Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2007, 09:10 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
Jim, you brilliantly articulated my sentiments on parts pricing for Pcar owners. Thank you!

Since the first week of ownership, I have thought about how easy it would be to make piles and piles of money by respecting my customers enough to sell Pcar parts for a reasonable amount and not rip their heads off with the shipping and handling.

I cannot find a stealership in Texas that sells at retail. They're all 10-100% OVER retail, even on common things like a radiator cap.

Todd, I've never bought from you before, but since you're already in the business and reading thread replies, please figure out how to cut your prices on Pcar stuff to a reasonable amount over hard cost. Then take Jim's thoughts on buying tranny fluid from BMW and ignition switches from VW or Audi and educate the customer that they can pay 2x more elsewhere or get it from you for the right price. You will retire a multi-millionaire.
We do have a 'reasonable amount' over hard cost - often less margin than what Suncoast brags about, but they can buy at a far lower margin for most products, so we're at a great disadvantage.

Our goal is more to offer one-stop shopping, making sure the hard-to-find stuff is there, and also to have advice from those who can relate (being other Boxster owners), as well as kits and 'phases' for Spec cars, etc.

This thread is awesome - thanks! Ask and you shall receive!

2005 Boxster S - Atlas Grey/Black, PASM, Sport Chrono, Bose
2006 Infiniti M35 Sport
2007 Cadillac Escalade (tow vehicle with bling)

'00 Boxster - 2.7l w/FVD ECU tuning, Moton double adjustable suspension, custom stainless headers, lightweight flywheel, dual Magnaflow mufflers, 18" CCR wheels, 911 front brakes in front, Boxster front brakes in rear, full welded cage.

http://www.epiqautosport.com/images/epiqtoddavatar2.jpg
EPIQTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:12 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis
Forget adding "Hard to Find" parts to your inventory, reduce your shipping costs they are outrageous.

I do not know why the sponsors on this board are some of the most costly sites to buy from.

Example:

Order a "Red Clip" from your site:

Cost: $5.10 (Local dealer was $3.00)

S/H: $7.00 (UPS Ground to Houston)

So my question is why is it I should I buy from your site

Good reason for this, although not one we can do much about. We didn't anticipate that people would buy JUST a red clip, but they have, and for that the shipping is high. Our online checkout is setup so that the shipping is based on total dollar amount spent, and quite frankly, we lose money on most of our orders. Imagine brake rotors or pads that fall in the $19 category for shipping, yet our shipping costs are more like $26, etc.

Easy way around this is to call or email us - we have NO intention of charging that much for a red clip, and we don't pay that much, obviously, so let us hook you up right - probably $1.50 shipping on that...

2005 Boxster S - Atlas Grey/Black, PASM, Sport Chrono, Bose
2006 Infiniti M35 Sport
2007 Cadillac Escalade (tow vehicle with bling)

'00 Boxster - 2.7l w/FVD ECU tuning, Moton double adjustable suspension, custom stainless headers, lightweight flywheel, dual Magnaflow mufflers, 18" CCR wheels, 911 front brakes in front, Boxster front brakes in rear, full welded cage.

http://www.epiqautosport.com/images/epiqtoddavatar2.jpg
EPIQTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:21 AM   #23

silver face gauges Todd??? I want another thing for my car that I wno't install for months
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:44 AM   #24

Send a message via AIM to Travis
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPIQTodd
Good reason for this, although not one we can do much about. We didn't anticipate that people would buy JUST a red clip, but they have, and for that the shipping is high. Our online checkout is setup so that the shipping is based on total dollar amount spent, and quite frankly, we lose money on most of our orders. Imagine brake rotors or pads that fall in the $19 category for shipping, yet our shipping costs are more like $26, etc.

Easy way around this is to call or email us - we have NO intention of charging that much for a red clip, and we don't pay that much, obviously, so let us hook you up right - probably $1.50 shipping on that...

Todd -

Did not mean to sound rude in my post, but reading it again I did very much sound rude and I apologize for that.

Now with your above reply you answered my question:

"why is it I should I buy from your site "
By coming up with a direct answer and a solution to make the customer happy!

Good Job

Last edited by Travis; 04-25-2007 at 07:53 AM.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:13 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
So, $7 shipping on the red clip seems very reasonable to me, even though I am an amazon.com junkie because of their free shipping and decent discounts on a lot of stuff (which I cannot figure out for the life of me how they stay in business doing it).
not only are they staying in business they are up big time over a year ago.
Stock is up 25% today to $55...arrgggg.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:49 PM   #26

TechArt Formula GT rims
2000 Porsche Boxster | SOLD | http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9114

http://www.kryzak.com/storage/986sig12.jpg

http://kryzak.tumblr.com
Jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:02 PM   #27

I can't find any reasonably priced clear halogen headlights. I'd love a set but I'm not going to drop $1000+ on them (I think Suncoast and Pelican are the only places I've found them). I've been trying to keep my eye out on ebay but haven't had much luck.

Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote