Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 10:42 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedivincent
Folks,

Porsche (thanks to the excellent work by the service crew from Stevens Creek Porsche in San Jose Ca) has stepped up and will cover 50% of the motor.

The boxster should be revived in a few days.
50% of the rediculous 19K quote, or 50% of the 8.6K engine?

Old 10-26-2008, 01:33 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedivincent
Folks,

Porsche (thanks to the excellent work by the service crew from Stevens Creek Porsche in San Jose Ca) has stepped up and will cover 50% of the motor.

The boxster should be revived in a few days.
how is it that your car, which is way outof warranty gets some partial coverage, while other people with a simiarl car/mileage/age get the shaft???

do you have "pull" with the dealer or something?

i also wonder - are they paying 50% of the 19k?
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:41 AM   #23

The PO of my 02 S got Porsche (great dealer in Austin) to replace the engine after inability to get the engine to take multiple IMS leaks and inbalance in the 3.2L --- that was 10k miles ago with no issues. Engine runs like new. Engine had about 40k on it when it the replacement was done. Not sure but I think because it was so religiously serviced and every single thing was done through the dealer, the dealer really went to bat for this owner and got it replaced once and for all. I got copies of all of the maintenance and service records and I must tell you that the PO was extremely detailed and careful about the care of this car.

I guess I got lucky....but Porsche needs to really step up and admit its design and processing failures with these engines....should at least offer the parts and labor at their cost as a minimum to its loyal customers.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:09 AM   #24

Thumbs up Need new motor for my 2002 Boxster S

Yes, Stevens Creek Porsche got 1/2 of the total cost covered by Porsche (great guys there - from the Service Manager to the Mechanic).

I do not know anyone there (with respect to "pull"), but I know the company I work for does give them a lot of business.

mikedivincent is offline   Reply With Quote