Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2007, 08:39 AM   #1

Water under driver's seat... car wouldn't start

I went out and did some errands today, and it had rained pretty bad last night. I knew the carpet behind the driver's seat was getting damp...

But today when I pulled back into the apartments, I stopped at the office to drop something off, and turned off the engine. When I got back in, everything would come on, but the starter wouldn't kick in. I started to push the car into the complex (I live downhill of the office, thought I could try popping the clutch), but I got stopped after I tried to pop the clutch. Then the engine started!

I checked under the seat, and there was water. Not a lot, but some of it was standing. Got back to the apartment, and got in there with a couple towels to soak it up, and then put a fan in there. It's sunny and dry today, so I hope it will dry out. I'm about to fly out to DC for a week, and I'll be leaving the car at my rent's, so I at least need to get down there today.

Could it just be the water down there that caused it not to start? Will drying it out resolve the problem, at least until it gets wet again? What can I check to stop this leaking? (I also noticed the seat belt was damp, so the part that rolls up outside of the cabin is getting wet)

Thanks,

M@

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote