Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2008, 04:54 AM   #1

I hate haters...

Last night when I parked outside our billiards hall, a burly brute started to go off on how much he "hated" my car and that I "must be a retard for driving this piece of ****************." Since all his venom came completely unprovoked, I decided to stay cool to not provoke him any further. However, it probably got a bit awkward for him when I quietly picked up my pool cues from the trunk and followed him straight into the pool-hall -- he obviously didn't except that we would end up under the same roof and also seeing that I kind of "belonged" there.

I didn't think more about this as my practice time went about. But then, a few hours later, when I discover that the burly brute and his posse were checked out, it dawns on me that he might have done something to my car. So I run out to discover that the alarm was triggered and the car was covered with spit loogies. What a class act.

It's funny (not "ha-ha-funny" but "strange-funny") that envy, or whatever it is, can drive certain people to act like this, unprovoked. Hopefully he didn't also key the car -- tomorrow's daylight will tell.

-- peer

Peer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 05:18 AM   #2

that is rediculous... i assume you are not a fighter or were you scared? (dont mean that in a bad way at all but just trying to think this through)... you have to stand up for yourself man!... and for all the other porsche owners! by default. under those circumstances i think i would have taken his life from him that nite. if i were you i would find out who he was by asking workers or management or if that doesnt work then tell management you had incurred vandalism while on their property and you want to review tapes from inside and the parking lot (if they have cam's)... if they dont let you... then go to the cops and ask them to check out any securitycams... then tell the police to arrest him and if they dont then arrest him yourself if you know what i mean. sorry bro about that happening, just blow it off now and make sure your car doesnt have any damage.

Last edited by Brucelee; 05-04-2008 at 05:40 AM. Reason: language
ut_cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 05:45 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peer
Last night when I parked outside our billiards hall, a burly brute started to go off on how much he "hated" my car and that I "must be a retard for driving this piece of ****************." Since all his venom came completely unprovoked, I decided to stay cool to not provoke him any further. However, it probably got a bit awkward for him when I quietly picked up my pool cues from the trunk and followed him straight into the pool-hall -- he obviously didn't except that we would end up under the same roof and also seeing that I kind of "belonged" there.

I didn't think more about this as my practice time went about. But then, a few hours later, when I discover that the burly brute and his posse were checked out, it dawns on me that he might have done something to my car. So I run out to discover that the alarm was triggered and the car was covered with spit loogies. What a class act.

It's funny (not "ha-ha-funny" but "strange-funny") that envy, or whatever it is, can drive certain people to act like this, unprovoked. Hopefully he didn't also key the car -- tomorrow's daylight will tell.

-- peer
I think you handled this well.

Getting into a punch out over a comment about one's car is not a smart thing to do. The fact that this fine fellow had a bunch of equally fine cohorts means that you could have been bushwacked and met an untimely demise. That would have been tragic; a dirty car is simply annoying.

Hopefully, you will simply have to wash your car and you will be fine tomorrow. Their stupidity and sloath will be with them for always. Thnk of all those knuckles scraping the ground.

Where is Batman when you really need him?

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 05:50 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to VAPORBLADE
I am going to be getting a boxster this month. As far as haters go - I have had 4 years of training with a HUMMER H2 SUT. If anyone is going to hate something, that is the truck. I have seen more middle fingers in that truck than ever in my life.

I think you did well too. People are just jelious. Maybe some guy in a boxster took his girlfriend back in the day.
VAPORBLADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 06:16 AM   #5

Hey Brother -

I don't know if you read back a few days ago ... mine got "loogied" on as well (though only one) while I was at Sunday brunch. This kind of stuff is completely rediculous. Best of luck getting the stuff off, mine washed off right away. Some people are so envious that they cannot find it within themselves to express it positively.

I do have to say ... it seems like the number of keyings and spittings, etc has gone way up in the last week or two. Anyone agree? Maybe it is just that time of year? I don't ever recall seeing this many threads about this kind of stuff at any other time. Just keep your head up and keep on rollin' ... it's not his car ... it's yours.

Best Regards

Josh
9eighty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 06:30 AM   #6
FTD

Its insecurity. I dated a guy that hates everything. You couldn't even watch a comedy on TV without him spewing some kind of complaint or insult. He even tried to make me feel bad about my fun car. [He drives a Ford Ranger] Insecure people can behave like hate mongers because of their competitive personalities. They try to feel better about themselves by putting down whatever is around them. Its Bad Company. I say, don't even acknowledge these people. Look right through them as if they were not there or you are deaf as a door knob. The alternative of acknowledging or responding can be pointless and ugly.
:troll:
Or, smile and say something complementing to them. It disarms them.
FTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 06:50 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTD
Its insecurity. I dated a guy that hates everything. You couldn't even watch a comedy on TV without him spewing some kind of complaint or insult. He even tried to make me feel bad about my fun car. [He drives a Ford Ranger] Insecure people can behave like hate mongers because of their competitive personalities. They try to feel better about themselves by putting down whatever is around them. Its Bad Company. I say, don't even acknowledge these people. Look right through them as if they were not there or you are deaf as a door knob. The alternative of acknowledging or responding can be pointless and ugly.
:troll:
Or, smile and say something complementing to them. It disarms them.

Yes, this angle of agreeing with them or complimenting THEIR Ford Ranger sometimes disorients them. That is kind of fun.

Old 05-04-2008, 06:54 AM   #8

This guy was looking for a fight. When you didnt give him one, the only thing he could do was act like a 2 year old and spit on your car!!? Well although I dont know you or him, it seems he may have been a little intimidating. Good thing you didnt do anything, because although large, guys like this rarely fight by themselves, even having the advantage. Although discusting as it may be, atleast in N.Y., spitting on a car does no constitute a crime. You handled this alot better than I would have. Wether it was good judgement, or a little fear (who cares), wash the car, and find a better place to shoot pool. Good Luck.
Gemballa red face gauges ..(FOR SALE)

http://i28.tinypic.com/2zzlq29.jpg
986speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:02 AM   #9
eqs

Hi guys/girls, from my personal experience this has been going on a long time. I had this happen to me years ago (and I mean a long time ago) in my Triumph. A Triumph is not an expensive droptop or a very flashy one at all - just a regular everyday droptop for the everyday guy/girl. Kind of like todays Miata - say.

Anyways, that happened back then too. There will be mean people today, tomorrow, and far into the future. They are simply bad people, and they will suffer in the end. Doing stuff like that and vandalising is way bad karma. You know who the good people are - we are - we don't do that kind of stuff. We have good karma. And we are probably happier people too.

So even though that happened, I look at it this way, count your blessings, we have the Pcar, they don't. They are bad people, we are not.

It certainly is an irritant though, I feel your pain, been there. Maybe take a cab there next time or find a different pool-hall.

For you FTD, thank goodness you're away from that guy, positive energy is way better than negative. Negative is just like a big black swirling hole that's really hard to get out of - kind of like quicksand in some ways. Good on you, I'm happy for you.

Anyways, cheers - and your car needed a wash anyways didn't it

And by the way, my wife thinks I'm a little bit wacko talking to you guys like this
eqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:27 AM   #10
FTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqs
For you FTD, thank goodness you're away from that guy, positive energy is way better than negative. Negative is just like a big black swirling hole that's really hard to get out of - kind of like quicksand in some ways. Good on you, I'm happy for you.
And by the way, my wife thinks I'm a little bit wacko talking to you guys like this
Thanks!!! I feel relaxed and peaceful again. Aaaaah. As the bumper sticker says, "Mean people suck". And remind your wife that she loves you because you are just a tad wacko.
FTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:51 AM   #11
eqs

Thanks, and I do show her and the kids, these posts.

Cheers
Old 05-04-2008, 01:09 PM   #12

Funny. . . .

Two days ago I was cruising down the road with the top down. It was a wonderful day and I saw a 964 coming in the distance. I waved and he waved right back! (It was my first "wave"). Too bad that kind of camaraderie doesn't exist between strangers enough. Pathetic that you experienced such sub-human behaviors. I just hope that since my parking lot has 3 BMWs and 1 Jaguar S-type, my box is somewhat safe. It probably isnt.
JCL12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 01:25 PM   #13
eqs

JCL that's x'cellent. I saw somewhere that an old thing gone by the wayside is a flash too. Flash your lights when you see another Pcar. Let's see if we can get that going again too. Truckers and bus drivers still do that today, and bikers and cyclists too, they wave or nod.

I've been trying to persuade 911 drivers to respect boxster cars too, they've been calling them Chixsters for years and looking down upon them as being econoboxes not worthy of the Pname. Slowly, I think I'm convincing some of them. I've been involved in a long 18 page thread on a forum recently, and I think I got the message through to some of them. They don't seem to say Chixster anymore.

Anyways, cheers
Old 05-04-2008, 04:08 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqs
JCL that's x'cellent. I saw somewhere that an old thing gone by the wayside is a flash too. Flash your lights when you see another Pcar. Let's see if we can get that going again too. Truckers and bus drivers still do that today, and bikers and cyclists too, they wave or nod.

I've been trying to persuade 911 drivers to respect boxster cars too, they've been calling them Chixsters for years and looking down upon them as being econoboxes not worthy of the Pname. Slowly, I think I'm convincing some of them. I've been involved in a long 18 page thread on a forum recently, and I think I got the message through to some of them. They don't seem to say Chixster anymore.

Anyways, cheers

Not sure why you would care what another driver thinks of your car?

Spitting on it, however is strickly a case of looking for a whupping.

Old 05-04-2008, 07:15 PM   #15
eqs

Well, the comments weren't directed at my car or me, just all boxster owners' in general.

In a nutshell, a poster noted that:

"aircooled people make fun of everything that isn't.
gt3 people make fun of 997 people.
coupe crowd laughs at the targas.
356 people think porsches were stopped being made after '65
and everybody makes fun of the chixsters"

That's all that was to it, not much really, just banter from 997 owners.

Anyways cheers

Last edited by eqs; 05-04-2008 at 09:18 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:46 PM   #16

Don't sweat it Peer, you did the right thing. No sense in doing something rash that will lead to putting your dentist into a higher tax bracket.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:35 PM   #17

Wink

This world is certainly full of a**holes ! I think you handled it good. Like someone else said this people are usually not only mean but cowards as well. They talk tough when they have a lot of backup. No use ending up in the hospital over some moron.

BTW , FTD, I have a Ford Ranger and I love it. Simply because it has been extremely reliable thus far. And VERY low maintennance.
gmboxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:27 PM   #18

Send a message via AIM to LoveBunny
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqs

Anyways, cheers

I assume they call them "Chixsters" because they are saying it's a girly car? If so, then how come most of the members on here are male and most every Boxster I see on the road is driven by a guy?

Peer, I agree you did the right thing to just blow off that douche. I never really saw the point in getting into a fight with someone over something like that. It just makes you stoop to their level.
LoveBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:37 PM   #19

Wink

It's funny all those guys that call boxsters a chick car. Boxsters can out performance their muscle cars easliy. Maybe not in a straight line drag race but in every other catagory. Think I'll just hang on to my 'chick' car.
gmboxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:28 AM   #20

Peer,

I am glad that you did not let them goad you into a fist fight. Being an short Asian man with a short temper, I got into a lot of them when I was younger. I trained in Tae Kwon Do for 12 years and thought that I was tough. I won my share but also got my a$$ whooped plenty of times. I don't really remember the fights I won but vividly remember the fights I lost. Not fun. It is a good thing that I was just a kid and did not get seriously injured.

Now that I am older (hopefully wiser), I cannot imagine being in a fist fight. I have no delusions about what can happen in a fight and would rather stay away from them. There are plenty of idiots out there... fighting with them will not change them.