986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Free product giveaway Must See! = ) (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/15511-free-product-giveaway-must-see-%3D.html)

Windrestrictor 02-20-2008 01:44 PM

Free product giveaway Must See! = )

Windrestrictor is giving away 2 FREE totally customized wind deflectors for the Porsche Boxster 986 .

Here's how it will work.

Simply send us an email to Sales@windrestrictor.com with this as the email subject. (Entry for FREE WR Drawing) (986forum members only)

Please submit only one email per person. (You will receive a confirmation of entry)

We will be drawing 2 lucky winners to have their own customized Windrestrictor produced by our company here in Dallas TX. Keep in mind, we are not limiting the designs to the options that are on our site. You can choose any design you want to be laser etched into the acrylic.

Also, Windrestrictor will be releasing a tinted option in one week and the winners of this drawing will have the opportunity to choose from one of these new release options.

This is an attempt to gain feedback for our newly released product. I've been in contact with the administrators and we've agreed this is a good way to do it. As many of you already know, we've designed a custom WR for one of the members already at no charge but we feel 3 giveaways should provide us with plenty of quality feedback. :)

Date of Drawing is this Saturday the 23rd. Feb. Good luck!

Please direct all questions or comments to Sales@windrestrictor.com
Our supporting vendor status has not been initiated as of yet, so this will be the only post I make regarding our product.

Thanks so much to all of you that have inquired so far, emails will be accepted starting now!

Have a wonderful evening you guys.

Stephen Pennington
Director of Sales
Windrestrictor

rkwei 02-21-2008 03:18 AM

Steve,
Thanks for posting this. It's a great way to introduce yourself to the members.

RKwei

rkwei 02-21-2008 03:19 AM

Steve,
Can you add a picture of one?

timothy 02-21-2008 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkwei
Steve,
Can you add a picture of one?

This thread has several photos of the one Windrestrictor custom etched for me.
http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/15038-laser-etched-wind-deflector.html

Windrestrictor 02-21-2008 03:52 PM

We've received 21 Entries as of 6pm today central.

We'll be drawing Saturday afternoon and the 2 winners will be revealed.

I'll post some photos tomorrow. Also, I'll post some when our first production is ran on our tinted screns. These screens will produce an "edge lit" appearance even in the day time. (not illuminated) But a very nice concept.

As for the 2 free give aways, if you have not received confirmation on your entry then we did not receive your email. I wrote each and everyone back individually confirming entry.

Thanks so much guys!

eslai 02-21-2008 05:42 PM

Hey, your website shows a 987 instead of a 986 on the main page, even though the link leads to your 986 product. What's up with that--do you have product for the 987 then?

trogdor 02-21-2008 06:19 PM

This product looks pretty cool so I entered!

One question though - if you never had the OEM wind deflector, does this come with clips to mount to the roll bar? I assume drilling is required so is that pretty easy to get straight?

timothy 02-21-2008 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trogdor
One question though - if you never had the OEM wind deflector, does this come with clips to mount to the roll bar?

Windrestrictor provides the clear acrylic portion. You have to reuse the plastic holder from the OEM deflector. Short answer: no.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eslai
Hey, your website shows a 987 instead of a 986 on the main page, even though the link leads to your 986 product. What's up with that--do you have product for the 987 then?

They only make one for the 986.

Windrestrictor 02-22-2008 03:07 PM

34 Entries as of 6pm Central Standard

Drawing will be tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks for the postings Timothy. I'll be on more once we secure our supporting vendor status.

Here's a few photos of some of our work. We offer the custom laser ethed and multiple color etching. next week we will carry our tinted/color shaded screens. I will post more photos then. I ask that no one contact us regarding sales until we are official supporters. Thanks so much guys! :)

[IMG]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...r/boxter_2.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...r/Boxter_6.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...r/Boxter_4.jpg[/IMG]

We have hundreds of images of our laser etchings on our custom image gallery. We've also incorporated silver and gold etchings.

Have a great weekend!

eslai 02-22-2008 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timothy
Windrestrictor provides the clear acrylic portion. You have to reuse the plastic holder from the OEM deflector. Short answer: no.

They only make one for the 986.

Well, then someone in their web graphics department needs to get their act together. They used a 987 photo and slapped "Introductory Rate!" on it, along with a cliche "outer glow" effect from photoshop. :)

Cool product (I *especially* love the guiness logo), ugly website!

Windrestrictor 02-23-2008 11:31 AM

Eslai,

Thanks for your good feedback on our website.

Rest of members,

Drawing will be at 3PM CENTRAL STANDARD. Stay tuned! (Must be 986forum member to win) Drawing will be announced by displaying either a FORUM NAME, or the first part of an email if you did not leave forum name. No more entries will be accepted after 15 minutes from now. Please no double entries...

Good luck! :cheers:

Also, we will change the photo on home page. Our webmaster is not fluent with body styles....

Windrestrictor 02-23-2008 11:34 AM

38 Entries !!!

these are good odds....

Sputter 02-23-2008 11:48 AM

I used an alternate addy because I wasn't sure it was on the level. :) Mind you i did get the confirmation. :cheers:

Windrestrictor 02-23-2008 12:12 PM

We Have Winners!!!

Here are our 2 winners...

1. Chaudanova
2. Kbristol

Emails have been sent to you with confirmation. If you are not forum members then we will be drawing 2 more. Please make posting to confirm you are members.....

Congratulations!!! :cheers:

Everyone else, thank you so much for your interest in our product. We will be in contact with the owners Monday to talk about vendorship and a possible pre-sale/group discount.

Please call us so that we can explain how this will work.
972-487-5987
Windrestrictor

Sputter 02-23-2008 12:15 PM

grats guys

jderiansf 02-23-2008 01:07 PM

Congratulations to the winners. . .
but
How'd I miss this original post? Ah well, :rolleyes:

Jason

chaudanova 02-23-2008 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windrestrictor
Here are our 2 winners...

1. Chaudanova
2. Kbristol

Emails have been sent to you with confirmation. If you are not forum members then we will be drawing 2 more. Please make posting to confirm you are members.....

Congratulations!!! :cheers:

Everyone else, thank you so much for your interest in our product. We will be in contact with the owners Monday to talk about vendorship and a possible pre-sale/group discount.

Please call us so that we can explain how this will work.
972-487-5987
Windrestrictor

That'd be me! WOOOOHOOOO!!!! Awesome, this is very cool. Sounds great, should I give you a call during business hours? Monday, perhaps?

Thanks again!

:cheers:

Kirk 02-24-2008 09:43 AM

The second winner "kbristol" is me. EXCELLENT! I swear I haven't ever won anything in my life. I'll give you guys a call on Monday.

rkwei 02-25-2008 05:03 AM

Congrats guys,
Let us know how they work out.

RKwei

chaudanova 02-25-2008 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkwei
Congrats guys,
Let us know how they work out.

RKwei

Thanks RKwei, will do!

eslai 02-25-2008 01:58 PM

Congrats! I suggest you guys emboss this:

http://slog.thestranger.com/files/20...rl-Posters.jpg

;)

TimAustinW 02-29-2008 10:09 AM

What's the word on the tinted wind deflector for the 986?

Kirk 02-29-2008 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimAustinW
What's the word on the tinted wind deflector for the 986?

I talked with their Director of Sales and he's going to get me the tinted wind deflector for my car. It sounded like they had made prototypes and were just waiting on production quantities of the raw material. On Monday he told me it would be about a week.

He's also going to let me do whatever custom design I want on the wind deflector, in color too. Only problem is that my SO and I can't come up with anything for the life of us. My car is totally de-badged except for a red "S" on the rear trunk. So I don't really want anything that says "Porsche" or "Boxster S", etc. I was thinking about something more subtle, like a big red "S" or "No Substitute", maybe "Gemballa" since I have their body kit. Since I've got the wild Gemballa body kit, CF hood, and clear LED tail lights I was also thinking of "Schnell Reis" (I may have spelled that wrong) which is German for Fast Rice. :P Or how about "Deutscher Reis" for German Rice.

Any suggestions on what kind of graphics or words to have them make for me?

Gary in BR 02-29-2008 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirk
I talked with their Director of Sales and he's going to get me the tinted wind deflector for my car. It sounded like they had made prototypes and were just waiting on production quantities of the raw material. On Monday he told me it would be about a week.

He's also going to let me do whatever custom design I want on the wind deflector, in color too. Only problem is that my SO and I can't come up with anything for the life of us. My car is totally de-badged except for a red "S" on the rear trunk. So I don't really want anything that says "Porsche" or "Boxster S", etc. I was thinking about something more subtle, like a big red "S" or "No Substitute", maybe "Gemballa" since I have their body kit. Since I've got the wild Gemballa body kit, CF hood, and clear LED tail lights I was also thinking of "Schnell Reis" (I may have spelled that wrong) which is German for Fast Rice. :P Or how about "Deutscher Reis" for German Rice.

Any suggestions on what kind of graphics or words to have them make for me?

I like the passive aggressiveness of your ideas.
Schell Reis and Deutscher Reis are both very good. Not many will get it but you will and the people who do get the joke will love it.

A large S emblazzend across the restrictor in red would be nice and ad to the confusion of what kind of car you have.

Why not a large S and Deutscher Reis across the bottom. Both in red to contrast. But grey or silver etching would look classier to me.

Have fun.

Gary

A few weeks ago I was talking to them about doing a tinted windscreen with red "PORSCHE" on the bottom centered. I am going to wait and see how dark the one you get is. I want mine very dark like the tinted windscreen I have now.

eslai 02-29-2008 01:33 PM

I think a nice red "S" in the lower-right corner would look pretty subtle and cool, along with not hindering rearward visibility.

derb 02-29-2008 02:42 PM

I kinda like the 3rd picture in post #9- the silhouette. But I would have it etched at the bottom of the deflector. Maybe a little smaller. Plus it'll look the same in the rear view mirror.
Just my 2 cents.

Kirk 02-29-2008 03:44 PM

Here was one of my ideas, for a black tinted windscreen...

My license plate is up for renewal and I really wanted to get "NOSUBS2", but it's not available. This is kind of a substitute for that... oh, wait there is "no" substitute. Um, I guess this is just another option anyway.

eslai 02-29-2008 04:48 PM

I would think you were the most pompous **************************** in the world if you had that on your car. :)

More practically, I'd be worried about people bangin' up your car with that on it!

super66 03-01-2008 03:14 PM

Quote:

Here was one of my ideas, for a black tinted windscreen...

My license plate is up for renewal and I really wanted to get "NOSUBS2", but it's not available. This is kind of a substitute for that... oh, wait there is "no" substitute. Um, I guess this is just another option anyway.

oh man kirk, I mean to each his own but that's right there with "No fear" and Calvin pissing on the ford/chevy.....

Kirk 03-01-2008 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by super66
oh man kirk, I mean to each his own but that's right there with "No fear" and Calvin pissing on the ford/chevy.....

Cool guys. Glad to get the feedback. I guess I can see how "No Substitute" would be a bit snobish. I'll pass on that idea.

Gary in BR 03-02-2008 10:53 AM

Quote:

Cool guys. Glad to get the feedback. I guess I can see how "No Substitute" would be a bit snobish. I'll pass on that idea.

I dont think "no Subsitute"is bad at all. It does not seem snobish to me.
Maybe just the words without the lcrest? That may look better.

Another option may be "excellence"

CT986S 03-02-2008 11:11 AM

A friend of mine suggested I get a decal for the spoiler that says:
"Anhalten mich !" which he translates (roughly, I am sure) as ARREST ME!

Feel free to use that on your windstop! :D

TimAustinW 03-02-2008 06:05 PM

What do you guys think of these designs for a tinted wind deflector? I'm leaning toward the first one.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...ddeflector.jpg

this one I thought was a bit much...

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...deflectorB.jpg

or one for the forum... :cheers: ;)

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...deflectorC.jpg

and one last one...
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...deflectorD.jpg

Gary in BR 03-02-2008 07:35 PM

I like the 3rd one.
986forum.com

All of them look great. any of them and you should be happy.

lucky_topher 03-02-2008 07:39 PM

i wouldn't use any without the full porsche badge

i see them and think.. uh.. wtf are those? that would just be like putting gold/red stripes... it's no relevance without the whole thing...

looks more like ferrari to me, since they sometimes use just the prancing horse image alone

http://images.google.com/images?gbv=2&hl=en&q=ferrari+logo

TimAustinW 03-02-2008 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucky_topher
i wouldn't use any without the full porsche badge

i see them and think.. uh.. wtf are those? that would just be like putting gold/red stripes... it's no relevance without the whole thing...

looks more like ferrari to me, since they sometimes use just the prancing horse image alone

I hear ya. It does kinda look like Ferrari. I'm trying to come up with something that has the flavor of the porsche logo without being too much like the original. I have porsche logos all over the car. So I wanna do something different but still fits in the design of the Porsche identity.

So, what if you went full blown with Porsche logo elements? Too "foo foo"?

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...deflectorE.jpg

lucky_topher 03-02-2008 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimAustinW
I hear ya. It does kinda look like Ferrari. I'm trying to come up with something that has the flavor of the porsche logo without being too much like the original. I have porsche logos all over the car. So I wanna do something different but still fits in the design of the Porsche identity.

So, what if you went full blown with Porsche logo elements? Too "foo foo"?

see i've NEVER associated the horse w/ porsche... just a full crest...

how about a boxster silhouette/outline?

TimAustinW 03-03-2008 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucky_topher
see i've NEVER associated the horse w/ porsche... just a full crest...

how about a boxster silhouette/outline?

Like this one?
http://www.dynamicautoconcepts.com/P...g/Boxter_4.jpg

not for me. looking for something a little more classic roadster. It's kinda weird to me to have a graphic of your car ON your car. I know the horse isn't the first recognizable icon of Porsche. The badge is, but the horse is on the badge. Now I think I'm leaning towards my last design I posted.

Windrestrictor 03-06-2008 06:49 PM

I'll be posting all of our different options tomorrow including tinted, real glass look, blue, green and last but not least- PINK! (per request) :rolleyes:

First we will be signing up for our supporting vendor status so that we are official.

Thanks to Brucelee and Rkwei for allowing us to generate feedback and input with this giveaway promotion.

And to answer a popular question before we begin, yes we can make any design that someone requests. Each design that is not on our drop down menu will be considered a "custom design". We can not promote several logos on our website for obvious reasons but we are open to any design a person may come up with. Feel free to email us with graphic designs for any suggestions you may need or questions you may have. Several new photos will be available tomorrow or Saturday of all of our options.

TimAustinW 03-10-2008 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windrestrictor
I'll be posting all of our different options tomorrow including tinted, real glass look, blue, green and last but not least- PINK! (per request)

Did these pics ever get posted and what's the word on the tinted wind restrictor?