Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2008, 06:26 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to PSL-Boxster
Someone Keyed My Box =[

so im goanna need to fix this new pinstripe of mine...any pointers on whats the best method? would an electrical buffer be the best route or is there something else.. thanks

PSL-Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:34 PM   #2

It all depends on how deep the scratch is. If it went into the clear coat and not the paint below, it may buff out nicely with a porter cable random orbital polisher and some good stuff on the cutting pad such as Menzerna intensive polish.

If it went into the paint, it's still worth a try.

If the lousy, good for nothing, jealous piece of crap keyed right through the clear coat and the paint and you see metal, well, you'd better go to a body shop for a repaint.

Sorry, there's just no silver lining in this cloud.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:41 PM   #3

THAT sucks, hopefully it aint that deep and will buff right out.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:47 PM   #4

I sometimes think we live in a third world country, when people who work hard for nice toys are constantly battered by the good for nothing, low life who do things like this and do not lose a minute of sleep.

Hope it buffs out. I've been there, I had to repaint... which turned out better looking than original.

Last edited by Brucelee; 05-01-2008 at 06:13 AM.
nola911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:02 PM   #5

I hate people who do this, it has happened to me as well. The first weekend I bought mine and took it out at night it happened. I had to take to the body shop, sorry!
juan986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:16 PM   #6

Angry

I agree MAX, people work hard to earn nice things and low life punks vandalize it with no remorse whatsoever. They should be hung by their balls. Hope that's not too harsh for ya. Thats why I'm very careful where i drive my car, especially at night.
gmboxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:24 PM   #7

Sorry to hear the news. It happened to me as well last year and I am still driving around wiht light scratches on the clearcoat. It's not that deep but I am also afraid to do any major polishing to it. One day I will scrape up the courage and tackle it though. Not only did the lowlife key the car they also sapt some gum on to my mats which melted in the sun.

Carbon Everything
De-ambered
De-snorkled
Litronics
Eibach Pro Kit
Dansk Sport exhaust
Cheap Chinese headers
Silver console and bumperettes
AVIC D3
15mm H&R spacers in the rear
SSR GT3 19's
GT3 Carbon Replicas
Alcantera door panels
JL Aduio 5 channel powering Polks and Clif Designs

To do/complete:
Elemental Designs 10" subs in fiberglass enclosures behind seats
Carbon 3 spoke install with custom stereo control buttons (tiptronic wheel)
angman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:17 AM   #8

I am just wondering ... what the heck is wrong with people?! Sorry to hear that this happened to you. While I can't say my car has been keyed, I did take it out last Sunday to brunch and well ... when I came out there was a nice dried up loogey right on my drivers door.

I know that it is probably not that reassuring since I didn't have any damage, but I think the bottom line is that it is sad to see people disrespecting others' property for no good reason! I just wanted some pancakes!

Best of luck with the repairs and just keep your head up.
9eighty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:17 AM   #9

Not to get TOO political on this topic but everytime some so-called LEADER on TV is ranking on some particular group (the rich or the -you fill in the blank) they are setting up this kind of nonsense.

It makes it easy form folks with small brains to somehow think this behavior is OK because it is THEM, they are not like US.

Having said that, I am back to the baseball bat theory of education.

A good whack on the knee caps would do these guys a world of good.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:25 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSL-Boxster
so im goanna need to fix this new pinstripe of mine...any pointers on whats the best method? would an electrical buffer be the best route or is there something else.. thanks
this happen to a dude with a bentley....keyed all around...jealous gal! it cost 40k to repaint it but the insurance paid for the cost...
porscheracer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:40 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
Not to get TOO political on this topic but everytime some so-called LEADER on TV is ranking on some particular group (the rich or the -you fill in the blank) they are setting up this kind of nonsense.

It makes it easy form folks with small brains to somehow think this behavior is OK because it is THEM, they are not like US.

Having said that, I am back to the baseball bat theory of education.

A good whack on the knee caps would do these guys a world of good.
^^^ + 1,000,000
...no catastrophic engine failure ...yet
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:48 AM   #12

People doing things like this for no apparent reason except for jelousy, I assume, is unacceptable, I don't understand the mentality some people must have.

When one of my buddies and I were out on the town on our motorcycles one night, we decided to make a pit stop at the mall. When we came out, low and behold, both of our motorcycles ''magically'' had fallen to the ground. Must have been a strong gust of wind!

Unacceptable!
Old 05-01-2008, 01:55 PM   #13

that SUCKS. hope you can get it out on your own.
jrblackbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 02:35 PM   #14
eqs

Very, very sorry to hear about that. Keep your chin and spirits up. It'll look brand new once it's fixed. Keep pos, don't let guys/things get you down. You/we have Pcars, they don't. They are simply bad people and they will suffer in the long run.

All the best.
eqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:28 PM   #15

Garage
Sorry to hear this, SOB jerks rolling around out there. +1 on hopes it'll buff out. Good Luck!

'06 Cayman 'S' - Sold (Sport Chrono, PASM, TPMS, 19' CAS Wheels, NAV)
'06 Cayenne - Sold
'01 Boxster 'S' - Sold
'00 Boxster - Sold
tboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:54 PM   #16

Angry

I think part of the problem is our weak judical system. Punks can do things like that and get only a slap on the wrist , IF THAT ! If they had to pay for the damage and spent a year in jail, they would think twice. Disrespectful ****************************s.
gmboxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:13 PM   #17

Send a message via AIM to PSL-Boxster
thanks on ur responses to this guys.i was able to buff out a good majority of the scratches, but from certain angles with the sun, u can still see the marks... im eventually gonna need a repaint on the hood due to the rock chips on it (4months), so i mind as well do the whole car, itll look great afterward !

- i want to protect the front of my car so i dont have to get it repainted again. i heard about a clear 3mm coating u can put on your car for protection. anyone know about this? thanks
PSL-Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:18 PM   #18

Send a message via Yahoo to TimAustinW
I absolutely feel for you. Jealousy is the only reason. People like this assume that if you're driving a Porsche that you must be some upper crust pretentious A-hole that's had everything handed to you your whole life.

When the truth is, I believe that most of us driving the 986 at this point probably got theirs pre-owned, bought it with hard earned money and view it as an opportunity to own a car that belongs to the finest family of vehicle engineering ever, second hand or not. I don't think I'm better than Joe Blow who's driving a honda because I bought Porsche. Honda makes great reliable cars that get amazing gas mileage. I bought my used Boxster for the price of a new honda. I bought out of respect for Porsche. Not for the name so I could impress my friends and pretend I'm upper crust but so I could own a great car. Even my Boxster, not an S, considered the bottom end of the Porsche family still provides me with the most spectacular driving experience of my life. I take pride in my box but not for a second do I think I'm better than anyone else. If these people who have so little respect took a second to know the person who's car they are keying or spitting on they may find out that there's a good, decent, hard working person behind the wheel.

I hate vandals and thieves because they have no respect for anyone but themselves.
02 Seal Grey, NHP Headers w/ Highflow Cats/2ndary Bypass Pipes, smoked side markers/3rd brake light, exterior match interior trim, 986 Lloyds Mats, 986 deck lid emblem, arctic silver intake grills, ipod link, painted calipers, Glass Window Robbins Top with defroster kit, Bose Sound System, Leather lower door panels, Console Lid w embroidered crest; Stainless door sills; Painted Bumperettes; Custom Hood Crest
TimAustinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:36 PM   #19
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
If it makes you feel any better someone dented my door today. It isn't even that noticeable to anyone except me, so I probably won't do anything about it. But it is very, very annoying.

I think Vincent from Pulp Fiction says it best,
"You don't **** with another man's vehicle. It's just against the rules."

People need to respect other people's cars. I don't go around denting doors and keying other people's cars. I wonder how they would like it.

Last edited by rick3000; 05-01-2008 at 06:46 PM.
rick3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:38 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAustinW
I absolutely feel for you. Jealousy is the only reason. People like this assume that if you're driving a Porsche that you must be some upper crust pretentious A-hole that's had everything handed to you your whole life.

When the truth is, I believe that most of us driving the 986 at this point probably got theirs pre-owned, bought it with hard earned money and view it as an opportunity to own a car that belongs to the finest family of vehicle engineering ever, second hand or not. I don't think I'm better than Joe Blow who's driving a honda because I bought Porsche. Honda makes great reliable cars that get amazing gas mileage. I bought my used Boxster for the price of a new honda. I bought out of respect for Porsche. Not for the name so I could impress my friends and pretend I'm upper crust but so I could own a great car. Even my Boxster, not an S, considered the bottom end of the Porsche family still provides me with the most spectacular driving experience of my life. I take pride in my box but not for a second do I think I'm better than anyone else. If these people who have so little respect took a second to know the person who's car they are keying or spitting on they may find out that there's a good, decent, hard working person behind the wheel.

I hate vandals and thieves because they have no respect for anyone but themselves.

AMEN to that!

nola911 is offline   Reply With Quote