchase knowing their customer service is less than top-notch.

I'm still interested in this top more so over the Zeintop because I feel it compliments the Boxster's lines so much more than the factory hard-top, without transforming the car into a pseudo-cayman look a like, (Zeintop) Although it's still nice--and they are more competitive with their prices so who knows when the time comes.

I've attached some pictures of someone else who has had theirs installed and painted yellow, (from the link) they had the column in between windows painted yellow but I think it looks better left alone, or dark like the windows

Last edited by Nineteen89; 01-04-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:56 AM   #32

This looks like a great compromise between the Z-top, and the OEM top, which has the lines of Dr. Phil's head... The c-pillar agrees with the a-pillar, the fit looks to be very good, and no need to remove the soft top & clamshell (?). And seems like it's priced about a third less than the Z-top.

If we had more severe winters here in Tucson, the Z-top would be my choice; as I like the styling best, overall. But this version certainly preserves / enhances the 986/7 styling, though the Cayman ain't all that hard to look at, either...

I'll be watching the site for more info, as they seem to be under construction, today. Wonder how long it will take for one of these to show up on ebay; as I've seen two Z-tops for sale lately....
superglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:08 PM   #33

Here's another picture of it, although it looks really distorted cause of the two-page spread format.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:02 PM   #34

Hardtop Personal Preferences

I happen to like the OEM style and the Zeintop, but not this one . . . but the shape is just a matter of personal taste. For those like me who like the OEM style, has anyone tried the OEM-imitation fiberglass hardtop from GT Motor Sports (http://www.gtmotorsport.net/index.php?menu=Boxster+Series&page=Hardtop)? I like that top, it's presumably lightweight, not subject to dents, and the price is a lot better than the alternatives.
johnsimion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:27 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsimion
I happen to like the OEM style and the Zeintop, but not this one . . . but the shape is just a matter of personal taste. For those like me who like the OEM style, has anyone tried the OEM-imitation fiberglass hardtop from GT Motor Sports (http://www.gtmotorsport.net/index.php?menu=Boxster+Series&page=Hardtop)? I like that top, it's presumably lightweight, not subject to dents, and the price is a lot better than the alternatives.

any more pictures of this one?
GoddamSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:57 PM   #36

I don't see the difference between that GT motorsports one and the OEM?
Old 01-12-2009, 05:47 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineteen89
I don't see the difference between that GT motorsports one and the OEM?
Me neither -- it IS just like the OEM, but that's why I like it (I realize others' opinions will differ on this). I'm just wondering what the quality is like. If the quality is equal to the original, that seems like a good alternative due to being lighter and dent-resistant. But I'm reluctant to lay down even $1100 not knowing what I'm getting, and no, I haven't found any other photos, either.
johnsimion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:57 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTD

BTW, I'm a Georgia Peach.
That's what she said! HA!

Seriously now, are you guys still looking for someone to contact the manufacturer?
I happen to be French and will gladly oblige if you are serious about the top.
I think it looks great. +1 on 1989's comments.

BTW. I really enjoyed yall's french!

Mike
Old 01-15-2009, 08:56 AM   #39

I would still like to find out how much it costs, although I'm not as serious as I once was because I think I'm going to buy an M3 instead of the Porsche, unless I can find another one like the blue/tan 2000s that was in perfect, just like new shape, it looked so good it could have come straight from the factory!
Old 01-15-2009, 04:12 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineteen89
I would still like to find out how much it costs, although I'm not as serious as I once was because I think I'm going to buy an M3 instead of the Porsche, unless I can find another one like the blue/tan 2000s that was in perfect, just like new shape, it looked so good it could have come straight from the factory!
I'll give them a call tomorrow to find out.
M3s are nice. I personally am obsessed by Porsches but I just got a 2008 328i for daily driver and it corners flat and feel very luxurious.
I tried the new M3 and I thought it was completely insane of a car. I just can't see it feel adequate enough on track. It was probably me but I was not getting the right response from the engine VS my input on the accelerator.
Anyways... I'll post the response from the french manufacturer ASAP.

Mike