Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2008, 08:12 AM   #61
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche986spyder
I bet your boxster is completely stock. That's okay. I win countless trophies at every car show I go to. Trust me, I know what looks good. This is what I do for a living. I'm a designer. But everyone is entitle to there opinion. I've even had the guys at my local Porsche dealership ask me where I got my rims from, they now carry them on the show room floor.

Hilarious.

Let me send you pictures of my cloths, house, yard, haircut, girlfriend and cars and you can let me know if everything I'm doing is good looking. I'm glad there's an authority (and professional at that) on the subject.

blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:43 AM   #62

In the words of the immortal John Belushi...

Food fight!!!
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:47 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2000s
Hilarious.

Let me send you pictures of my cloths, house, yard, haircut, girlfriend and cars and you can let me know if everything I'm doing is good looking. I'm glad there's an authority (and professional at that) on the subject.
Sounds good to me. Just kidding.
porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 02:14 PM   #64

Not a fan of that bumper on the boxster...i think its because of the black lip...and im not a fan of the black rims (only because i absolutely hate any kind of black rims) but its your car so as long as you're happy I loved your old wheels though

A careful driver is one who honks his horn when he goes through a red light
-Henry Morgan
xxxalexxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 06:26 PM   #65

I love the new rims and the GT3 bumper is looking better every time I see it.
I think you did a great job.

Growing up the car magazines said how amazing Porsches are. Was I brainwashed? Somehow...I doubt it.

http://www.pcars.us/albums/10641_porsche_cars.jpg
Gary in BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 06:45 PM   #66

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary in BR
I love the new rims and the GT3 bumper is looking better every time I see it.
I think you did a great job.
I absolutely 2nd that!
01 Speed Yellow Boxster S
- Tip
- PSE
- C4S Cluster with new style OBC
- 18" with 7mm rear spacers
- Litronics
- Fully de-ambered
- LED taillights
- Aluminium Pedals
- Integrated Garage Door Opener
- 986 emblem
- Yellow brake calipers with Brembo stickers
- Yellow center console
- Aerokit II wing & trunklid
- Eibach Pro springs
In memoriam: Black 935 Street
LowFlyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:34 PM   #67

I love your car you inspired me. Kind of being a copycat here. I just got those rims. Got my gt3 bumper from tony over at Precision Porsche ..nice guy I ordered the TA side skirt though. Working on getting every thing painted now. I will post some pics when I get it done. Any installation tips on the bumper would be great. Here is a pic of my rims [IMG][/IMG]
boxster7614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:50 PM   #68

Thanks guys for the compliments. As for the install of the front bumper, make sure you test fit it first before you paint it. It will make things easier. You will definitely need and extra set of hands. Someone to hold the sides into place when you drill the mounting holes and make sure it goes back as far as possible or else you will not get a proper tight fitment. Also make sure to open and close the hood several times to get the spacing evenly across the bumper and the gaps. They should be very small and only enough to get one finger between them after you hit your trunk release button. Also make sure the bumper is centered on both sides of the hood when it's closed. It took me several times to get it perfect. Its not easy. I think it would have been easier if I had put the bottom lip on after the bumper was installed. With it on the bumper, it is not as flexible and makes it much harder to move into place and set. It may be harder to reach the bolts on the lip to install the lip that way after its mounted. But if you can get your car up on a lift and up off the ground it should be easy. Make sure to put the fog light covers on before the install unless you buy the lights and decide to install them instead. Good luck!

Last edited by porsche986spyder; 04-14-2008 at 09:37 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:53 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rareair
I must agree, the GT3 bumper just looks sweet. Definetly in the top 3 front end conversions available in today's market. My first choice is the 987 conversion, but the price is just wack. After seeeing porsche986Spyder's setup, I'll be placing my order withint he next few days.

Anybody know what wheels those are in this pic?
Wingnut2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:00 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxster7614
Got my gt3 bumper from tony over at Precision Porsche ..nice guy Any installation tips on the bumper would be great. Here is a pic of my rims
Painted up my GT3 bumper, rear diffusers, bumperettes & TechArt rear spoiler yesterday & installed everything earlier today. Everything pretty much installed without a hitch. Installed the bumper myself with the lower lip on the bumper. Only a few notibles worth mentioning.
#1, Pre fit the bumper prior to painting to get the best fitament
#2, There were a few areas that needed more clearancing. The area behind the driving light sockets interferes with the large Aluminum bar behind the bumper. And the bottom on the bumper where the plastic rivets are used to secure it t the oem factory locations.
#3, You'll need to install 997 side markers. 996/986 markers won't work. Tony (Precision Porsche) gave my a great deal on the pair when I purchased my bumper last week.
#4, Since the front bumper will be off anyway, you might as well clean up all the debris that's collected in the radiator air scoops.

I'll get pics up of my car sometime tomorrow

Last edited by Rareair; 03-18-2009 at 08:31 PM.
Rareair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:45 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rareair
Painted up my GT3 bumper, rear diffusers, bumperettes & RuF spoiler yesterday & installed everything earlier today. Everything pretty much installed without a hitch. Installed the bumper myself with the lower lip on the bumper. Only a few notibles worth mentioning.

#2, There were a few areas that needed more clearancing. The area behind the driving light sockets interferes with the large Aluminum bar behind the bumper. And the bottom on the bumper where the plastic rivets are used to secure it t the oem factory locations.
Hey I noticed this problem too. The easiest way around it and to get more clearance, is to remove the styra-foam white piece between the bumper and the Aluminum bar. It will allow for more play. I know it should probably stay, but its not going to matter much if you hit something anyway. Maybe at low speeds, but the bumper is flexible anyway, so at worst, you would have to repaint it. It will also close up the gap between the hood more and allow to push it back more to the fender. It will help close up the area around the side markers too. Good luck!
Old 01-19-2009, 07:57 PM   #72
JMP

Body Kits

Hi Everyone, The very best Porsche Body Kits in the world are made here in Cental Florida by a friend of mine who owns "Fiberwerks" - just "gogle the name" for the website and be prepared to be shocked and amazed at the quality and low prices. I am putting a complete kit on my 99 Boxster and the picture of the process are at www.petersonsoftware systems.com on the Special Projects pages check it out. Thanks
JMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 01:11 AM   #73

is this considered advertisement ? LOL ... i see the same pics I see in ebay ads .. but while you're at it, can you post a pic of that kit from the front ? no angles .. just straight on ?
nefarious986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:26 PM   #74

I'm going to have pics of my bumper on soon. But what we did with this issue was just take a electric hand saw and took out about 3 inches off the ends of the aluminum bar. No need to remove the styrafoam. Slapped on the bumper and fit pretty nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche986spyder
Hey I noticed this problem too. The easiest way around it and to get more clearance, is to remove the styra-foam white piece between the bumper and the Aluminum bar. It will allow for more play. I know it should probably stay, but its not going to matter much if you hit something anyway. Maybe at low speeds, but the bumper is flexible anyway, so at worst, you would have to repaint it. It will also close up the gap between the hood more and allow to push it back more to the fender. It will help close up the area around the side markers too. Good luck!
joee76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:30 AM   #75

Everybody gets to define their own race car, there's no need for disputes. I like the wheels, I like HRE wheels a lot but the prices are insane and not in a cray eddie way either..
eightsandaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:31 AM   #76

luv it

I luv the bumper! Great job! What rims are those? And Have you had the chance to get the new skirts yet? I'd love to see new pis!
CVstarBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:47 AM   #77

I realize this is a thread ressurection, but I noticed the pictures of the car have the black honeycomb pieces removed from the roll-bar. Do you (or anyone who has done this) notice any problems at speed with this?

I'm considering removing them, and even the plastic windscreen, simply to stop their incessant movement and to prevent the fear of losing them at high speeds. I had one black honeycomb pop out when I was doing about 40mph, and thank god it just floated on top of the convertible top area....I was able to retrieve it

Joe

06 Civic SI - 114k miles, D.D., unbelievably reliable and fun to beat on everyday.

08 Legacy GT 5spd - 74k miles.
JoeFromPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:42 AM   #78

Looks awesome....
Old 08-23-2010, 04:01 PM   #79

Smile GT bumper

I likes it. Only mod would be to take off the plastic covering of the signal lights and installing driving light in there.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:43 PM   #80
JTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromPA
I realize this is a thread ressurection, but I noticed the pictures of the car have the black honeycomb pieces removed from the roll-bar. Do you (or anyone who has done this) notice any problems at speed with this?

I'm considering removing them, and even the plastic windscreen, simply to stop their incessant movement and to prevent the fear of losing them at high speeds. I had one black honeycomb pop out when I was doing about 40mph, and thank god it just floated on top of the convertible top area....I was able to retrieve it

Joe
I removed my windscreen and I like it better. The glare off that plexi was driving me nuts. The increased wind into the cabin doesn't bother me much and was considering of taking the mesh inserts out too but I like the way they look so I will keep them on.

JTP is offline   Reply With Quote