View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 06:18 PM   #18
TimAustinW

Send a message via Yahoo to TimAustinW
I absolutely feel for you. Jealousy is the only reason. People like this assume that if you're driving a Porsche that you must be some upper crust pretentious A-hole that's had everything handed to you your whole life.

When the truth is, I believe that most of us driving the 986 at this point probably got theirs pre-owned, bought it with hard earned money and view it as an opportunity to own a car that belongs to the finest family of vehicle engineering ever, second hand or not. I don't think I'm better than Joe Blow who's driving a honda because I bought Porsche. Honda makes great reliable cars that get amazing gas mileage. I bought my used Boxster for the price of a new honda. I bought out of respect for Porsche. Not for the name so I could impress my friends and pretend I'm upper crust but so I could own a great car. Even my Boxster, not an S, considered the bottom end of the Porsche family still provides me with the most spectacular driving experience of my life. I take pride in my box but not for a second do I think I'm better than anyone else. If these people who have so little respect took a second to know the person who's car they are keying or spitting on they may find out that there's a good, decent, hard working person behind the wheel.

I hate vandals and thieves because they have no respect for anyone but themselves.
02 Seal Grey, NHP Headers w/ Highflow Cats/2ndary Bypass Pipes, smoked side markers/3rd brake light, exterior match interior trim, 986 Lloyds Mats, 986 deck lid emblem, arctic silver intake grills, ipod link, painted calipers, Glass Window Robbins Top with defroster kit, Bose Sound System, Leather lower door panels, Console Lid w embroidered crest; Stainless door sills; Painted Bumperettes; Custom Hood Crest
TimAustinW is offline   Reply With Quote