Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2004, 09:34 AM   #21

Send a message via AIM to LoveBunny
I was riding in the car with my mom behind a Cayenne and she goes, "What's a Cayenne?" I told her it was a Porsche SUV and she started laughing.

LoveBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 10:11 AM   #22

Just a suggestion from a new board member...

I know members here belong/read/lurks in other forums. And you sometimes read a negative remark about the Boxter. I think that quoting and/or linking those remarks and comments to this board only escalate the ill will. It's like getting beat up in a different neighborhood so you go back home and get your friends to help you get even. It's sophomoric. We're Porsche Boxster owners, we have better class than that.

I also read some not so positive remarks about other cars in here,
but outside of our shared interest in the Boxster, we really don't know too much about the other interest of our board members. My point is, if I don't like your comment about car X, should I then cross post your comments to car X forum?

I say, if you run across a bad comment about the boxster in other forums and you feel the need to defend it, please do it there - but don't drag it here where the original poster can't defend themselves. In other words, let's not start a flame war between forums. We'd be arguing with every person that expresses a negative "E-pinion" about our car. (gets off my soapbox)

"Arguing on the Net is like being in the Special Olympic, you might win, but you're still ****".
Old 09-28-2004, 12:20 PM   #23

Interesting comments. I looked at that guy's story about his Cayenne (certainly the least "porsche-like" car Porsche has ever produced) and he is the defination of an idiot. I agree with the majority here. The Cayenne is butt ugly, SUVs are bad road cars in general, and anybody who thinks Boxsters run second fiddle to anything is a moron.
scubaguy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 01:30 PM   #24

Interesting suggestion, but if that's so then this whole thread shouldn't even exist!
saphriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 09:36 PM   #25
Forum Contributor

OMG.. mate, if you bothered to look, the other site isn't even a forum, it was just some guy rambling. And when you say "but don't drag it here where the original poster can't defend themselves", ummm, if you look at the link it's been shut down.

I found his views interesting, and wanted to share that with my pals on here. This is a forum where we talk about Boxsters - and that article mentioned Boxsters. If you don't like the post then don't read it.

Whatever
sTTevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 10:11 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally posted by sTTevo
OMG.. mate, if you bothered to look, the other site isn't even a forum, it was just some guy rambling. And when you say "but don't drag it here where the original poster can't defend themselves", ummm, if you look at the link it's been shut down.
Exactly, it's dead, so why bother to resurrect it and give it more webtime? Having the members of this forum bash that person's opinion is not going to change it. If you wanted to find like-minded people that shares your passion for the Boxster, count us in. But our reaction to comments such as those you crossposted are going to vary in intensity in relations to how secure we feel about our car. And I say we don't stoop that low, our car stands well on it's own merit.

Let's not waste bandwidth, we're on the same side.
Old 10-01-2004, 02:41 AM   #27

what's wrong with this guy, what's Porsché ? what's this accent on the e? this letter doesn't even exist in German :-)

Jeannot is offline   Reply With Quote