Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2008, 08:42 PM   #1

Got my dyno results on the 'track' Boxster the other day

Got the dyno results on my track car ('00 Boxster, stripped, not street legal. Has Motons, Hoosiers, substantial welded cage (most substantial I've ever seen), custom headers and stainless exhaust, some ECU tuning, fire supression system, OEM hardtop, CCR 17" wheels, etc.) which has been in the shop for months now, fixing all the problems from the shop that originally put it together. Had problems (severe) with electrical system, exhaust, throttle body, ECU shorting out from bad wiring, suspension problems (horrible mounts), you name it. Zillions of dollars later, I now have a car that I should be able to only change the wheels/tires on and not have to take a stop at the shop on my way home from a shortened day at the track, as I have all other times thus far.

Anyway, on to the dyno results!

When my car came into the shop, it dyno'ed at 155.19hp, 164.86 ft/lbs torque at the wheels. All kinds of things wrong, obviously.

A stock 2.5l Boxster (mine's a 2.7l, however) makes 185.26hp and 164.96 ft/lbs of torque at the wheels - I was less than a stock '97 Boxster.

Now, with all the improvements and fixing of the old problems, of which there were many, I'm making 228hp and 192.57 ft/lbs of torque at the wheels, or roughly 269hp at the crank - essentially what a stock 986 3.2l motor made.

I should be able to feel a 50% increase in power in the thing, along with slightly lighter weight (took out 25lbs from the rear in the sub-bumper), ya think?

I guess my times at the last event at Willow Springs were pretty damn good considering I was essentially driving a Civic DX with Hoosiers...

Next event is May 31-June 1 - I'm now anxious to try this whole new car.

2005 Boxster S - Atlas Grey/Black, PASM, Sport Chrono, Bose
2006 Infiniti M35 Sport
2007 Cadillac Escalade (tow vehicle with bling)

'00 Boxster - 2.7l w/FVD ECU tuning, Moton double adjustable suspension, custom stainless headers, lightweight flywheel, dual Magnaflow mufflers, 18" CCR wheels, 911 front brakes in front, Boxster front brakes in rear, full welded cage.

http://www.epiqautosport.com/images/epiqtoddavatar2.jpg
EPIQTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 02:02 AM   #2

Wow Todd, that's great hp for a base 2000 Boxster with exhaust and chip mods, did they do anything else to the engine and have you modified the intake? Also, do you have a plot of the dyno run, I am curious about the torque curve.

My 2000 base Boxster's chip is optimized for responsiveness and torque, not max hp. I am only putting out 210 hp to the wheels and that is with 100 octane fuel. Its good to see that the 2.7L motor can deliver the goods when tweeked.

Ed

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:34 PM   #3

I'm getting the dyno chart today - will post it and full details

2006 Infiniti M35 Sport

'00 Boxster - 2.7l w/FVD ECU tuning, Moton double adjustable suspension, custom stainless headers, lightweight flywheel, dual Magnaflow mufflers, 18" CCR wheels, 911 front brakes in front, Boxster front brakes in rear, full welded cage.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:27 AM   #4

Here's the dyno - the red (and light red) are the original readings when I brought it in, the green lines are stock 2.5l, and the blue lines are my current setup. Apparently up to about 4500rpm I'm right in line with a stock 2.7l, but after that is when the new software and setup really take over, particularly, as you can see, on peak hp which is now setup in the 6k-6500rpm range.

2006 Infiniti M35 Sport

Old 05-09-2008, 10:42 AM   #5

Nice. But the real question is... are you de-snorkled?

2000 Porsche Boxster | SOLD | http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9114

http://www.kryzak.com/storage/986sig12.jpg

http://kryzak.tumblr.com
Jeph is offline   Reply With Quote