Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2008, 04:55 AM   #41
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Sorry to hear that man. Maybe time to think about not taking the Pcar to the pool hall anymore. Get a ride from a friend who you'll be playing pool with and get them to take his car next time.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:59 AM   #42

^Did you leave the top down?

Last week someone spilled coke on my rear fender - in just 2 months of owning this car, unbelievable.

I swear nobody would do something like this if this happened in Texas.

I posted photos of my car with the blonde on a photography forum and I got a ton of "it's not a real Porsche" comments. They say it because they can never afford one in their lifetime.

If somebody tells me it's just a Boxster, I tell them "at least the engine is in the right place."
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:33 AM   #43

Hey, any of you think you've got a respect problem owning a Boxster, try owning a 914!
Old 08-18-2008, 12:15 PM   #44

There's a lot of passive aggression out there. Chicken****************s spit on your car and throw muffins. LOL They don't have the balls to do it in front of you.

Just ignore it. They're phuggin losers and hate their sorry lives. No good will come of them. I've seen it time and time again. It doesn't matter how bad azz you are, all it takes is the right hit to the head and you got some long term deficits to deal with.

I do notice more silly driver aggression when I'm in the boxster than when I'm in my truck or on my harley. It's the weirdest thing. I think I drive about the same so it's not me being so aggressive that I become obnoxious and invite retaliation. I think it is a class thing. Or perceived class thing. Porsches are perceived to be owned by prissy conceited yuppies and need to be put in their place. LOL

I haven't figured it out yet. Anyways, when in doubt knock em out.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:36 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqs
JCL that's x'cellent. I saw somewhere that an old thing gone by the wayside is a flash too. Flash your lights when you see another Pcar. Let's see if we can get that going again too. Truckers and bus drivers still do that today, and bikers and cyclists too, they wave or nod.

I've been trying to persuade 911 drivers to respect boxster cars too, they've been calling them Chixsters for years and looking down upon them as being econoboxes not worthy of the Pname. Slowly, I think I'm convincing some of them. I've been involved in a long 18 page thread on a forum recently, and I think I got the message through to some of them. They don't seem to say Chixster anymore.

Anyways, cheers
That's easy egs, just get them on a nice, tight road and wave goodbye!
Old 08-18-2008, 04:01 PM   #46

Peer,
I wanted to get good with a pool cue quite a few years ago, but coudn't find a place to play that wasn't full of ****************************s. All the bars with tables were always one word from a pool cue frenzy and the pool halls that didn't allow drinking were full of jerks who wanted to pretend they were bad-asses, but wouldn't go to the bars where the real ones were.
Nothing personal there, pal, just my observations of pool players, in general.
Doesn't help that I live in redneck land either, but I haven't had the problems with people dissin me or my car.
Maybe it's the shoulder holster bulge?
Old 08-18-2008, 06:45 PM   #47

I showed up to a game this weekend in my Box. A couple of my teammates were still in the parking lot and one of them said "what are you driving your sister's car". Everyone laughed and I laughed along with them. I don't take that stuff personally and after we all had a good laugh - everyone wanted to check out my car.

I get a kick out of haters - as long as they don't damage my car!