Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2008, 06:16 PM   #61

spoke with maupin (the photographer)...

he wants to do a boxster photo shoot sometime... will take group shots, individual shots, and rolling shots... we just need to set it up

If people came from apes, why are there still apes?
lucky_topher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:54 PM   #62

I'm in for a photoshoot. Those pics looked great and I have an awful hard time taking decent looking shots of my car. Would be awesome to have some of them like Maupin pictures.

Mike
thenavarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:26 PM   #63

The Date

make the date far enough in advance so we can make plans...

But Im all for a boxster shoot....would be neet if we could get atleast 10 cars together which would be impressive.

Chris
Dohertycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:54 AM   #64

Hi guys... anyone going to the meet today? It's kinda blustery out there but no rain yet. I have a new toy to show off, so if the rain holds off until this evening, I'll be out there at 2:00.
cs jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:58 AM   #65

Today

Cant get out there today. But have a good time. Keep us posted.
Dohertycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:13 AM   #66

i won't be out either this week...

next week is good though

btw, whoever had the orient red boxster... i have something for you!

Old 03-02-2008, 01:25 PM   #67

Well, as expected it was a small turn out, then it started spinkling so I headed back home. I was one of 2 Porsches out there.
cs jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 03:26 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_topher
i won't be out either this week...

next week is good though

btw, whoever had the orient red boxster... i have something for you!
That would be me.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:39 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTCMart
That would be me.
the one i wanted came in a two-pack (seal grey and this one) for a single auction on ebay...

so you can have this one:

Old 03-03-2008, 06:07 PM   #70

Haha, that is awesome! I'll take it!
Old 03-03-2008, 07:48 PM   #71

i got a seal one for me, and a seal 1/18th too

Old 03-27-2008, 09:40 PM   #72
dkh

[Just found this thread and realized I should have posted the following message here.]

Sorry for the late notice - and if this has already been posted - but local DFW Boxsters (and those willing to make the trip of course) can autocross your car at the PCA Maverick Region autocross this weekend on Sunday, March 30th, at Birdville Stadium parking lot in N. Richland Hills. You can get details at http://mav.pca.org/events/AX.asp - then this page will direct you to www.clubregistration.net to register and pay entry fees. As far as I know the registration will be open through March 29. The local DFW PCA region is the Maverick Region. If you're a PCA member the event entry fee cost is $25 - non-members $35. If you don't have a helmet you can borrow one from the club. If you've never autocrossed and need help getting started there are instructors who can ride with you for the first few laps to get you started. There are plenty of great people in Maverick region who would be glad to help you get started.

If you haven't autocrossed your car before I highly recommend that you give it a try. I bet you'll be back for more.

Ken
dkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:13 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkh
[Just found this thread and realized I should have posted the following message here.]

Sorry for the late notice - and if this has already been posted - but local DFW Boxsters (and those willing to make the trip of course) can autocross your car at the PCA Maverick Region autocross this weekend on Sunday, March 30th, at Birdville Stadium parking lot in N. Richland Hills. You can get details at http://mav.pca.org/events/AX.asp - then this page will direct you to www.clubregistration.net to register and pay entry fees. As far as I know the registration will be open through March 29. The local DFW PCA region is the Maverick Region. If you're a PCA member the event entry fee cost is $25 - non-members $35. If you don't have a helmet you can borrow one from the club. If you've never autocrossed and need help getting started there are instructors who can ride with you for the first few laps to get you started. There are plenty of great people in Maverick region who would be glad to help you get started.

If you haven't autocrossed your car before I highly recommend that you give it a try. I bet you'll be back for more.

Ken
i would love to do this but A) too short of notice for me and B) aren't we expecting rain?

any other of these coming up, either at that location or other ones?

Old 03-28-2008, 03:26 PM   #74
dkh

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_topher
i would love to do this but A) too short of notice for me and B) aren't we expecting rain?

any other of these coming up, either at that location or other ones?

Hey lucky_topher

Hope you can make it - sorry about that short notice, but yes, there are some more local PCA autocross events coming up soon. On April 6th there is the 2nd PCA autocross of the season that at Pennington Field (Central Drive near 183 in Bedford). I can't remember when the next one is at the moment but you can go to the site that I posted in my last email and there is a calendar of events for the Maverick PCA Region.

Yep, some possibility of rain and although I would prefer to autocross on dry pavement, it's not a bad idea to get some practice on wet pavement for real world rainy day circumstances. They will still run the autocross rain or shine - unless we get one of those really hard downpours that could become a safety issue. I just hope it isn't one of those off again/on again rain events where my competitors all get their runs on dry pavement and I get to run in the wet when it's my turn! But then again it could be the other way around. PLUS, very little to no tire wear in the wet!

Come on out if you can.

Ken
Old 03-29-2008, 06:25 AM   #75

Hey guys,

New member of the Boxster club here , just bought a red '01 S, hope to see you guys out and about soon. I may even go out to the AX in NRH on Sunday just to check it out.
Wingnut2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 08:03 PM   #76
dkh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut2u
Hey guys,

New member of the Boxster club here , just bought a red '01 S, hope to see you guys out and about soon. I may even go out to the AX in NRH on Sunday just to check it out.
Hey Wingnut2u! Did you make it out to the NRH Birdville stadium AX last Sunday? Not sure if I saw a red 01 S ....... but if you didn't, there is another Maverick Region PCA AX this Sunday, April 6, at Pennington Field (Central Drive at Airport Freeway). Come out early (~8AM), register and participate if you can! Like most of us, you'll be hooked once you try it.

Hope to see you Sunday.

Ken
2000S #86 - Slate Grey Metallic
Old 04-05-2008, 01:56 PM   #77

living in the dfw area as well

next time there is an event would love to go..

2004 Box S special Ed

Roberto
2004 Boxster S Special Edition #64
robsven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 02:34 PM   #78
dkh

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsven
next time there is an event would love to go..

2004 Box S special Ed

Roberto

Here's where you can find all the Maverick Region PCA events:

http://mav.pca.org/Events/Calendar.asp

Next autocross is April 27 in Mineral Wells.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:15 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkh
Hey Wingnut2u! Did you make it out to the NRH Birdville stadium AX last Sunday? Not sure if I saw a red 01 S ....... but if you didn't, there is another Maverick Region PCA AX this Sunday, April 6, at Pennington Field (Central Drive at Airport Freeway). Come out early (~8AM), register and participate if you can! Like most of us, you'll be hooked once you try it.

Hope to see you Sunday.

Ken
2000S #86 - Slate Grey Metallic
Ken, we made it but not until 12:30pm, we had my wife's bday party at our house last night so we were moving a little slow this morning to say the least and 8:00am just wasn't going to happen. We didn't see you out there, unless that was you at the gas station afterwards, hopefully we will see you next time.

Mike
Wingnut2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 03:52 PM   #80
dkh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut2u
Ken, we made it but not until 12:30pm, we had my wife's bday party at our house last night so we were moving a little slow this morning to say the least and 8:00am just wasn't going to happen. We didn't see you out there, unless that was you at the gas station afterwards, hopefully we will see you next time.

Mike
Hi Mike - that probably was me - I did go to the gas station. Was that your red Boxster S?

We had a really long, but very fun, day! Lots of very fast cars but of course as we know, the Boxsters look the best going fast! We all were able to get in 10 runs which is above the typical day of autocross where you may get 6 at the most. With some car clubs (non-Porsche usually) you can only count on 3 timed runs. It was a fun and challenging course.

Hope you come back out and try it sometime. You can go to the Maverick Region PCA website at www.mav.pca.org and click on the Calendar link to find out about more upcoming driving events. The next autocross is a bit further away - in Mineral Wells at the end of April. Mineral Wells has a huge paved area - far larger than these football stadium lots - probably more than 4 times larger - so the autocrosses are usually set up to allow higher speeds and longer courses.

I think the plan is to have more local autocrosses after this next event in Mineral Wells. Some talk of having one on the parking lot at The Ballpark in Arlington or whatever it's called now. It's supposed to be a very big lot too.

Keep in touch - hope to see you at one of the PCA events - maybe one of the tours?!

Ken