Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2008, 02:02 PM   #1

Porsche Design Collection, what do you have?

So let's list what you have from the Porsche Design Collection!

I only bought the umbrella... but I want to get the windbreaker although I seriously do not think it's worth the price unless it's on sale.

I want to get the hat as well but don't feel like I should be doing free advertising for Porsche...

ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 04:45 PM   #2

Gifts from girlfriend and relatives. Except the watch, that I picked up for myself. They pop up on e-bay from time to time.

- Black hat with Porsche inside brim. Rarely wear it.
- Coffee mug (white with the crest & a gold lip) ... use it every day.
- Boxster Watch ... wear it often. Funny I guess ... I just like seeing my instrument cluster text every time I check the time!
- Windbreaker (was my old college roommates who worked at a dealership) ... used rarely.

That's my list!
9eighty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 08:58 PM   #3

I've got a couple of hats, but I think I'll stop there.

I'm really bugged out from looking like Joey on that old Episode of Friends (really, the Wife watches it....not me). I think wearing any more than 1 (maybe 2) pieces of Porsche paraphernalia at once is off side.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...yvr/Avatar.jpg
pcar-yvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:23 PM   #4

^Funny that you mentioned that. My Ferrari friend has a few Ferrari jackets but he refuses to buy the Puma Ferrari shoes as he said the same thing.

I forgot to mention that I got the official 2008 Ferrari team racing shirt for free few weeks ago for volunteering at one of their club events... and I don't even have any Porsche apparel...

Last edited by ekam; 08-08-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:03 AM   #5

I have nothing from PD. I resent the 911-centric attitude. Or RS Spyder-ish. And the stiff is expensive, too expensive to buy frivolously.

Did buy a hat and a shirt at the Charlotte Parade to celebrate that event.

I do like the Boxster watch.

Speaking of Ferrari, as ekam did, why is their stuff so much more interesting? And available at sooo many places.
PCA since 1970
70Sixter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 01:20 PM   #6

I scored these kicks off the internets. They're the Gulf colors and I've worn them twice I think.

2000 Porsche Boxster | SOLD | http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9114

http://www.kryzak.com/storage/986sig12.jpg

http://kryzak.tumblr.com
Jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 04:50 PM   #7

Just three hats... the white plain one, the black plain one and the brown with 'PORSCHE' on the front.

I did have the Boxster watch. Won it at Boxstoberfest last year, but sold it on ebay. To bulky for my liking. I really like the 911 Turbo Chronograph.

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:25 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to LoveBunny
Well, it seems like most of their stuff is geared towards guys, so I have none. But then aren't like 95% of Porsche owners men? (Thought I read that somewhere.) So yeah, I guess that makes sense, market it to the guys, but I really don't need a big ball cap, jacket, man shirt, golf stuff, whatever. Now if I could find a little girl shirt I'd buy it, but I don't seem to recall seeing anything like that in the catalog I got recently.
LoveBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 05:34 AM   #9

^WHAT? There's tons of stuff for women!

http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=P&Category_Code=women

I'll buy you a pink shirt but you have to take a picture and post here.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:38 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekam
^WHAT? There's tons of stuff for women!

http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=P&Category_Code=women

I'll buy you a pink shirt but you have to take a picture and post here.

I swear they didn't have any of that stuff in what I got in the mail.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:54 AM   #11

All I have is an original set of pd Carrera sunglasses from the early 80s. They are still the best sunglasses around, but you can no longer get new replacable lenses for them.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:08 AM   #12

Somebody is selling those old sunglasses from new old stock I read. Sposed to be retro cool.
PCA since 1970
70Sixter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:30 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Sixter
Somebody is selling those old sunglasses from new old stock I read. Sposed to be retro cool.
I've been told that is the only way to get lenses.....buy one of those sets. I heard they were going for around 300.00 per set!! I thought mine were rediculous at like 129.00 when they were new! They were just too cool, I had to have them. After living with them for over twenty years, I wish someone would make the new lenses. For those who don't know them, they came with two sets of lenses and you raised the tubular tab over the center bar to release the lenses and install the other set. One set was dark gray, the other set was dark green polarized. The frames came originally in gold or titanium look dark silver. They later came out with black frames, also. Mine are the titanium look dark silver and have gotten even neater looking with years of usage. :dance:

http://www.vintage-sunglasses-shop.com/brand12_designer_Porsche-5621.html

Last edited by Quickurt; 08-12-2008 at 10:40 AM. Reason: better link
Quickurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:34 AM   #14
FTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBunny
Now if I could find a little girl shirt I'd buy it, but I don't seem to recall seeing anything like that in the catalog I got recently.
They have apparel for women [and children]. Not only is the price to quality ratio unattractive, I don't care for the styles either. There is nothing in the women's apparell that is sporty or stylish [last I checked].
I have a blue porsche cap - gift from a friend - and a Porsche Club Racing cap from volunteering at Road Atlanta. I have two Boxster matchbox cars on my desk.
FTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:44 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTD
They have apparel for women [and children]. Not only is the price to quality ratio unattractive, I don't care for the styles either. There is nothing in the women's apparell that is sporty or stylish [last I checked].
I have a blue porsche cap - gift from a friend - and a Porsche Club Racing cap from volunteering at Road Atlanta. I have two Boxster matchbox cars on my desk.
Brumos racing has some pretty hot tank tops.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:50 AM   #16

ooooo....I beg to differ......I bet love bunny would look pretty alright in the baby blue Ladies' Motorsport Tee actually just thought it was a cool shirt...

but anyway the price is ridic....I saw the tank tops for 68 bucks or whatever....unreal...reminds me of my trip to california....went to the Dodgers game and they had tanks for 70 bucks....right right

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTD
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:58 AM   #17
FTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickurt
Brumos racing has some pretty hot tank tops.
I did some searching - but no hits. Do you have a link?
Old 08-12-2008, 11:06 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTD
I did some searching - but no hits. Do you have a link?
I was actually searching for a link when ai came back. Nothing.
Does Brumos still have their Atlanta dealership?
I haven't been to the location in years, but my uncle bought a 928 from them years ago.
Brumos' boutique in the dealer has alot of nice stuff. I bought a couple of things for wifey.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:25 AM   #19
FTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickurt
I was actually searching for a link when ai came back. Nothing.
Does Brumos still have their Atlanta dealership?
I haven't been to the location in years, but my uncle bought a 928 from them years ago.
Brumos' boutique in the dealer has alot of nice stuff. I bought a couple of things for wifey.
No Brumos dealership here.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:56 PM   #20

I actually like these polo shirts:

http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=P&Product_Code=ladiespolo&Category_Code=womenporsche

I don't see a baby blue motorsport tee, but I see a baby blue keychain. I'd wear a baby blue shirt, but on that keychain it looks weird.