Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2007, 01:59 PM   #1

Just bought the Durametric Software

Got some questions for the people that own it.

1) Can I adjust the A/C settings to make it colder
2) Will this software tell me the true mileage of the car?
3) Will it let me turn on certain options ?

clb0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 09:11 AM   #2

I bought mine about a month ago. With the exception of clearing some codes, I haven't really had alot of time to go through the whole menu, but I think the answers to your questions are 'No'. This is just a guess, please contact the folks at Durametric. You'll get a real quick response to your questions.
Soetekouw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 09:49 AM   #3

You can adjust your AC settings by hitting the + and - buttons under the temperature display.

If you hit the - until it says 'Lo', and it's still not blowing cold, the Durametric tool will not help you. You will need to have your AC system serviced. Likely the level of coolant is too low.

2. It should be able to read the mileage from the DME. The only way this would be different than what you see on your instrument cluster would be if the instrument cluster were replaced, and not cleared before being installed.

3. I think the only 'option' you could turn on would be the outside temperature display, if your car doesn't already have the OBC (onboard computer)

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote