Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2007, 06:02 AM   #1

Supercharger Install Begins Monday!

I am expecting my IA Charger to be here on monday. I am going to document the whole thing. I can never find a detailed install so I am going to do my own. Any specific things you all want me to take pictures of or explain I will. I am also planning on shooting alot of video of the install and start up and all that. If I get the kit on monday I will send out the ecu and have that done asap. Wish me luck.

Ebay Headers, Fabspeed high flow cats, JIC Cross, IPD Plenum, H&R Coilovers, B&M Short Shifter, AEM Uego Gauge Type Analog, Apexi S-AFC Select, 987 air box, Litronics, 2000 Tails and side markers, painted center console, 18" 987 S-Wheels, GT3 Front bumper with splitter.
JAAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:13 AM   #2
blkboxster

cant wait to see, and good luck

Old 08-17-2007, 06:49 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Good luck with the install!

Take lots & lots of pics and a D.I.Y. write-up on your supercharger install!
Old 08-17-2007, 09:38 AM   #4

Cool.
It will be interesting to see how your install compares to another member who did one last year: Supercharger Installation!

Orlando - 99 BMW M Coupe (autocross toy), '11 Mazdaspeed 3 (dog hauler), '99 10AE Miata (the new daily driver)
kabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 01:15 PM   #5

It is a different kit.. I bought the imagine auto kit with the procharger not the tpc kit with a roots style charger. So alittle different. Hopefully all goes well.
Thanks
Ebay Headers, Fabspeed high flow cats, JIC Cross, IPD Plenum, H&R Coilovers, B&M Short Shifter, AEM Uego Gauge Type Analog, Apexi S-AFC Select, 987 air box, Litronics, 2000 Tails and side markers, painted center console, 18" 987 S-Wheels, GT3 Front bumper with splitter.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:38 PM   #6

I'd love to see the pictures as you progress. Hopefully it will be more fun than frustration.
Sputter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 05:50 PM   #7

Thumbs up

Hi, I never bought the IA supercharger for fear of not being able to do the installation myself, so if you are willing to do a write-up on the install with photo's and instructions that would be awesome, and then maybe i can convince the wify to let loose some of my money.

Finally something to look forward to after work

Good luck and I hope everything goes smooth for you.
2014 Mercedes Benz 350 ML
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray manual
Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:52 PM   #8

Well if the kit comes on monday as fedex tracking says, I will begin it on monday and probably finish the install on tuesday. I still have to send the computer out to get it reflashed but I don't want to do that until I get the car running. I plan on trying to fit an intercooler on the kit also. I have acouple different intercoolers laying around from previouse cars.
Thanks for all the good luck I am going to need that and some Mikes Lemonades
Old 08-17-2007, 10:58 PM   #9

I understand thats a great kit you have gotten your hands on.

Have fun with the install and hit me with any questions you may come across?

I find the intercooler pretty interesting do you have a placement idea?
If you use a intercooler are you going to stay with the same spark plug temperatures or raise the boost?

Gary

Growing up the car magazines said how amazing Porsches are. Was I brainwashed? Somehow...I doubt it.

http://www.pcars.us/albums/10641_porsche_cars.jpg
Gary in BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 05:46 AM   #10

I think the area right above the tranny or somewhat on the side of it. I have some idea's. I have a bunch of intercoolers to choose from. I used to be real into the import drag stuff. NIRA. If it works out well I might go with a 7lb pulley and have it re-tuned at giac in maryland. It is right by my sisters house. For now though I am going to stay with the stock 4.5lbs and try and intercool that. That alone will make some decent power. By the way it is sitting at fedex on the truck by my town out for delivery it says on the next business day So..... I have already gotten the new gaskets for the headers and the one cap that I needed to complete the install. I think that I should have all I need to get it done. The only thing I have to figure out is exactley where the air pump gets relocated to and mounted. I have a general idea. Thanks again and I will let you know when I get it all. You should fly up to NY and help me sweat through the install.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:57 AM   #11

With an invite like that i should have, but i think my wife would kill me since we are in vegas for the week.

Have fun though.

Growing up the car magazines said how amazing Porsches are. Was I brainwashed? Somehow...I doubt it.

http://www.pcars.us/albums/10641_porsche_cars.jpg
Gary in BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:41 AM   #12

Jaay,

What's the difference between the imagine auto kit that you bought and the TPC kit that Ohioboxster installed ?

Nick

1999 986 ( Black )
1998 MB C280 ( Black )
1999 BMW K1200RS ( Yellow )
2005 Audi A4 ( Red )
NickCats is offline   Reply With Quote