Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2007, 09:43 PM   #1

Angry "HATER" EXPERIENCES

This post is a continuation of "djomlas" post about someone spitting on his car.

Just curious, who has "Hater" or "jealousy" experiences that they wish to share??

I dont know about the rest of you, but I've had waaaay too many.
Heres my list in the 1 year I've owned my car:

1. Spit on my windsheild

2. Pink Gum plastered on my soft top!!

3. A full cup of coffee thrown at me while driving on the highway!

4. "French Fries with Gravy" thrown on my front hood RIGHT after I had my car detailed!!

5. A bunch of punks yelling at me at a stop lightl "HEY PUNK!! HEY P#$SSY!"

6. The expected key scratches.

7. Landscapers blowing leaves into my car WHILE I WAS SITTING IN IT WITH MY TOP DOWN!!! He was looking directly at me while doing it! WTF?

8. A bunch of dudes in a beat up Honda tailgated me for about 15km while honking their horn! Kinda scary because I was in a REEALLY bad area.

9. Some guy kicked my car while riding his bike!

SOOOOO ANNOYING !

master_986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:54 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by master_986
This post is a continuation of "djomlas" post about someone spitting on his car.

Just curious, who has "Hater" or "jealousy" experiences that they wish to share??

I dont know about the rest of you, but I've had waaaay too many.
Heres my list in the 1 year I've owned my car:

1. Spit on my windsheild

2. Pink Gum plastered on my soft top!!

3. A full cup of coffee thrown at me while driving on the highway!

4. "French Fries with Gravy" thrown on my front hood RIGHT after I had my car detailed!!

5. A bunch of punks yelling at me at a stop lightl "HEY PUNK!! HEY P#$SSY!"

6. The expected key scratches.

7. Landscapers blowing leaves into my car WHILE I WAS SITTING IN IT WITH MY TOP DOWN!!! He was looking directly at me while doing it! WTF?

8. A bunch of dudes in a beat up Honda tailgated me for about 15km while honking their horn! Kinda scary because I was in a REEALLY bad area.

9. Some guy kicked my car while riding his bike!

SOOOOO ANNOYING !
I give you alot of credit or keeping your cool. I think I would be in prison after all that ********************!!!

Last edited by r9i8c7k; 05-24-2007 at 09:56 PM.
r9i8c7k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:21 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Damn man you have patience to not lose your top after all that stuff has happened to you,hope the next year is a little easier.

As for me and my 'horror' stories;

-Ex Co-Worker(Fired) tried to put a cigarette out on my car

-Two other Co-Workers saran wrapped my car

-Another Co-Worker put bird seeds around my entire car in an attempt to get birds to poop on it.

Needless to say I don't drive my Boxster to work anymore,I work with too many grown-up(21+) Idiots.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:35 AM   #4
boxsterz

I am curious, what's the average age for those of you that got hassled? Sounds like early twenties.

I wonder if it's "jealously of the rich kid syndrome"? For some reason, I can't imagine a grey haired guy getting the same treatment. I'm not saying anyone deserves this kind of treatment from dirt bags, I'm just trying to understand it.

Hopefully they will get theirs one day...
Old 05-25-2007, 12:43 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxsterz
I am curious, what's the average age for those of you that got hassled? Sounds like early twenties.
I was 18 when those events happened,back when all the 'Dad let you take his car today?' and 'Rich White Boy' comments were new.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:59 AM   #6

I'm in my late twenties. Most of the punks were around the same age. I guess its a jealousy thing. As for my patience, i did 'tell off' about half of those punks on the spot, but i dare not stop my car and get out. Knowing people nowadays, im sure they would have done something to my car. Maybe smash my windshield.....Seems kinda wussy to just ignore and drive off, but id rather not see my baby box get smashed because of a bad decision.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:17 AM   #7

What purpose will this thread serve.

Just curious?

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:20 AM   #8

Brucelee wrote:
> What purpose will this thread serve.

I guess if you apply that question to most any other post on this forum, the entire forum will suffer a precipitate death.

-- peer
Peer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:21 AM   #9

Send a message via AIM to YellowJacket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
What purpose will this thread serve.

Just curious?

I guess the same purpose that most social interaction serves -- fufills the psychological need for these people to feel they're not alone, that others in the world are sharing the same experiences. I think that's human nature, isn't it?

Ok, but back on topic, I have gotten nothing but respect and positive comments in my Boxster. But I think that's because I live in a relatively "blue-collar" city (Richmond, VA) where people are just excited to see a Porsche.

Now, when I drove a modded BMW in college, that was a different story -- I got tons of rude comments and insults and the occasional vandalism (broken windows, even.)
YellowJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:31 AM   #10

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Kids writing "Ugly Car" in the dust on my trunk.

**************************** i parked next to at the movies who was siting in his Ford Lightening spit on my top while i was in the theater.

All that has Stopped now that I live in the really nice part of Long Beach. I just get my car water spotted if i park in the street over nite.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:56 AM   #11

Interesting. Master seems to be a maget; in contrast, Blink seems to have a bunch of fun friends at work, ex. the fired guy..

My wife drives both our Boxster and the 997-S more than I. She seems to feel the 997 attracts more F-150s. She's somewhat afraid of redneck men anyway, so I give part of this to that apprehension. It's probably been 10yrs. since the general rule: "You don't look at anybody!" has been in effect, so I don't notice anything unusual over here on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. ..certainly, none of this 'spit' stuff.

j i m
wetstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:41 AM   #12

Strange stuff. Everyone I know loves my car. Today it's in the shop and I have a loaner ('06 silver base model, but sweeeeet). Everyone in the office has asked if they could drive it since it's just a loaner.
dmcutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:49 AM   #13

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
well its not that people dont like my car, i get more positive comments than negative, but that just doesnt have the same effect on me as someone spitting on it.
usually when i drive around with top down people take pictures of it, its sooo funny, my GF doesnt understand why would anyone want to take a picture of it.
ive had that happen to me way too many times, its very weird/strange

the other day we went for icecream and as we were coming back to my car there was a girl in a boxster in the opposite lane takin a picture of it, boy that was funny, my GF didnt like that
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:57 AM   #14

I live in the land of Mustangs and Camaros, not far from the biggest high school in Oklahoma. I've lived in this town all my life so, it's just to be expected. I've been tainted and led to believe that everyone that drives a Mustang or Camaro is a ********************. Just how it is around here.

I was on my way out to the lake driving right by the high school. I guess football practice or something had just got out. Had a car load of high school kids (in a Mustang) sitting next to my friend and I reving their engine and just generally talking **************** about whatever. The light turns green and I noticed his lane ended. Rather than me speed off and leave him, I allowed him to smoke his tires and go. I didn't want him behind me that's for damn sure. He kept speeding up and then slowing way down. Finally he sped up at just the right time and passed a cop on the side of the road. I see the cherries light up in my rearview mirror and I got more to the side to let him pass and sure enough he pulled them over.

Karma is grand sometimes.
yellowboxster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:59 AM   #15

In Texas, we generally shoot people that do most of that crap.

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 02:37 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrayAdjacent
In Texas, we generally shoot people that do most of that crap.

I bet that kind of inhibits most folks.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 03:34 PM   #17

@ Master986, wow, some of the stories are just plain crazy. Most people around here just have more respect for peoples' property than in your area I guess. Call me a hot head, but I don't see how you let people do that to you or your car Master986. It's one thing coming back to a vandalised car, but it's entirely another watching them and not doing anything. I'd at the very least call the police.... Maybe you'll run so you can run off another day, but how does it feel to be a doormat?

Last edited by Adam; 05-25-2007 at 03:51 PM.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 03:55 PM   #18

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Ah I almost forgot, the worst thing someone ever did to my boxster was back into my front bumper 4 - 5 times with a tow hitch on x-mas eve. Didnt leave a note or anything. They bacially rammed it 4 or 5 times.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 11:09 PM   #19

Doormat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
@ Maybe you'll run so you can run off another day, but how does it feel to be a doormat?

lol...I dont think of myself as a doormat....From where I live, its called "smarts"....Anyone willing to get shot or have their car vandalized because they cant control their primitive, neanderthal temper obviously lacks intelligence and common sense.
"Choose your battles wisely" is the saying that guides my behaviour and actions. Those who think that my choice warrants the label "doormat" are, for lack of a better word, just plain "dumb".

And btw, I would probably beat your ass, so theres no need to imply that I cant by calling names. Understood? ...no joke

Last edited by master_986; 05-26-2007 at 11:47 PM.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:10 AM   #20

Well my ex-boss told me NOT to drive my Boxster to work! Right, like I don't. Sad to say, but the jealous bi..h fired me shortly after. By the way her SUV cost at least 1.5 times my Box. Only thing I got to say that God do not like ugly. Karma is a bi..h too.

01 Speed Yellow Boxster S
- Tip
- PSE
- C4S Cluster with new style OBC
- 18" with 7mm rear spacers
- Litronics
- Fully de-ambered
- LED taillights
- Aluminium Pedals
- Integrated Garage Door Opener
- 986 emblem
- Yellow brake calipers with Brembo stickers