Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2007, 07:00 AM   #1

Aerodrome trip?

Here is a pic of a Fokker Tripe over at Lime Rock this sat. I talked to the guy at the booth and he said they were opening the Aerodrome on Fathers Day. I mentioned belonging to the Porsche club and he told me there is a special parking area and group rate for various clubs. I am thinking of doing a group trip for my region of PCA but there is no reason why a number of us Boxsteroids couldn't all meet at the Aerodrome as a group and get to meet each other. After touring the museum and watching the air show we could all drive together to a local restaurant and hang out awhile togehter. I don't know how many it would take to get a group rate but if I could get a rough headcount of how many of you would be interested in such an event, get back to me and I will see if it is feasable.

I am glad to see they are re-opening this attraction. They have been fighting local "Activist" groups, mainly NYC transplants that don't want the noise of the planes and cite bogus "Safety Issues" and tried to get them closed down. God save me from the activist, especially the type that buy a home near an airport and then try to have it shut down. Go figure?!?!?

AKL

Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 07:05 AM   #2

Fokker Tripe

Here is the pic.

AKL
Old 05-28-2007, 07:31 AM   #3

Hi,

Yea, tease me - I'd love to go, but I'm not sure it's worth the 2000 mi. round trip. If I was closer, I'd be in for sure. Have fun!

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:47 AM   #4

Cool Tease?

I figured that pic would ring your bell. Go to www.oldrhinebeck.org and check out their website. At least you can see what they have there including old cars. Would love to have you attend.

I am waiting to see what kind of response I get before I start on days & possible dates. Could be a hoot but I think we will need at least 15 cars but let's just wait and see how many respond.

AKL
Old 05-28-2007, 01:56 PM   #5

Allen,

You can count me and Mrs. Kill in for this trip.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s..._kill/Siga.jpg
Dr. Kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:55 PM   #6

Talking 2 Boxcars-4 people

4 Boxteroids so far along with two cars. Lets see how many we can get lined up. This Aeordrome is two hrs. north of NYC and a nice trip once you leave the city traffic behind. Do I hear more interest??

AKL
Old 05-31-2007, 06:27 AM   #7

Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump

Old 05-31-2007, 08:57 AM   #8

Bump Bump

Well Dr. Kill, not an overwhelming response so far. If necessary, wife and I will meet you both but I am sure we can coax a few more Boxteroids with an interest in a nice drive, antique cars and aircraft to join in. I will go over to the PPBB and make the announcement over there and see what happens.

AkL
Old 05-31-2007, 09:05 AM   #9

Thanks, I would think this would be popular - looks like it would be fun.

Old 06-02-2007, 03:44 PM   #10

Red face PPBB vs. 986.forum

Dr. Kill, I mentioned the trip over on PPBB and I have six cars interested in attending. So far over here only you have responded positivly or at all for that matter. The score stands at:
PPBB 6

986.forum 2

I am sure there are at least two more on this list that would like to attend such a sterling adventure but they must respond.

AKL