View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 05:45 AM   #3
Brucelee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peer
Last night when I parked outside our billiards hall, a burly brute started to go off on how much he "hated" my car and that I "must be a retard for driving this piece of ****************." Since all his venom came completely unprovoked, I decided to stay cool to not provoke him any further. However, it probably got a bit awkward for him when I quietly picked up my pool cues from the trunk and followed him straight into the pool-hall -- he obviously didn't except that we would end up under the same roof and also seeing that I kind of "belonged" there.

I didn't think more about this as my practice time went about. But then, a few hours later, when I discover that the burly brute and his posse were checked out, it dawns on me that he might have done something to my car. So I run out to discover that the alarm was triggered and the car was covered with spit loogies. What a class act.

It's funny (not "ha-ha-funny" but "strange-funny") that envy, or whatever it is, can drive certain people to act like this, unprovoked. Hopefully he didn't also key the car -- tomorrow's daylight will tell.

-- peer
I think you handled this well.

Getting into a punch out over a comment about one's car is not a smart thing to do. The fact that this fine fellow had a bunch of equally fine cohorts means that you could have been bushwacked and met an untimely demise. That would have been tragic; a dirty car is simply annoying.

Hopefully, you will simply have to wash your car and you will be fine tomorrow. Their stupidity and sloath will be with them for always. Thnk of all those knuckles scraping the ground.

Where is Batman when you really need him?

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote