Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2008, 08:18 PM   #1

Build Date to Arrival

Has anyone ordered a Boxster recently? How long is it from planned production to arrival?

If my build date is 6/18 how long would it take to arrive?

hqduong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 02:34 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hqduong
Has anyone ordered a Boxster recently? How long is it from planned production to arrival?

If my build date is 6/18 how long would it take to arrive?
Just picked up my new Boxster yesterday.

Ordered from dealer 2/6/08
Completed production in Finland 4/10/08
Arrived at US port 5/23/08
At dealer 5/29/08
Took delivery 5/31/08

So total days from my ordering the car to delivery: 114

But, I think there are a lot of variables that may make your experience different

1) My dealer's allotment and other customers orders meant that my car order wasn't really placed in the system until sometime in early March

2) Sometime shortly before my build date there was a major fire in the German Porsche plant. While my car was assembled in Finland, the engine comes from Germany. I don't know if this caused any delay

3) While the car was on the Atlantic, there was a major storm that forced them to seek refuge in an Eastern Canadian port for a few days

4) The car hit the dock on the Friday before memorial day.

5) My dealership is less than 100 miles from the port. Once it cleared the port it was a 1 day until it got to the dealership.

Regards,
Alan
renzop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 03:28 AM   #3
bmussatti

I would say your car will be completed and ship in mid July. Then arrive to the US by Mid August. You should have it by mid Sept.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:27 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by renzop
Just picked up my new Boxster yesterday.

Ordered from dealer 2/6/08
Completed production in Finland 4/10/08
Arrived at US port 5/23/08
At dealer 5/29/08
Took delivery 5/31/08

So total days from my ordering the car to delivery: 114

But, I think there are a lot of variables that may make your experience different

1) My dealer's allotment and other customers orders meant that my car order wasn't really placed in the system until sometime in early March

2) Sometime shortly before my build date there was a major fire in the German Porsche plant. While my car was assembled in Finland, the engine comes from Germany. I don't know if this caused any delay

3) While the car was on the Atlantic, there was a major storm that forced them to seek refuge in an Eastern Canadian port for a few days

4) The car hit the dock on the Friday before memorial day.

5) My dealership is less than 100 miles from the port. Once it cleared the port it was a 1 day until it got to the dealership.

Regards,
Alan
Renzop,

Where do you live? East or Western US?
Old 06-01-2008, 05:46 PM   #5

Boxster delivery

My Boxster had a February 4th (2008) build date. It was shipped to San Diego and trucked up to the dealer in San Jose where I took delivery on March 19th.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:58 PM   #6

Thanks Clifford, sounds like you and I are very similar :-)

I'm also in San Jose and you got all the same options I got!
Old 06-03-2008, 06:52 AM   #7

I ordered my '08 Boxster on Feb. 11 '08 with a projected Build Complete date of March 25. She arrived at the dealer on April 30 and I picked her up on May 2 after having the dealer install the invisible bra. Fort Worth, Texas.

'08, Base, Ruby red Metallic w/ gray interior, 6 speed with PASM, Bi-zenons, Std wheels w/ colored inserts.

Only 811 miles as of this morning. Can't wait to hit 2000!

Buddy
Uncle Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 05:43 PM   #8

hqduong -

Thanks Clifford, sounds like you and I are very similar :-)

I'm also in San Jose and you got all the same options I got!

Obviously you have good taste in cars!!

Actually I just had the Porsche stereo replaced with an Alpine unit with GPS, Bluetooth and an iPod interface. Still using the Bose speakers, but the 6 disk CD is not being used.

Having a blast so far with the car, though still only have 1700 miles, so I'm looking forward to getting past the break-in period so I can open up the motor.

I ordered mine back in September so I had to wait six months to get it. Waiting wasn't to bad at first. But once it was on the ship, I was estimating how long it would take for the dealer to call. Hope you haven't had to wait as long as I did.

Good luck and let us know how it goes when your car arrives.