Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2022, 03:02 PM   #21

check this youtube and forward to around 1:40 time

https://youtu.be/sEH9xRWcUXA

ndfrigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 04:40 PM   #22

Not to steal the thunder of this thread, but when I wash my car, or when there's a heavy downpour, my driver side seat belt gets wet. Any leads on this what causes this and how to remedy? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-23-2022, 08:05 AM   #23
FoFoJoe

Garage
Does the top or bottom of your seat belt get wet? Like by your shoulder or by the carpet?
- FunctionFirst shift knob/short shift kit
- Focal speakers/Alpine amp/Kenwood deck/Pioneer 8" subs
FoFoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 07:50 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoFoJoe View Post
Does the top or bottom of your seat belt get wet? Like by your shoulder or by the carpet?
I've noticed the lap and shoulder portion of the seat belt are wet after washing the car or a big down pour. I haven't checked or noticed if the entire seatbelt gets wet or not (I should check next time.)

Carpet is not wet as I've checked every time. I've even tried clearing the drain holes using a trombone/trumpet snake brush. I think water is falling into the cup where the seat belt is, over flowing, and dumping on to the seat belt but I'm not 100% certain yet.
Old 03-25-2022, 03:27 AM   #25
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
I've noticed the lap and shoulder portion of the seat belt are wet after washing the car or a big down pour. I haven't checked or noticed if the entire seatbelt gets wet or not (I should check next time.)

Carpet is not wet as I've checked every time. I've even tried clearing the drain holes using a trombone/trumpet snake brush. I think water is falling into the cup where the seat belt is, over flowing, and dumping on to the seat belt but I'm not 100% certain yet.
With the car completely dry... have someone sit inside while you hose it. They can look for the entry point. Voila.
Old 03-25-2022, 09:22 AM   #26

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmar View Post
I'm trying to figure out what this last post is referring to when they mention fabric from the convertible top snapping into 2 plastic holders. Can someone post a picture of this to show the detail. There is a flap of vinyl fabric that has a plastic channel attached to the back edge and runs side to side for about 48 inches. I dont see where this attaches. Can someone enlighten me?
Thanks
Scott
I'm not at home so don't have access to my Boxster stuff but... the front edge of the apron attaches to the top under the window with a rubber molding. My problem is I can't get the molding to fit into place... I think the rubber is too old and hard. The rear of the apron I think has a plastic rail along the edge that fits into the clips on the rear bulkhead above the engine cover. Any video on putting the top into the service position should show these hooks.

1987 924S 5-speed (Sold) - Blue 2000 Boxster 5 spd (Sold)
elgyqc is offline   Reply With Quote