Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2007, 02:31 PM   #1

Wont start

I've got a 2001 Boxster, its been running great until today. It turns over just fine but wont crank. It has no fuel pressure, the relay and fuse are both fine. The pump has power and I dont think that it is bad. I think the computer might be going bad anyone have idea's?

P-51 Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 07:09 PM   #2

alright I got it running again, turns out if the fuel pressure goes to 0 the computer turns off the fuel pump.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:42 PM   #3

Sorry but I don't understand.... can you explain how you got it running again?
wvicary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 07:37 PM   #4

Its was easy, you can just take a wire and run it from the battery to the pump and ground it, it will turn the pump on for a minute, just long enough to get about 40 psi in the line then you can plug up the original power harness to it and all should be fine.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:48 PM   #5

won't start - please help

Can somebody please help? I bought a 1999 Boxter (Ireland) 2 weeks ago and it has given me so much trouble when trying to start her (from day one). If I drive the car for 45 mins - 1 hour and switch it off for an hour plus, when I return to start her it will turn over but go dead straight away. So, I usually have to let her sit for another 45 mins - 1 hour until she starts again for me. It is very unreliable and I need my car for my job. I don't know if this is a similar problem to P-51 Mustangs. If it is I don't want to be running a wire from the battery to the pump every time I want it to start, we have very wet weather here in Ireland and I'd rather start her from the inside! I would really appreciate any help on this one. The car is under warranty but the garage are very unhelpful with trying to solve the problem. They have recondtioned the alternator etc. It is driving (not literally!) me crazy. Thank you.

distraught is offline   Reply With Quote