986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Free product giveaway Must See! = ) (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/15511-free-product-giveaway-must-see-%3D.html)

Windrestrictor 02-20-2008 01:44 PM

Free product giveaway Must See! = )

Windrestrictor is giving away 2 FREE totally customized wind deflectors for the Porsche Boxster 986 .

Here's how it will work.

Simply send us an email to Sales@windrestrictor.com with this as the email subject. (Entry for FREE WR Drawing) (986forum members only)

Please submit only one email per person. (You will receive a confirmation of entry)

We will be drawing 2 lucky winners to have their own customized Windrestrictor produced by our company here in Dallas TX. Keep in mind, we are not limiting the designs to the options that are on our site. You can choose any design you want to be laser etched into the acrylic.

Also, Windrestrictor will be releasing a tinted option in one week and the winners of this drawing will have the opportunity to choose from one of these new release options.

This is an attempt to gain feedback for our newly released product. I've been in contact with the administrators and we've agreed this is a good way to do it. As many of you already know, we've designed a custom WR for one of the members already at no charge but we feel 3 giveaways should provide us with plenty of quality feedback. :)

Date of Drawing is this Saturday the 23rd. Feb. Good luck!

Please direct all questions or comments to Sales@windrestrictor.com
Our supporting vendor status has not been initiated as of yet, so this will be the only post I make regarding our product.

Thanks so much to all of you that have inquired so far, emails will be accepted starting now!

Have a wonderful evening you guys.

Stephen Pennington
Director of Sales
Windrestrictor

rkwei 02-21-2008 03:18 AM

Steve,
Thanks for posting this. It's a great way to introduce yourself to the members.

RKwei

rkwei 02-21-2008 03:19 AM

Steve,
Can you add a picture of one?

timothy 02-21-2008 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkwei
Steve,
Can you add a picture of one?

This thread has several photos of the one Windrestrictor custom etched for me.
http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/15038-laser-etched-wind-deflector.html

Windrestrictor 02-21-2008 03:52 PM

We've received 21 Entries as of 6pm today central.

We'll be drawing Saturday afternoon and the 2 winners will be revealed.

I'll post some photos tomorrow. Also, I'll post some when our first production is ran on our tinted screns. These screens will produce an "edge lit" appearance even in the day time. (not illuminated) But a very nice concept.

As for the 2 free give aways, if you have not received confirmation on your entry then we did not receive your email. I wrote each and everyone back individually confirming entry.

Thanks so much guys!

eslai 02-21-2008 05:42 PM

Hey, your website shows a 987 instead of a 986 on the main page, even though the link leads to your 986 product. What's up with that--do you have product for the 987 then?

trogdor 02-21-2008 06:19 PM

This product looks pretty cool so I entered!

One question though - if you never had the OEM wind deflector, does this come with clips to mount to the roll bar? I assume drilling is required so is that pretty easy to get straight?

timothy 02-21-2008 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trogdor
One question though - if you never had the OEM wind deflector, does this come with clips to mount to the roll bar?

Windrestrictor provides the clear acrylic portion. You have to reuse the plastic holder from the OEM deflector. Short answer: no.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eslai
Hey, your website shows a 987 instead of a 986 on the main page, even though the link leads to your 986 product. What's up with that--do you have product for the 987 then?

They only make one for the 986.

Windrestrictor 02-22-2008 03:07 PM

34 Entries as of 6pm Central Standard

Drawing will be tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks for the postings Timothy. I'll be on more once we secure our supporting vendor status.

Here's a few photos of some of our work. We offer the custom laser ethed and multiple color etching. next week we will carry our tinted/color shaded screens. I will post more photos then. I ask that no one contact us regarding sales until we are official supporters. Thanks so much guys! :)

[IMG]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...r/boxter_2.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...r/Boxter_6.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...r/Boxter_4.jpg[/IMG]

We have hundreds of images of our laser etchings on our custom image gallery. We've also incorporated silver and gold etchings.

Have a great weekend!

eslai 02-22-2008 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timothy
Windrestrictor provides the clear acrylic portion. You have to reuse the plastic holder from the OEM deflector. Short answer: no.

They only make one for the 986.

Well, then someone in their web graphics department needs to get their act together. They used a 987 photo and slapped "Introductory Rate!" on it, along with a cliche "outer glow" effect from photoshop. :)

Cool product (I *especially* love the guiness logo), ugly website!

Windrestrictor 02-23-2008 11:31 AM

Eslai,

Thanks for your good feedback on our website.

Rest of members,

Drawing will be at 3PM CENTRAL STANDARD. Stay tuned! (Must be 986forum member to win) Drawing will be announced by displaying either a FORUM NAME, or the first part of an email if you did not leave forum name. No more entries will be accepted after 15 minutes from now. Please no double entries...

Good luck! :cheers:

Also, we will change the photo on home page. Our webmaster is not fluent with body styles....

Windrestrictor 02-23-2008 11:34 AM

38 Entries !!!

these are good odds....

Sputter 02-23-2008 11:48 AM

I used an alternate addy because I wasn't sure it was on the level. :) Mind you i did get the confirmation. :cheers:

Windrestrictor 02-23-2008 12:12 PM

We Have Winners!!!

Here are our 2 winners...

1. Chaudanova
2. Kbristol

Emails have been sent to you with confirmation. If you are not forum members then we will be drawing 2 more. Please make posting to confirm you are members.....

Congratulations!!! :cheers:

Everyone else, thank you so much for your interest in our product. We will be in contact with the owners Monday to talk about vendorship and a possible pre-sale/group discount.

Please call us so that we can explain how this will work.
972-487-5987
Windrestrictor

Sputter 02-23-2008 12:15 PM

grats guys

jderiansf 02-23-2008 01:07 PM

Congratulations to the winners. . .
but
How'd I miss this original post? Ah well, :rolleyes:

Jason

chaudanova 02-23-2008 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windrestrictor
Here are our 2 winners...

1. Chaudanova
2. Kbristol

Emails have been sent to you with confirmation. If you are not forum members then we will be drawing 2 more. Please make posting to confirm you are members.....

Congratulations!!! :cheers:

Everyone else, thank you so much for your interest in our product. We will be in contact with the owners Monday to talk about vendorship and a possible pre-sale/group discount.

Please call us so that we can explain how this will work.
972-487-5987
Windrestrictor

That'd be me! WOOOOHOOOO!!!! Awesome, this is very cool. Sounds great, should I give you a call during business hours? Monday, perhaps?

Thanks again!

:cheers:

Kirk 02-24-2008 09:43 AM

The second winner "kbristol" is me. EXCELLENT! I swear I haven't ever won anything in my life. I'll give you guys a call on Monday.

rkwei 02-25-2008 05:03 AM

Congrats guys,
Let us know how they work out.

RKwei

chaudanova 02-25-2008 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkwei
Congrats guys,
Let us know how they work out.

RKwei

Thanks RKwei, will do!