Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2008, 12:53 PM   #1
Registered User
 
Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 290
Don't be loud on your cellphone, or else...

Well, believe it or not, the following happened to me last Monday when my fellow Porsche buddy Jay and I were down at Stanford's Tressidder for lunch: Just when I had paid for my food, I could hear someone close-by being very loud. Unfortunately, there were only empty seats at the very same table where this loud person was sitting. You guessed it; he was on his cellphone. Anyhow, I had no other choice than to sit down at the same table, but decided to sit as far away as possible just to avoid being part of his conversation. Anyhow, Jay came and sat down next to me, and also he was bothered by this loud cellblabber. Then I did something which I now deeply regret -- I walked over to this guy, who is in his early sixties, (it turned out that he's this very "prominent" visiting professor in physics from MIT). I asked him if he would please go outside or perhaps could at least lower his voice. I might have sounded a little rude (as always). Anyhow, this old fart looks at me with this very demeaning look, and says something like; "Why don't YOU go outside". Ok, that was it. I took aim at his cheek and launched my fist as hard as I could. Unfortunately he managed to slightly duck down, so I hit him right in his nose... and I'm telling you; hitting that nose-bone hurt -- I thought I would pass out from the pain it caused, (real fist-fights are nothing like in the movies... at least now I know that). Jay rushed over to break us apart... even if there was nothing to break up; the old dude was bent over in his chair and I was jumping around holding my fist. Not long after I was brought down to the Sheriff's office in HANDCUFFS. Had to give statements (or whatever it's called) and was then booked for the night. I called my parents in Norway who helped me with the bail-money. So far it's only my mother who is standing up for me (though she is "a little surprised that you would do something like that.."). Even Guri (who was the first I called), said that she has seen this coming for quite some time, and that I never seem to learn... that I should have listened to her bla bla-ha (i.e. no support from her). Anyhow, yesterday the Stanford Daily had a big blurb about it, and of course they had to get their facts wrong; they didn't mention anything about that this guy was loud on his cellphone, and even worse, they said that I was a musician(!) and spelled my name; Peer Lamda. For the last few days I've been calling around for a lawyer. I'm told that this professor, Pascal Picotte (tell me; who doesn't deserve to be beaten up with a name like that?!) is getting some powerful legal advisors and is now prepared to raise legal-hell at my expense. Anyhow, earlier today I went with Jack (my Irish Ducati friend) to the San Carlos gun-store where I put down some money on a new snub-nose 357, and hopefully I'll get it as soon as the background-check & waiting-period is over. If you have any experience with this, or even know whether the criminal-records are logged before the trial or after a conviction -- let me know. Anyhow, Jack says that he'll help me out getting this gun, because he agrees that this Pascal dude needs to know how rude it is to be loud on a cellphone.

Well... actually, the disclaimer here is that the only thing that happened was that we were sitting next to a table with a loud cellphone-user. The wimp I am, I wouldn't even dare asking him to pass the salt, (but I had my brave thoughts though...)

-- peer

Peer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:06 PM   #2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Jose, CA.
Posts: 1,359
hahahaha...Peer, you got me going there. I was reading it and when it come to the part where the guy that you punched was in his early sixties, I was like...peer, your an a**...that could have been my grandpa and what are you doing sucker punching a guy who''s almost half of your age...hahahaha!

but that's a very brave thoughts
unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:38 PM   #3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 149
while the loud cell talking is VERY annoying, i hope you get fully penalized and punished for waht you did.... violence? REALLY? was it NECESSARY to take a swing at the guy? because he told YOU to go outside?

you sound like a jerk and i hope you are required to attend 100 hours+ of anger management courses
__________________
http://www.lifeinwidescreen.com/hosting/ownroad2.jpg

If people came from apes, why are there still apes?
lucky_topher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:40 PM   #4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 149
for some reason i replied before i even finished... i just finished the end... now you went to get a gun?

"Anyhow, Jack says that he'll help me out getting this gun, because he agrees that this Pascal dude needs to know how rude it is to be loud on a cellphone."

so because a guy is rude on a cellphone, you not only didn't learn your lesson about violence, but now you want a gun BECAUSE theis dude needs to know how rude it is?!

i might just save a copy of this page and email it to this pascal guy to help his case... because you deserve it
__________________
http://www.lifeinwidescreen.com/hosting/ownroad2.jpg

If people came from apes, why are there still apes?
lucky_topher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:47 PM   #5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: virginia
Posts: 399
I dont understand the original post at all ! Did something happen or not ? What is the purpose of the post ?
gmboxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:22 PM   #6
Registered User
 
Brucelee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 8,083
God help us if they allow CP on planes. I dread the day.

__________________
Rich Belloff

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:36 PM   #7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Boston area
Posts: 327
2 quick points: the Supreme Court upheld our Right to Arm Bears today and opens the way for sale of handguns in vending machines. LOL

and you can buy electronic jamming devices on the internet that will make cell phones users think they are in a dead zone.
__________________
'04 Black Boxster, 18" Carerra wheels
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space."
wild1poet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:44 PM   #8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colchester, CT
Posts: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_topher
while the loud cell talking is VERY annoying, i hope you get fully penalized and punished for waht you did.... violence? REALLY? was it NECESSARY to take a swing at the guy? because he told YOU to go outside?

um.... did you not get to the bottom where you discover this was all in his imagination (apart from the loud cell phone conversation)???
__________________
1999 986 2.5L, Stock Exhaust (S muffler), EVO Intake, 18" Stock rims (17" during winter), IMS Upgrade, 150k+ miles and counting!
87 944S brought back to life
Dragonwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:12 PM   #9
Registered User
 
Brucelee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 8,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by wild1poet2
2 quick points: the Supreme Court upheld our Right to Arm Bears today and opens the way for sale of handguns in vending machines. LOL

and you can buy electronic jamming devices on the internet that will make cell phones users think they are in a dead zone.

I love this new SC. Finally some guys in the middle with sense.
__________________
Rich Belloff

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:35 PM   #10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 7,241
Lucky, Peer was successful in pulling your leg. Read his last statement.
__________________
'97 Boxster (Black Hole for 42,000 Dead Presidents and counting) - 122k
New motor, transmission, suspension, and on and on and on it goes...
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:39 AM   #11
Registered User
 
Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_topher
for some reason i replied before i even finished... i just finished the end... now you went to get a gun?
i might just save a copy of this page and email it to this pascal guy to help his case... because you deserve it
So you say you read the entire post... and you still don't get it?! Well then, all I can say is that literacy is a bliss -- perhaps you should try it.

-- peer


Btw, the real Pascal Picotte is a Canadian mc racer, my hero:
Peer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:36 AM   #12
Registered User
 
Quickurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Coastal Oak Forest
Posts: 1,069
Good one Peer, good one.
__________________
Sold - Black on Sand Beige 2006 S - 48K miles
18x8.5 and 10 OZ Alleggerita HLT Anthracite wheels and anthracite Cayman side grilles - lovingly adjusted Schnell Short Shift
Quickurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:50 AM   #13
FTD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 834
I enjoyed it!
FTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:30 PM   #14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peer
So you say you read the entire post... and you still don't get it?! Well then, all I can say is that literacy is a bliss -- perhaps you should try it.

-- peer
Interesting that you'll admit that you're such a wimp you wouldn't even ask the loud cell phone user to pass the salt, but you'll trash-talk here, sitting safely behind your keyboard.
__________________
Jack
2000 Boxster S - gone -
2006 Audi A6 Quattro 3.2
JackG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:22 PM   #15
Registered User
 
Brucelee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 8,083
Please play nice, both of you!
__________________
Rich Belloff

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:15 PM   #16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
Please play nice, both of you!
But! But! But! ...

OK, Dad.

__________________
Jack
2000 Boxster S - gone -
2006 Audi A6 Quattro 3.2
JackG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:42 PM   #17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Golden Valley, Minnesota
Posts: 35
Smile

I hate loud and rude cell phone yackers. I usually limit my imaginary response to grabbing their cell phone and tossing it into a suborbital aerial trip.
ISUnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 04:10 AM   #18
Registered User
 
Brucelee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 8,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackG
But! But! But! ...

OK, Dad.


Thanks.

__________________
Rich Belloff

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 05:42 AM   #19
Registered User
 
Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 290
Use your Porsche to pick up hot chicks...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unklekraker
hahahaha...Peer, you got me going there.


Well, here's another episode in my pathetic life, though this one has some Boxster content and is in fact something that really happened to me last summer when my parents were visiting from Norway. As we were standing at Sheraton's check-in counter, waiting for our turn, up walks this hot tall tennis player, Daniela Hantuchova, (she was here for Stanford's Bank of the West Classic tournament). As we were waiting for the keys, she says to me "I like your eyebrow." Since I'm the most brilliant Casanova there ever was, I naturally swept her off her feet with my charm, and the rest is history -- she and I have since been dating, and later in August we'll tie the knot.

Well, perhaps in my dreams. Actually, my not-so articulate respond back to her was more like a gawping "Ugh..?" as my face turned red. It didn't help much that my mom was gesticulating behind us, trying to coach me what to say (luckily in Norwegian), "Tell her that you can take her in your Porsche and show her around and then play some pool with her". (To my mom, pool, tennis, hockey, baseball, etc. are all the same -- she even calls my cues, "clubs" (from the Norwegian word hockey-kølle).

As if that wasn't bad enough, it turned out that my parents room was in the same section of the hotel as hers. So I had to endure a long walk behind this hottie while listening to my parents arguing back & forth whether she was too tall for me since she wouldn't fit in my "Nazi go-cart" -- my mom, who always stands up for me, thought she would be "perfect", while my dad wouldn't approve of her since "she's too tall and also too skinny"... I was just wishing I could somehow replace them with a set of parents that I could take out in public.

At least it was nice that I for once could (sort of) blame someone else for my romanic debacles. More about my biker parents: http://ccrma.stanford.edu/~peer/parents.html

-- peer



Rejected by my dad:
Peer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 06:07 PM   #20
Registered User
 
Quickurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Coastal Oak Forest
Posts: 1,069
Ahhhh, but now Peer, we don't believe anything!

__________________
Sold - Black on Sand Beige 2006 S - 48K miles
18x8.5 and 10 OZ Alleggerita HLT Anthracite wheels and anthracite Cayman side grilles - lovingly adjusted Schnell Short Shift
Quickurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page