View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 09:10 PM   #21
EPIQTodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
Jim, you brilliantly articulated my sentiments on parts pricing for Pcar owners. Thank you!

Since the first week of ownership, I have thought about how easy it would be to make piles and piles of money by respecting my customers enough to sell Pcar parts for a reasonable amount and not rip their heads off with the shipping and handling.

I cannot find a stealership in Texas that sells at retail. They're all 10-100% OVER retail, even on common things like a radiator cap.

Todd, I've never bought from you before, but since you're already in the business and reading thread replies, please figure out how to cut your prices on Pcar stuff to a reasonable amount over hard cost. Then take Jim's thoughts on buying tranny fluid from BMW and ignition switches from VW or Audi and educate the customer that they can pay 2x more elsewhere or get it from you for the right price. You will retire a multi-millionaire.
We do have a 'reasonable amount' over hard cost - often less margin than what Suncoast brags about, but they can buy at a far lower margin for most products, so we're at a great disadvantage.

Our goal is more to offer one-stop shopping, making sure the hard-to-find stuff is there, and also to have advice from those who can relate (being other Boxster owners), as well as kits and 'phases' for Spec cars, etc.

This thread is awesome - thanks! Ask and you shall receive!

2005 Boxster S - Atlas Grey/Black, PASM, Sport Chrono, Bose
2006 Infiniti M35 Sport
2007 Cadillac Escalade (tow vehicle with bling)

'00 Boxster - 2.7l w/FVD ECU tuning, Moton double adjustable suspension, custom stainless headers, lightweight flywheel, dual Magnaflow mufflers, 18" CCR wheels, 911 front brakes in front, Boxster front brakes in rear, full welded cage.

http://www.epiqautosport.com/images/epiqtoddavatar2.jpg
EPIQTodd is offline   Reply With Quote