Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2008, 07:17 PM   #21

Look at the bright side, not everybody has a P-car to repaint

juan986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:20 PM   #22

Send a message via AIM to PSL-Boxster
yea im not rele bummed about the fact, the action of repainting my car excites me. maby i can actually paint my car purple this time!
PSL-Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:43 PM   #23

Send a message via Yahoo to TimAustinW
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSL-Boxster
maby i can actually paint my car purple this time!

ok, you just lost me
02 Seal Grey, NHP Headers w/ Highflow Cats/2ndary Bypass Pipes, smoked side markers/3rd brake light, exterior match interior trim, 986 Lloyds Mats, 986 deck lid emblem, arctic silver intake grills, ipod link, painted calipers, Glass Window Robbins Top with defroster kit, Bose Sound System, Leather lower door panels, Console Lid w embroidered crest; Stainless door sills; Painted Bumperettes; Custom Hood Crest
TimAustinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 05:27 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxferran
I sometimes think we live in a third world country, when people who work hard for nice toys are constantly battered by the good for nothing, low life who do things like this and do not lose a minute of sleep.

Hope it buffs out. I've been there, I had to repaint... which turned out better looking than original.
Max,
I agree. I cannot believe how much people treat you differently b/c of your car. Immediately thinking you are a pompous a$$ or arrogant b@stard. It sucks.
I guess we need to put more ricer stickers on our ride and look younger and less conservative.

BTW,
You need to upgrade your sig picture to include your 996....
Did you get your box repainted somewhere on the Northshore?
Thanks...

Andy
Old 05-04-2008, 08:21 AM   #25
cartagena

I have lived/traveled in many 3rd world countries and keying some one's car is something that happens MUCH more in 1st world countries. Where I live now, the rich and the poor just like to come up and take photos if it or compliment it. No one has ever said one hostile word to me about it except a couple loser Americas who could not afford it anyway. Of course, damaging something this valuable here would result in a serious, serious beating if the guy was lucking enough not to key the wrong persons car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxferran
I sometimes think we live in a third world country, when people who work hard for nice toys are constantly battered by the good for nothing, low life who do things like this and do not lose a minute of sleep.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:44 PM   #26

:-(

That Blows man. I'm a 25 year old that bought a Brand New 08 Boxster S, and boy I get nasty looks because people think I got it from Mommy and Daddy.

I'm paranoid about people screwing with my car. You might consider getting paint protection film. Cheap compared to a paint job.
hqduong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 06:32 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartagena
I have lived/traveled in many 3rd world countries and keying some one's car is something that happens MUCH more in 1st world countries. Where I live now, the rich and the poor just like to come up and take photos if it or compliment it. No one has ever said one hostile word to me about it except a couple loser Americas who could not afford it anyway. Of course, damaging something this valuable here would result in a serious, serious beating if the guy was lucking enough not to key the wrong persons car.

I have always wanted to travel to a second world country but can't find any on the map?"?????

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 04:05 PM   #28
FTD

I want to move somewhere that my money goes further and the sun shines and the waters ripple. Is this an appropriate query to a thread titled 'Someone keyed my car'?
FTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 04:26 PM   #29
cartagena

The only real second world country remaining is Cuba and I have been there MANY times. I guess Chavez is trying to make Venezuala into one but he will be shot soon.

No one will scratch your car in Cuba either since the cars are so old no one would notice a scratch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
I have always wanted to travel to a second world country but can't find any on the map?"?????

Old 05-10-2008, 04:58 PM   #30
cartagena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTD
I want to move somewhere that my money goes further and the sun shines and the waters ripple. Is this an appropriate query to a thread titled 'Someone keyed my car'?
No, this is the wrong thread.

But anyway, here is a photo of the sun setting from my penthouse:

Old 05-10-2008, 06:01 PM   #31

San Diego is heaven but the liberals want to change that.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote