Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2007, 06:01 PM   #1

did the top hack, now have window problem

I did the hack so the top can go down while driving. Since I did that, I've noticed that the passenger window has lost the express down function. Is this related? Can I undo the top hack by bending pin back the way it was without breaking it to see if window works again? Any help would be great!

2001 blk/tan Boxster 18" turbo twist wheels

2003 gray/tan Navigator
rgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 06:06 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
I'm not sure but it sounds like your passenger window lost it's memory. Press and hold the up button for the passenger window. Hold it for 5 seconds while it's all the way extended. Now press and hold the down button until it's all the way down. Hold that for 5 seconds while the window is all the way down. Now touch the up button again to see if the window goes up with one touch.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:19 PM   #3

This won't solve your problem, but will hopefully help others trying to do the same thing.

The way I did the top hack on my car was to "mask" pin 18 (on my 01, not sure about other years) of the convertible top module using a thin clear tape. I initially started by using black electrical tape to cover the pin, but it peeled back every time I put the module back in (tape too thick). I gave up and used a simple cello tape, and it worked like a charm. Oh, and for those questioning the need for such a hack, I recently used it when I noticed sand/dust blowing around on the freeway just as I was entering the ramp
bigb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 06:20 PM   #4

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Just did what you said, and it works like a charm.
Thank you so much for posting a reply so fast. I don't know what I'd do without everyone's help here.

Rich

2001 blk/tan Boxster 18" turbo twist wheels

2003 gray/tan Navigator
rgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote