Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2008, 01:58 PM   #21

Congrats! I suggest you guys emboss this:

Old 02-29-2008, 10:09 AM   #22

Send a message via Yahoo to TimAustinW
What's the word on the tinted wind deflector for the 986?
02 Seal Grey, NHP Headers w/ Highflow Cats/2ndary Bypass Pipes, smoked side markers/3rd brake light, exterior match interior trim, 986 Lloyds Mats, 986 deck lid emblem, arctic silver intake grills, ipod link, painted calipers, Glass Window Robbins Top with defroster kit, Bose Sound System, Leather lower door panels, Console Lid w embroidered crest; Stainless door sills; Painted Bumperettes; Custom Hood Crest
TimAustinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:12 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAustinW
What's the word on the tinted wind deflector for the 986?
I talked with their Director of Sales and he's going to get me the tinted wind deflector for my car. It sounded like they had made prototypes and were just waiting on production quantities of the raw material. On Monday he told me it would be about a week.

He's also going to let me do whatever custom design I want on the wind deflector, in color too. Only problem is that my SO and I can't come up with anything for the life of us. My car is totally de-badged except for a red "S" on the rear trunk. So I don't really want anything that says "Porsche" or "Boxster S", etc. I was thinking about something more subtle, like a big red "S" or "No Substitute", maybe "Gemballa" since I have their body kit. Since I've got the wild Gemballa body kit, CF hood, and clear LED tail lights I was also thinking of "Schnell Reis" (I may have spelled that wrong) which is German for Fast Rice. :P Or how about "Deutscher Reis" for German Rice.

Any suggestions on what kind of graphics or words to have them make for me?
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:24 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk
I talked with their Director of Sales and he's going to get me the tinted wind deflector for my car. It sounded like they had made prototypes and were just waiting on production quantities of the raw material. On Monday he told me it would be about a week.

He's also going to let me do whatever custom design I want on the wind deflector, in color too. Only problem is that my SO and I can't come up with anything for the life of us. My car is totally de-badged except for a red "S" on the rear trunk. So I don't really want anything that says "Porsche" or "Boxster S", etc. I was thinking about something more subtle, like a big red "S" or "No Substitute", maybe "Gemballa" since I have their body kit. Since I've got the wild Gemballa body kit, CF hood, and clear LED tail lights I was also thinking of "Schnell Reis" (I may have spelled that wrong) which is German for Fast Rice. :P Or how about "Deutscher Reis" for German Rice.

Any suggestions on what kind of graphics or words to have them make for me?

I like the passive aggressiveness of your ideas.
Schell Reis and Deutscher Reis are both very good. Not many will get it but you will and the people who do get the joke will love it.

A large S emblazzend across the restrictor in red would be nice and ad to the confusion of what kind of car you have.

Why not a large S and Deutscher Reis across the bottom. Both in red to contrast. But grey or silver etching would look classier to me.

Have fun.

Gary

A few weeks ago I was talking to them about doing a tinted windscreen with red "PORSCHE" on the bottom centered. I am going to wait and see how dark the one you get is. I want mine very dark like the tinted windscreen I have now.

Growing up the car magazines said how amazing Porsches are. Was I brainwashed? Somehow...I doubt it.

http://www.pcars.us/albums/10641_porsche_cars.jpg
Gary in BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:33 PM   #25

I think a nice red "S" in the lower-right corner would look pretty subtle and cool, along with not hindering rearward visibility.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:42 PM   #26

I kinda like the 3rd picture in post #9- the silhouette. But I would have it etched at the bottom of the deflector. Maybe a little smaller. Plus it'll look the same in the rear view mirror.
Just my 2 cents.
derb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:44 PM   #27

Here was one of my ideas, for a black tinted windscreen...

My license plate is up for renewal and I really wanted to get "NOSUBS2", but it's not available. This is kind of a substitute for that... oh, wait there is "no" substitute. Um, I guess this is just another option anyway.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:48 PM   #28

I would think you were the most pompous **************************** in the world if you had that on your car.

More practically, I'd be worried about people bangin' up your car with that on it!
Old 03-01-2008, 03:14 PM   #29

Quote:
Here was one of my ideas, for a black tinted windscreen...

My license plate is up for renewal and I really wanted to get "NOSUBS2", but it's not available. This is kind of a substitute for that... oh, wait there is "no" substitute. Um, I guess this is just another option anyway.
oh man kirk, I mean to each his own but that's right there with "No fear" and Calvin pissing on the ford/chevy.....
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:06 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by super66
oh man kirk, I mean to each his own but that's right there with "No fear" and Calvin pissing on the ford/chevy.....
Cool guys. Glad to get the feedback. I guess I can see how "No Substitute" would be a bit snobish. I'll pass on that idea.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:53 AM   #31

Quote:
Cool guys. Glad to get the feedback. I guess I can see how "No Substitute" would be a bit snobish. I'll pass on that idea.

I dont think "no Subsitute"is bad at all. It does not seem snobish to me.
Maybe just the words without the lcrest? That may look better.

Another option may be "excellence"

Growing up the car magazines said how amazing Porsches are. Was I brainwashed? Somehow...I doubt it.

Old 03-02-2008, 11:11 AM   #32

A friend of mine suggested I get a decal for the spoiler that says:
"Anhalten mich !" which he translates (roughly, I am sure) as ARREST ME!

Feel free to use that on your windstop!
CT986S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:05 PM   #33

What do you guys think of these designs for a tinted wind deflector? I'm leaning toward the first one.

this one I thought was a bit much...

or one for the forum...

and one last one...
02 Seal Grey, NHP Headers w/ Highflow Cats/2ndary Bypass Pipes, smoked side markers/3rd brake light, exterior match interior trim, 986 Lloyds Mats, 986 deck lid emblem, arctic silver intake grills, ipod link, painted calipers, Glass Window Robbins Top with defroster kit, Bose Sound System, Leather lower door panels, Console Lid w embroidered crest; Stainless door sills; Painted Bumperettes; Custom Hood Crest

Last edited by TimAustinW; 03-02-2008 at 07:32 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:35 PM   #34

I like the 3rd one.
986forum.com

All of them look great. any of them and you should be happy.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:39 PM   #35

i wouldn't use any without the full porsche badge

i see them and think.. uh.. wtf are those? that would just be like putting gold/red stripes... it's no relevance without the whole thing...

looks more like ferrari to me, since they sometimes use just the prancing horse image alone

http://images.google.com/images?gbv=2&hl=en&q=ferrari+logo

If people came from apes, why are there still apes?
lucky_topher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:02 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_topher
i wouldn't use any without the full porsche badge

i see them and think.. uh.. wtf are those? that would just be like putting gold/red stripes... it's no relevance without the whole thing...

looks more like ferrari to me, since they sometimes use just the prancing horse image alone
I hear ya. It does kinda look like Ferrari. I'm trying to come up with something that has the flavor of the porsche logo without being too much like the original. I have porsche logos all over the car. So I wanna do something different but still fits in the design of the Porsche identity.

So, what if you went full blown with Porsche logo elements? Too "foo foo"?

Old 03-02-2008, 08:06 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAustinW
I hear ya. It does kinda look like Ferrari. I'm trying to come up with something that has the flavor of the porsche logo without being too much like the original. I have porsche logos all over the car. So I wanna do something different but still fits in the design of the Porsche identity.

So, what if you went full blown with Porsche logo elements? Too "foo foo"?
see i've NEVER associated the horse w/ porsche... just a full crest...

how about a boxster silhouette/outline?

If people came from apes, why are there still apes?
lucky_topher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:56 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_topher
see i've NEVER associated the horse w/ porsche... just a full crest...

how about a boxster silhouette/outline?
Like this one?

not for me. looking for something a little more classic roadster. It's kinda weird to me to have a graphic of your car ON your car. I know the horse isn't the first recognizable icon of Porsche. The badge is, but the horse is on the badge. Now I think I'm leaning towards my last design I posted.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:49 PM   #39

I'll be posting all of our different options tomorrow including tinted, real glass look, blue, green and last but not least- PINK! (per request)

First we will be signing up for our supporting vendor status so that we are official.

Thanks to Brucelee and Rkwei for allowing us to generate feedback and input with this giveaway promotion.

And to answer a popular question before we begin, yes we can make any design that someone requests. Each design that is not on our drop down menu will be considered a "custom design". We can not promote several logos on our website for obvious reasons but we are open to any design a person may come up with. Feel free to email us with graphic designs for any suggestions you may need or questions you may have. Several new photos will be available tomorrow or Saturday of all of our options.
Windrestrictor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:54 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windrestrictor
I'll be posting all of our different options tomorrow including tinted, real glass look, blue, green and last but not least- PINK! (per request)

Did these pics ever get posted and what's the word on the tinted wind restrictor?