Thread: Aerodrome trip?
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 07:00 AM   #1
Allen K. Littlefield

Aerodrome trip?

Here is a pic of a Fokker Tripe over at Lime Rock this sat. I talked to the guy at the booth and he said they were opening the Aerodrome on Fathers Day. I mentioned belonging to the Porsche club and he told me there is a special parking area and group rate for various clubs. I am thinking of doing a group trip for my region of PCA but there is no reason why a number of us Boxsteroids couldn't all meet at the Aerodrome as a group and get to meet each other. After touring the museum and watching the air show we could all drive together to a local restaurant and hang out awhile togehter. I don't know how many it would take to get a group rate but if I could get a rough headcount of how many of you would be interested in such an event, get back to me and I will see if it is feasable.

I am glad to see they are re-opening this attraction. They have been fighting local "Activist" groups, mainly NYC transplants that don't want the noise of the planes and cite bogus "Safety Issues" and tried to get them closed down. God save me from the activist, especially the type that buy a home near an airport and then try to have it shut down. Go figure?!?!?

AKL
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote