Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2008, 02:23 PM   #1
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Dealer Loaner Cars

In a recent thread LoveBunny talked about her dealership not having loaner cars. Fortunately in 3.75 years since I've had my car I haven't had to take it to the dealer for anything (knocking on wood). I've managed to do all of the work myself. It has only been in a shop for convertible top replacement. At any rate this morning a co-worker that also has a 2000 986 stuck his head in my office and told me to go outside and check out his loaner. He took his car in for the 60,000 mile service this morning. He said the service advisor told him it was unusual to have a choice, but he could have either a Cayman or a Cayenne. He chose the Cayman. This is the closest I've been to a Cayman and was really impressed. Looks even better close up in person. I snapped these pics with my phone. I didn't want a ride because I feared I would like it too much! It is nice to know if I have to take my car in they will provide a nice loaner.

ddb

ddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:50 PM   #2
bmussatti

Tell the guy in your office to take all the stickers off that Cayman, and never go back to pick up his 986!

I had a loaner Cayman S about two weeks ago when in for new tires. Great car.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:13 PM   #3
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
I wish my dealer had loaner Caymans!
When I dropped my car off the other day (Tire place paid to replace a hub they messed up) all they did was offer to drop me off somewhere. Luckily, my sisters car is with me, so I can use it when I need to.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:16 PM   #4
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
We joked this afternoon that Hendrick would call and tell him his car needed a part that would take a week to get. He travels more than he's in the office and is out (by plane) the rest of the week starting tomorrow.

It is funny, I only drive my car to work 3-4 times per year. When he started earlier this year a lot of co-workers told me "I see you drove your car today". His car is AS and of course my car is white. Today, the early buzz was that I had bought a new car. Then they didn't believe me when I told them it wasn't mine.
ddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 03:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddb
We joked this afternoon that Hendrick would call and tell him his car needed a part that would take a week to get. He travels more than he's in the office and is out (by plane) the rest of the week starting tomorrow.

It is funny, I only drive my car to work 3-4 times per year. When he started earlier this year a lot of co-workers told me "I see you drove your car today". His car is AS and of course my car is white. Today, the early buzz was that I had bought a new car. Then they didn't believe me when I told them it wasn't mine.
The local Porsche dealer uses Mazda 6s and they are none to fine a shape either.

On the other hand, the Lexus dealer gives you a ......Lexus!

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 04:05 PM   #6

I haven't had to use it or test it, but I've been told that part of the Certified deal is an equal replacement if the Boxster breaks down while on a trip and has to be in the shop for more than 24 hours. When I asked, I was assured that equal meant either a Boxster or a Cayman. This was all well after I had purchased my car, so it should not be a sales pitch.
Brumos has a fleet of loaners from their Porsche, Mercedes and Lexus dealer complex and I'm told it's a crap shoot which you get, but you do get a loaner if you reserve it on scheduled shop work. No guarantee if you just "drop in" for repairs, or decide you need one after you failed to reserve it for your scheduled appointment. Fair enough.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:55 AM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
When I take my BoxS into Luxury Motors for service they always give me a Hyundai Sonata as a loaner. I do groan about it, but in the end they do good work on my car and so far everything has been covered under warranty. Plus LM pays the deductible each time at $200 a pop. So I don't complain.

It's not about the summit, it's about the climb.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q46/chills1138/2.jpg
Chills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:02 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to LoveBunny
Wow, Porsche of New Orleans must be the most ghetto service department in the country. It seems like everyone else gives loaners. I'd be happy with anything as a loaner if it meant I'd have something to drive. The people were really nice yesterday when I dropped off my car and didn't charge me anything, but I still don't plan to bring it back there unless it's anything that relates to the warranty. It won't void the warranty to have oil changes, etc., done by an independent shop, will it?

LoveBunny is offline   Reply With Quote