Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2008, 06:49 PM   #21

I must agree, the GT3 bumper just looks sweet. Definetly in the top 3 front end conversions available in today's market. My first choice is the 987 conversion, but the price is just wack. After seeeing porsche986Spyder's setup, I'll be placing my order withint he next few days.

Rareair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:56 PM   #22

Can't seem to find any items from Precision Porsche on eBay. Anyone got a link or is there not anything currently up 4-sale on ebay?
Rareair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:01 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSL-Boxster
Are the bumper and the lip two separate pieces or is it attached as one when you buy it? I really like the look of it but i don't like how the lip bulges out towards the edges. I would totally buy this bumper if it's a 2 piece just in case I'd want to change the lip.

And does the bumper come to you already painted to the matching stock paint of your car? If it doesn't what paint would I have to use and how could i get it?

-- could you tell me where you got the PORSCHE sticker for your front window??
Thanks!

Okay, first the bumper and lower lip are removeable. They come bolted together, but you can seperate them once you get the bumper. As for the paint, no bumper will ever be sold as color matching before you get it. That area is just to large to blend in with your fenders and color match. I brought my gas cap lid with the bumper when I had it painted so I could just leave it with the painter and keep driving my car. The porsche window decal was one of my own custom desings I did myself. Can't buy it anyplace. Sorry.
porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:04 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rareair
Can't seem to find any items from Precision Porsche on eBay. Anyone got a link or is there not anything currently up 4-sale on ebay?
I think they don't have any up for sale right now. But if you cal precision and ask for Tony, tell him you saw the ad a few weeks ago and he can help you from there.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:21 AM   #25

i like your old bumper more
Old 02-27-2008, 12:27 PM   #26
HB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtaboy
Hate to say, but I actually prefer the look of your old bumper over this one. I'm not a fan of the area where there usually are turn signal lamps on the 997 GT3 bumper. Maybe if they filled in that area so that there is no creased outline? Regardless, still a great looking car....

I agree with you 100% on this one.
HB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:49 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB.
I agree with you 100% on this one.
Everyone is entitled to there own opinion. So far you 2 guys are the only ones that don't like the new bumper.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:12 PM   #28

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
So when do you plan on getting an 04 boxster rear bumper or installing rear diffusers???

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:48 PM   #29
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
I like your new bumper. It definitely updates the look of the car a few years.
But I am not wild about the covers, I would install the lights, and wire them up to your fog lights, or something similar. I wouldn't be too hard.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:49 PM   #30
HB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche986spyder
Everyone is entitled to there own opinion. So far you 2 guys are the only ones that don't like the new bumper.

I like the bumper execpt the portion where the lights would go on the 997 GT3. Maybe it would look good if some lights could be placed there or something. Everything else flows very nice.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:56 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB.
I like the bumper execpt the portion where the lights would go on the 997 GT3. Maybe it would look good if some lights could be placed there or something. Everything else flows very nice.
Did you not scrole down to see the images of the REAL 997 GT-3 Cup cars with the headlight covers? Looks exactly the same. Look at the begining of this post they are on the first page. They cover up the fog lights just like I did.

Last edited by porsche986spyder; 02-27-2008 at 04:02 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:58 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Boxster
So when do you plan on getting an 04 boxster rear bumper or installing rear diffusers???
I have rear diffusers. They are black carbon fiber so they are kind of hard to see. Next plan is to get the GT-3 rear bumper.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:32 PM   #33
HB.

Quote:
Did you not scrole down to see the images of the REAL 997 GT-3 Cup cars with the headlight covers? Looks exactly the same. Look at the begining of this post they are on the first page. They cover up the fog lights just like I did.

Yes, I saw the pics, but I never said I liked them either I like the street version with the lights. As you pointed out, it's my opinion. Now if there was a option to add the lights, I would all over that bumper with the quickness.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:19 PM   #34

Nothing else to say but HOT!!!!!!!
Gemballa red face gauges ..(FOR SALE)

http://i28.tinypic.com/2zzlq29.jpg
986speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:20 PM   #35

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
i would have to agree as well, some lights instead of those covers would make this much better.
it looks OK on the pics posted above, buy on ur car its just not working (well my opniion only0
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:23 PM   #36
Porscheectomy

Quote:
I'd think that typically, if someone doesn't like it, he/she simply won't say anything.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:34 PM   #37
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
It is all a matter of choice. Some people like one thing, others do not. You have to drive your car, so as long your happy with it it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks.
Don't succumb to peer pressure!
Old 02-27-2008, 06:42 PM   #38

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
heres something for those that would like to see what this would look like:
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:18 PM   #39

This is not a reflection on your car. If you like it that's all that matters. The color match and panel fit look spot on. You obviously invested a lot of time and energy in the project and you should be proud of the results.

But I think that in general all Porsches tend to have too much front overhang (including my stock Boxster). 911s are the worst. Look at them in profile and notice how short the wheelbase is. Compare its profile to almost any other modern sports car and you'll see what I mean.

Grafting the GT3 nose onto the Boxster makes the front overhang much more visually apparent. Which doesn't work for me.

Just my opinion, so please don't take offense.

Regards,
Alan
renzop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:31 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB.
Yes, I saw the pics, but I never said I liked them either I like the street version with the lights. As you pointed out, it's my opinion. Now if there was a option to add the lights, I would all over that bumper with the quickness.
You can add the lights to this bumper. But trust me all that glas does not work with the shape of our headlights. It works great with the shape of the round 997 stock ones. And like I said if you want them completely deleted, you can buy the one sold at NR Auto.