Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2008, 09:23 PM   #61

I think it was an idiotic thread. Funny way for a guy to introduce himself to a great board by talking out of both sides of his mouth. I have always appreciated the positive spirit, mature (mostly) humor,and true appreciation of what we have in common (our love of a great car). This started to feel a little like some juvenile ricer pissing contest.

ROW M030 Suspension
Front & Rear Strut Braces
B&M Short Shift & EVO Billet Linkage
Old 08-30-2008, 01:41 AM   #62

Charger SRT8 vs 987S

"As an all-around performer, the 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 is capable of awe-inspiring numbers unheard-of in a muscle sedan: 0-60 mph in around 5 seconds, quarter-mile time in the 13-second range"

So an all-out American muscle car with an 6.1 liter hemi engine goes just as fast - but no faster - than my 2006 987S (for sissy, I guess) with a 3.2 liter engine - half the size.

Boxters can be fast.

Rapid motion through space elates one; so does notoriety; so does the possession of money.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:43 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre shags
"As an all-around performer, the 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 is capable of awe-inspiring numbers unheard-of in a muscle sedan: 0-60 mph in around 5 seconds, quarter-mile time in the 13-second range"

So an all-out American muscle car with an 6.1 liter hemi engine goes just as fast - but no faster - than my 2006 987S (for sissy, I guess) with a 3.2 liter engine - half the size.

Boxters can be fast.

Honestly some people are going to hold a poor opinion of the boxster no matter how good or quick it is simply because it's not a 911. You could have an 11 sec boxster and some people would still call it a chick car. A very fast chick car.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:37 AM   #64

If you accept the Boxster for what it is and is not, it is a wonderful and gratifying experience to drive and own.

Now, if you define yourself by this car, or any other, you will always find something to find fault with.

There is no time for this nonsense, life is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to short for arguing about the innane.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:10 AM   #65

1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
Old 08-30-2008, 08:08 AM   #66

Like many I'm just a motorhead and like just about anything with a motor. I like all sorts of machinery especially motorcycles. Cars and bikes are like women. They're all different and beautiful in their own way. A way that performance and body stats can't capture.

For a daily driver, I like a top down ride cuz otherwise eventually everything feels like a Honda to me in the rush hour jam and town traffic. In bikes I like my harleys for a lot of reasons.

But I'll still admire other machines. Like the ZR1, GTR or Ducatti's. And the Accord. LOL
Old 08-30-2008, 09:15 AM   #67

Garage
LB,

You've got the greatest avatars!! LMAO!!
Old 08-30-2008, 09:41 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre shags

Boxters can be fast.
I really havent found a Boxster yet that can beat a MazdaSpeed 6 in a quarter mile. Mazdaspeed 6 will take stock SRT8 most of the time too. I never found the SRT8 to be all that fast because it weighs what? 4200 lbs???? Damn I have driven trucks that weigh less than that. Stockish MS6 can beat most Vettes and Mustang Shelby GT500's off the line due to awesome torque low 1st gear and AWD draction. So lets say I'm lined up at a light to get onto an empty freeway and I pull up next to a 987 Porsche in panties. I dont even have to try to leave cute little boxster behind. Just a couple quick accelerations from 2500 to 5500 RPM and Boxster would be spanked. But why worry just put the top down and enjoy that fine German engineering also the knowledge that I could whip butt if I just had a twisty track in front of me does make me feel better. However seems sort of silly to me that a $25K car could spank a $50K sports car so badly, but guess thats not what sports cars are about. Us Boxster drivers share a lot in common with Miata drivers. Its not the speed its the motion. ...somthing like that.

More Mazdaspeed 6 mayhem for you doubters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XL6eJ_Kh34&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S7mHImu24o&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOUU1Plrsp4&feature=related

Last edited by grantsfo; 08-30-2008 at 10:16 AM.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:58 AM   #69

And here's the video that we all just hope disapears. Never thought I'd see the day when a Hyundai out runs a Porsche.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHcBJe13rb8

Last edited by grantsfo; 08-30-2008 at 10:22 AM.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:59 AM   #70
Track rat

Garage
** Troll Alert**
**Woot Woot**
** Troll Alert**

:troll:
Please don't feed the troll.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:34 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless
** Troll Alert**
**Woot Woot**
** Troll Alert**

:troll:
Please don't feed the troll.
LOL....yeah no ********************. But I have to say it's funny he says he owns a boxster yet bashes it?? That's a new one for me. He could've taken the dough he spent on that boxster and made that MS6 so mad/tight it would've been a Skyline GTR killer or something like that Or....maybe he doesn't really own a boxster. I bet it's his dads or something
Old 08-30-2008, 10:53 AM   #72

Bashing the Boxster? I think its as fun as my MS6 in many ways and the top comes down. You havent even got me started on my 350Z Roadster. That car is fun too, makes decent power and the top comes down just like the Boxster. ...and the 350Z is easier to drift!

It would take more than $10K to turn a MS6 into a Skyline GTR killer. And why waste money on the MS6 that already is capable out of the box when I could put it into Boxster that really needs some help? On second thought maybe the MS6 can beat a Skyline GTR out of the box. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RjYY7A4nfY

Old 986 Boxster is good cheap fun! Nice car to run to the grocery store with the top down etc. It reminds me a lot of my wifes old Miata great balance but not much power. Dont worry once I'm finished with the Boxster project while it may look like a Barbie mobile it will be faster than my Mazda. Boxster platform appears to be a sufficient base to build a real performance car. I really want a car that I can take to drifting school eventually.

Last edited by grantsfo; 08-30-2008 at 12:06 PM.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:25 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantsfo
Bashing the Boxster? I think its as fun as my MS6 in many ways and the top comes down. You havent even got me started on my 350Z Roadster. That car is fun too, makes decent power and the top comes down just like the Boxster. ...and the 350Z is easier to drift!

It would take more than $10K to turn a MS6 into a Skyline GTR killer. And why waste money on the MS6 that already is capable out of the box when I could put it into Boxster that really needs some help? On second thought maybe the MS6 can beat a Skyline GTR out of the box. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RjYY7A4nfY

Old 986 Boxster is good cheap fun! Nice car to run to the grocery store with the top down etc. It reminds me a lot of my wifes old Miata great balance but not much power. Dont worry once I'm finished with the Boxster project while it may look like a Barbie mobile it will be faster than my Mazda. Boxster platform appears to be a sufficient base to build a real performance car. I really want a car that I can take to drifting school eventually.
Ok. I am tired of you.

Closed Thread