Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2007, 04:38 PM   #1

intake question

How restrictive is the stock airbox up next to the evo intake? I'm hesitant to spend $350 on an aftermarket setup if it doesn't do anything. I desnorkeled and I've got the sound, if I'm adding an aftermarket exhaust does the evo intake really do anything? $350 is quite pricey when I'm spending half that on exhaust.

I ordered wheels, canceled the order on short shift cause that's just not comfortable to me. I'd like to know what gear I'm in and short shift doesn't provide that. I guess it takes some getting used to and I'm not sure I want to do that yet. I like the "long throw" letting me know I'm in gear.

Stebro exhaust is next with the Fabspeed cat deletes. So back to my original question with the exhaust and deletes should I get the intake to top it off? I'm leaning towards NO but, anyone have a dyno on it? Or just exhaust and cat deletes with stock airbox and then without?

Thanks for all the help with all my questions. This board is great!! Love it, best Boxster board around.

thanks again.

yellowboxster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:00 PM   #2

I have evo intake, maxspeed motorsports headers and muffler on my 2000 986 and pulled 209 hp to the rear wheels. A stock 986 2.7 should pull around 184 to 186 hp to the wheels. My dyno results are somewhere on this forum or go to Maxspeed Motorsports ebay site where he sells full boxster exhaust for my dyno results. Hope this helps!!! Jarrett R.
rule1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:00 PM   #3

I had noticeable gains instantly. I felt more low end pull and a faster top end rev. It seemed like the second set of valves opened up sooner or with more power. No complaints here.
AUDIOGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 08:14 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
my suggestion to anyone that has a manual is a short shift. i would NEVER go back to that lonnnng throw, way too out of wack and unnecessarily long...no sports car feeling to it at all.

as for eve intake, just sound, no power gains at all... but sound is awesome so no complains

exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote