Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2007, 03:36 PM   #21

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
That picture of your emblem looks like it should belong in a Porsche catalog.
Nice job!

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 04:12 PM   #22

Great pics, you're a talented photographer. I miss my midnight blue sometimes. When freshly washed, I think it's the best...the rest of the time, pretty much a pain in the ass

As I mentioned, offline to another recent 987S purchaser, I think you'll find running a low-windshield mount on your V1 (?) to ultimately be a better solution. I've found no noticeable difference between low-high in the Box, and it's certainly less conspicuous. Particularly since the sun flaps on the Box aren't conducively angled for attaching a clip-mount.

06 987S- Sold
Carrara White / Black / Black/Stone Grey Two-tone

05 987 5-speed - Sold
Midnight Blue Metallic / Metropol Blue / Sand Beige

06 MB SLK350- Lease escapee
Iridium Silver Metallic / Black

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. - Robert Wilensky
SD987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 05:29 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by super66
that's a great looking car....can I be the first to bust your bubble with some recommendations??? thanks

1. clear markers will look great! cheap mod too

2. painted vents!

3. and last but not least, some colored crests for those wheels....

is the boxster logo chrome? I think it looks cool how it sticks out back there
Thanks! As for bursting my bubble, not a chance -- all I gotta do is jump in that seat, fire 'er up, and take 'er for a spin, and all worries magically disappear.

As for the clear markers.. guess what the postman delivered today? Unbeatable price from Sunset Imports, $11.32/side. I thought about the painted vents, but they match the "fins" in the front bumper, and I'm not particularly emotional about the painted ones, so I'll probably pass. Colored crests I definitely agree with, would make for a great birthday present come August, just need to find a rich girlfriend.. !

The Boxster logo is not chrome, it appears to be just a gray plastic.

Just snapped these with the new clear side markers, definitely like these over the orange ones!

And yes, these really were taken in Cleveland -- it's not all as ugly as downtown!

Regarding the V1, I'm surprised that mounting it lower would work as well, as I would have thought the rear view would be obstructed. I'm going to be hard-wiring it with a friend in the next week or two, so it will probably end up pretty high so I can hide the wires well. Thanks for the tip though!

I haven't had a go at the cosmoline yet, have a busy weekend ahead of me, but will try to get that gunk off with your suggestions. Thanks again everyone, and for all the compliments on the photos, it's a real pleasure taking pictures of a beautiful car like a Boxster

ejmc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 08:21 AM   #24

Congratulations!!!

I too have a 2007 987 and it is very, very difficult to stay under 4,200 RPM. I had my dealership keep all the plastic on, and not even wash my car, so that nobody at the dealership would screw up my paint. There was no cosmoline anywhere. Had the clear bra put on at the dealership.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

Michael

Bi-Xenon / Heated Seats / 19" Turbo Wheels
Windstop Deflector / Sports Chrono Package +
Bose High End Sound / Chrome Exhaust
Thick Steering Wheel
Spy4cia is offline   Reply With Quote