Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2007, 04:53 PM   #21
boggtown

Just an update, got 88,000 on the clock and so far within the past week ive done the cabin filter, polyrib belt, and the spark plugs. All Ive got left is the fuel filter, and oil change (whenever my dang oil gets in to walmart, its been a month ). Im having the brakes and tranny/differential fluid changed at the dealer. Wish me luck, I will probably get the fuel filter done tomorrow.

Old 07-29-2007, 11:04 AM   #22
boggtown

Update. 88,800 miles, changed fuel filter. My impressions, pretty easy. Some notes though, make sure you have a cup to catch the gas. Cause there is a lot that pours down on you, much more than I expected. Then I removed the fuel filter, again, much more fuel dumps out than you expect. Have something to catch it with! I got soaked and started to burn all over so I had to get out and let some of the gas evaporate while took my shirt off. It took me an hour and a half total, and half an hour was me being shirtless chilling out.

Still waiting for my oil from walmart... those sons of b!tches... how longs it been since I placed my order, over a month for sure.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:52 PM   #23

Bogg, forget wally world. Did you check autozone Nappa etc etc to see if they have 0w40? My local autozone carries it. Good job on the DYI stuf by the way. How were the plugs? Any suggestions or tips....I have to do mine here in about 3 mo.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:36 PM   #24
boggtown

I will check the other places, i just figured walmart had the lowest price... on everything... even souls...

As for the plugs, the usefull tool list includes, hex socket and hex key, several different size extensions (such as 3 inch, 2 inch, 6 inch), and definately a flashlight. Take off the wheels and little wheel well things, some say you dont have to take off the wheels but it is the easiest way. Unclip the connector, then take off the coil pack. Some do all at once and label the connectors, but I did one at a time completely. Unclip, unscrew, slide out coilpack, unscrew spark plug, insert new plug, screw it in, place coil pack, and re connect, then move on. Some say to do one side then see if it starts so you know if there are any problems on those 3 cylinders. I didnt, it all works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
Bogg, forget wally world. Did you check autozone Nappa etc etc to see if they have 0w40? My local autozone carries it. Good job on the DYI stuf by the way. How were the plugs? Any suggestions or tips....I have to do mine here in about 3 mo.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:47 PM   #25

Thank you

Adam is offline   Reply With Quote